ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA WRESTLING THREAD

I think all of Avery will go down 1 weight class from what they wrestled last night. i expect Shell at 38 and Nowell at 26. Grant Reese will probably be at 32 against Aldo. We might get to see Fink and Blackledge Saturday at 82 before Seth moves on down to 70.
I think Reece is going 126. Avery had a Bentley at 132 last night.

Robbinsville 72
Mitchell 06

Robbinsville freshman was the lone defeat. He wrestled up two classes. I thought he looked good though.

Well that was bad. Unless there is another wrestler for Mitchell on the football team, they won’t have a state qualifier this year.

So Eastern Randolph will be in the East as well?
Good question. I am not sure. Uwharrie was the only one mentioned to me with them being 1 of the top teams in 1a. There is a good chance, I was told the split was lopsided to the West. Any West teams close to the line may go East for postseason.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Will ER have a full team.?
Yes they should this season. They start tonight so we will see. Probably missing some guys due to football but I expect to see a full team. Love our coach. Excited to see the program competitive again after being pretty dormant for a good while.

Just weird the NCHSAA makes little sense
Looks like several schools playing football in the west will be east for wrestling postseason.

Eastern Randolph
Uwharrie
Bishop McGuinness
Carver
NC Leadership Academy
North Rowan
South Davidson
Thomasville
Albemarle
Apprentice Academy
Bradford Prep
Corvian Community
South Stanly

Missed weight
Like with Avery. They don’t have a 113,145, or a 220 today. If you have so many kids on the team that put the work in the room practicing why not give them a chance to compete if you have kids at those weights. Just seems like not good coaching to me.

Like with Avery. They don’t have a 113,145, or a 220 today. If you have so many kids on the team that put the work in the room practicing why not give them a chance to compete if you have kids at those weights. Just seems like not good coaching to me.
Looks like the tournament didn’t allow teams to change wrestlers after scratches. There may be a jv too running not on track

If can’t he make 132 do you think he can get to 126. Avery 106 had a good win the semifinals. He will be a kid to keep an eye on this year. His dad was a pretty good wrestler when he was at Avery.

Avery won the tournament easy. Not looking too good for Robbinsville. Bet they got some sick feelings after that one. There wasn’t a lot of head to head matches but Avery easily beat kids that beat Rville wrestlers. 106 and 120 have to be gut punches with Rville wrestlers losing by fall and Avery winning those weights.

Avery entered 11 wrestlers and 9 placed 3rd or better.
Robbinsville entered 10 wrestlers and placed 6 wrestlers 4th or better.

Avery won the tournament easy. Not looking too good for Robbinsville. Bet they got some sick feelings after that one. There wasn’t a lot of head to head matches but Avery easily beat kids that beat Rville wrestlers. 106 and 120 have to be gut punches with Rville wrestlers losing by fall and Avery winning those weights.

Avery entered 11 wrestlers and 9 placed 3rd or better.
Robbinsville entered 10 wrestlers and placed 6 wrestlers 4th or better.
Fink whooped Blackledge though. Avery’s 220 didn’t wrestle and they have a pretty good freshman that hasn’t wrestled yet. The 106 pounder dad finished 2nd in the states when he wrestled. Got beat by Phil Carlton in the finals.

F.T Foard had their 77 match streak broke to finish 3rd. Cleveland, TN got the win over Baylor, TN to take the title.

Reactions: Appvol
F.T Foard had their 77 match streak broke to finish 3rd. Cleveland, TN got the win over Baylor, TN to take the title.
Where was that at. The tournament Avery goes to in Virginia later in the year will have Cleveland at it.

The Falcon is coming up this weekend. Winners here usually place high at the state tournament.

Avery beat Mallard Creek, North Henderson, Providence Day, Newton Conover Friday

Yes

FF7_38yXMAg7uo2.jpg

Robbinsville looked much better vs Enka with the FB players back.

Looks like Avery is giving up a few more points this year. Is some missing in the lineup?

Enka is in major rebuild mode but a win over them is always good.

Looks like Avery is giving up a few more points this year. Is some missing in the lineup?

Enka is in major rebuild mode but a win over them is always good.
Yeah 113 was a forfeit Adams at 160 didn’t wrestle and Vance at 220

Think they all cut a weight class this year? Wondering is Shell stays at 145 and Blackledge at 182.
Have no clue on that. I keep up on track and my friend who son is on the team. If Blackledge wants to win states again he is going to have to get 170 to make his chances easier.

Have no clue on that. I keep up on track and my friend who son is on the team. If Blackledge wants to win states again he is going to have to get 170 to make his chances easier.
I think he can get to 70 easy but not sure Adams can get back to 52. That might be the problem. Also Parker is small for 70 bet he is already at 60.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT