ADVERTISEMENT

N Lincoln at Shelby

Yes i do.. I love the Haynes family me and Kane have been close over years we worked out together in 90s. And i love to ho see pops cars in the basement. They are still true to Lincolnton but split to love them Lions too.
Kane was a big part of SHS in 90s.. Coach Taylor thinks world of Kane amd coach Norman too

Guys (Lincolnton brethern), no one is mocking you. You guys did have a bad season. No big deal; you will bounce back. As I said in another post; Lincolnton always seems to have athletes every year. All that is being said is that just because Lincolnton, East and Maiden isn't 1,2 and 3 in the conference doesn't mean the competition is down. West always has to endure scoffing every year. We aren't blessed with the athletes that you guys are but I will tell you the difference in this West team and the years past is work ethic. I'm a fan of Lincolnton. Some of my best friends are former Lincolnton players. You have a great tradition no one is denying that. I just want someone to explain to all parties involved what the statement competition is down means? That's all.

West 17 you seem like pretty good dude. Good luck to West next year and any other sports..
Hate we did plan a meet up at game.. Maybe next time.

I love the kids that play the game. All schools and all sports. Alot of times it's the parents that Don't get it. This is the best years of thier life and it's over in a blink of an eye. I had to endure going to school at West Lincoln during the early 90's through the racial conflicts that always seemed to be associated with us. With all the bad shit going on in the world today; it makes me happy to see that social media has brought these athletes of all races and social upbringings together and they all are friends and have mad respect for each other. Way different than when I was in school. It would be nice if some of that love and respect would spill over to us adults. 23 years of military talking there. The world would be a better place if we would learn a little from these high school kids. Sports Is thier common ground and no matter what it produces respect for one another.

West17, thanks for saying something. I've heard the argument competition is down and I, for one, don't think it is. Bandys, West and North were the best teams out of our conference, this season.
About West being different, I agree they were different and they did appear to be dedicated.
About having to take scoffing from those that beat us , that's just part of it.

I agree. I try doing all i can for our team. I do supper club and just last week wife and i fed the team pregame meal.
It just makes you feel good to do for ones less fortunate. But your right its all bout the kids.

And to clear the air with NM88; I would come and watch the game Friday night if it weren't for me driving 7 hours home for the weekend in just enough time to make it to my son's basketball game hopefully now that Shelby put us out lol. I made the drive every weekend during football season just to watch my son and West Lincoln play. I am on active duty orders right now in Washington DC. We will meet up sometime.

North Lincoln has shown steady improvement throughout the season in all phases. The obvious reason for that has been Nick Bazzle's great coaching job. The biggest improvement from early in the season IMO has been the offense. Bazzle's option offense took awhile for his players to learn especially the QB who was not even used to taking snaps from center. He is playing with a lot of confidence now and the offense is more efficient.

Bottom line North Lincoln is one of the teams that has played their way into the 3rd round of the 2AA playoffs and given themselves the opportunity to play the best 2A football program in the state. A big congratulations for that. It will be a huge challenge. Shelby will be and should be a heavy favorite based on being a 4 seed and having played a tougher schedule.

Bazzle will have his team prepared and they won't be intimated. NL has a young team and the experience will certainly benefit them no matter the outcome of the game. But make no mistake about it, they won't just be glad to be there. NL will be coming to Shelby ready to do battle to get to the Western Finals

And to clear the air with NM88; I would come and watch the game Friday night if it weren't for me driving 7 hours home for the weekend in just enough time to make it to my son's basketball game hopefully now that Shelby put us out lol. I made the drive every weekend during football season just to watch my son and West Lincoln play. I am on active duty orders right now in Washington DC. We will meet up sometime.
West17 if I had known this could I have ridden shotgun and saved you some gas money? All you had to do was drop me off in Boger City.

For anyone that was at these games that they lost let’s have a look back on those. Not saying anything to discredit them cause the 2 games that I actually did make they won.

TJ- only losing by a TD to what appears to be the very best 1A team in the state speaks volumes. And it was Bazzle and crews first game. I wasn’t there so what happened?

Alexander Central- a team that looked promising in the 3A ranks and in their conference was humbled greatly by Freedom, Watauaga, and 1st round Erwin. Yet again that first round got em ha ha. But make no mistake this program is on the rise and will give teams fits in the future. North lost big to them but seem to hold it together for the 2nd half. Not sure what happened but if they played again like right now it’d be closer I’m sure.

Bandys- very exciting game from what y’all described. I was at Ft Bragg that wkend or I’d a been there front n center lol. One name got em in that game- Howard. I don’t see them facing a running game like that at Shelby but they will bring more speed to the running game than Bandys did I’m sure. Don’t know the whole story on that game either. Fill in?

I guess I said all that as a year in review of North and all they’ve faced, accomplished and overcome from 2 wins last year to 3rd round/ 1 pt from a conf crown. Could be favorites for that next year as long as Wiliams comes back and JV standouts step in.

Looking fwd to a good game win or lose.
I know during the Watauga game I was at I kept tabs on North frequently. App States Coach’s son is the running back for Watauga and he was a beast out there. I know Watauga has nothing to do with NL(unless North joins that conference in the future) but I observed the size of these players and athletic ability- fellas, they are no bigger, and prob not much faster than North is. And yet they win games against bigger faster teams. North is blessed to have a coach like Bazzle and oughta have this program as soild as Watauga is cause of the energy and smarts their coach continues to bring to the table. If a team like Watauga can burn a team like Parkland, North can and should keep it close with Shelby. Not saying they will or won’t. Just from what I observed Friday. It can happen.

Last edited:
LHSfaninva we could have worked something out. Are you a Lincolnton high graduate?

North Lincoln has shown steady improvement throughout the season in all phases. The obvious reason for that has been Nick Bazzle's great coaching job. The biggest improvement from early in the season IMO has been the offense. Bazzle's option offense took awhile for his players to learn especially the QB who was not even used to taking snaps from center. He is playing with a lot of confidence now and the offense is more efficient.

Bottom line North Lincoln is one of the teams that has played their way into the 3rd round of the 2AA playoffs and given themselves the opportunity to play the best 2A football program in the state. A big congratulations for that. It will be a huge challenge. Shelby will be and should be a heavy favorite based on being a 4 seed and having played a tougher schedule.

Bazzle will have his team prepared and they won't be intimated. NL has a young team and the experience will certainly benefit them no matter the outcome of the game. But make no mistake about it, they won't just be glad to be there. NL will be coming to Shelby ready to do battle to get to the Western Finals

what does intimated mean? sounds inappropriate

Reactions: beamer24
I graduated in 1994 from West Lincoln. We may know each other.

Probably not. West Lincoln was foreign territory for me only to go up there for games and Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Based on locations I was familiar with the East kids having gone to elementary school with half of them and probably would have been zoned for NL if it had existed. I did know several West students in the 1992 class because we all worked at Wal-Mart my junior and senior years.

Gotcha and no I'm not Whitehead Houser lol. I know him. I did not wrestle in school but played football, basketball and baseball at West.

Heck, I'll be on the other side of the state myself, and only got to see the West, Bandys, and East playoff games. I'm usually flipping around different games as much as I can based on my work at the time. I live in the Chatham County area myself, but have the opportunity to get out more than in the past with the economy sending me across the state. No hard feelings at all in any area. Yep, we may bump into each other in the future. Take care and thanks for your service!

Last edited:
Reactions: Burkeforreal
Hoping for a good game tomorrow night. Obviously I’m going with North. I think they will surprise some people. Shelbyfan.. sounds like you do a lot for your team.. I do the same. Love the game and this group of boys.

Reactions: SHS LION
Yes sir theres group of good guys for Shelby on here.
Ive been blessed and try giving what i can to help the program and to just be someone kids might look up too...
You guys have safe trip down and goid luck tomorrow night

Yes sir theres group of good guys for Shelby on here.
Ive been blessed and try giving what i can to help the program and to just be someone kids might look up too...
You guys have safe trip down and goid luck tomorrow night
You do a great job shelbyfan.See you tomorrow.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Tale of the tape:

North Lincoln: 10-3 (6-1)
Shelby: 10-3 (5-0)

Opponents records:
NL: 91-66
Shelby: 95-64

PPG:
NL: 29.7
Shelby: 32.7

PPG Opponents:
NL: 19.5
Shelby: 16.5

Rushing:
NL: 257.8
Shelby: 80.9

Passing:
NL: 51.5
Shelby: 262.0

Total Offense:
NL: 309.3
Shelby: 342.8

Rushing TDs:
NL: 42
Shelby: 18

Passing TDs:
NL: 7
Shelby: 33

FGs:
NL: 4 of 9
Shelby: 5 of 7

PATs:
NL: 43 of 50
Shelby: 56-59

2-pt conversions:
NL: 3
Shelby: 0

Punt return TDs:
NL: 0
Shelby: 2

KO return TDs:
NL: 1
Shelby: 2

Defense:
Sacks:
NL: 35
Shelby: 48

Tackles for loss:
NL: 104
Shelby: 125

INTs:
NL: 18
Shelby: 12

Fumble recoveries:
NL: 19
Shelby: 13

Total turnovers forced:
NL: 37
Shelby: 25

Passes defensed:
NL: 35
Shelby: 31

Blocked FGs:
NL: 3

Blocked PATs:
NL: 0
Shelby: 3

Blocked punts:
NL: 5
Shelby: 5

Safeties:
NL: 1

Int return TDs:
NL: 2
Shelby: 3

Fumble return TDs:
NL: 2
Shelby: 1

Game day is finally here. Friday night will be my son's last game at George Blanton Memorial Stadium, but hopefully not his last as a Golden Lion. I am grateful for the past 3 years watching him and his teammates develop and mature as young men. I thank Coach Ware and his staff for giving him the opportunity to be a state champion. My brother and I envy his ring. My son quit his freshman year but Ware persisted until he got him on the field the following year. He saw his potential and got him to buy in. So tonight is special for our family and I wish NL safe travels and an injury free game and enjoy a liver mush sandwich at the concession stand. They fix them any way you like. To my Golden Lions. "Let's Get It!"

Game day is finally here. Friday night will be my son's last game at George Blanton Memorial Stadium, but hopefully not his last as a Golden Lion. I am grateful for the past 3 years watching him and his teammates develop and mature as young men. I thank Coach Ware and his staff for giving him the opportunity to be a state champion. My brother and I envy his ring. My son quit his freshman year but Ware persisted until he got him on the field the following year. He saw his potential and got him to buy in. So tonight is special for our family and I wish NL safe travels and an injury free game and enjoy a liver mush sandwich at the concession stand. They fix them any way you like. To my Golden Lions. "Let's Get It!"
Awesome post.Good luck to your son.

Not saying it’s gonna happen but that’s why we play the game. It will stump a lot of people if OR when, not if and when, North is the one walking into Lenior next week. I guess I just say that cause Bandys don’t have a chance I don’t care what anybody says. Same guys playing generally the same guys from last year and it was a slaughter in 1st round. Different coach is one of the main differences and it will be closer than last year no question.

And of course a lot of people will say the same bout North that they don’t have a chance either and the Hibriten/Shelby rematch is all but deadlocked. I’m leaning toward that but I do like surprises.

If Ashe is generally like one of the conference teams of Pisgah/ Smokey Mtn area then it’s clear why they got scored on like they did I’m just curious as to how North compares to Ashe besides Spread pass vs run run run.

The game could be anything BUT a lopsided win by North or a definite win by any team and COULD very well be a lopsided win by Shelby like last week. ....so if North wins it will be by 3 or 7 or less. Just my one cent.

Looking back at Ashe in talking to a Hibriten guru Ashes QB and one of their WRs would start for Hibriten over their guys hands down. I’m guessing Shelby just didn’t give the guy time to throw much ha ha.

Other than the last 3 post I made I had a major question, will there be any playback footage of this game? Other than FFN lol

Yep its time to put up or shut up. I see North playing hard. But these Lions on a mission again.
I see Shelby pulling away after half.
Then the rematch is on.. Shelby going to Hibriten for redemption

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT