ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC/NW/Foothills JV Thread

Both teams seemed to struggle on offense. Mount Airy showed signs of a good run game, but penalties abundant. It was the first game of the year,but they will need to clean that up. The younger Mason looked good and ran a kickoff back. Moore kid ran well too finding a way thru traffic. Both teams had some good size boys on the lines. North Surry could have a promising passing game, if they work on it. Seemed to be a little too much toss it up and hope the WR can come up with it. If they give the QB more time and work on their routes, I could see some big plays in the future. North Surry will need to make a better effort to prevent turnovers. Interception and 2 lost fumbles hurt them tonight, but they still had a chance to tie it up even in the last minute. Only saw 1 or 2 cramps, so hopefully both teams will fair well in the department tomorrow. Overall, a decent JV game, but wasn't an impressive game for either team.

Forbush 14, North Forsyth 12

Looks like a real thriller in Winston last night. Past 2 years have been really close between these two, less than a TD both years. NF just can't seal the deal but if they keep this up they probably will next year.

Shows how much Coach Williams has turned NF around, they didn't even have a JV team in the Spring '21 season due to the previous coach allowing the entire sophomore aged lineman class to flunk their classes. Now they are back and seniors.. crazy how time flies.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
MA 14, NS 6

Hands down one of the best JV openers I've ever watched. It was sloppy, rough, and hard hitting but that's how rivalry games should be. I had no internet so I was allowed to sit back and watch it, made it so much more fun.

We've grown a lot in a short time with a lot of new faces. They played hard and never complained. We got a lot of stuff to fix but it's doable to improve on. We started the season way worse last year so I'll take this.

Next week we got South Stokes. First time we played the Sauras in 7 years.

MA 14, NS 6

Hands down one of the best JV openers I've ever watched. It was sloppy, rough, and hard hitting but that's how rivalry games should be. I had no internet so I was allowed to sit back and watch it, made it so much more fun.

We've grown a lot in a short time with a lot of new faces. They played hard and never complained. We got a lot of stuff to fix but it's doable to improve on. We started the season way worse last year so I'll take this.

Next week we got South Stokes. First time we played the Sauras in 7 years.
If they continue to improve and those young guys work hard over the next couple years, North Surry could have a very good varsity team in couple years.

If they continue to improve and those young guys work hard over the next couple years, North Surry could have a very good varsity team in couple years.
I agree. Although I think we might want to remember that there are five horses playing varsity that weren't on that JV team that will be there when it comes 2 years from now. I'm speaking of Mount airy of course. I went to that game since we didn't have one. Doesn't seem like anybody was very physical at the beginning but it got better. Best player on the field hands down was the younger Mason kid. And the number seven for Mount Airy. They were pretty good defensively and it didn't seem like they knew what they were doing.

I agree. Although I think we might want to remember that there are five horses playing varsity that weren't on that JV team that will be there when it comes 2 years from now. I'm speaking of Mount airy of course. I went to that game since we didn't have one. Doesn't seem like anybody was very physical at the beginning but it got better. Best player on the field hands down was the younger Mason kid. And the number seven for Mount Airy. They were pretty good defensively and it didn't seem like they knew what they were doing.
5 stallions on North's varsity that weren't on the JVs last night that will be there in two years as well.

I wasn't speaking to the North Surry-Mount Airy varsity game in two years or who was missing from this game. I was simply commenting that North Surry has reason to be optimistic. They have had a few hard years and the new coaches and these young guys seem to be on the right track. One thing I did like on both sides was some of the varsity guys on the sidelines providing some leadership and encouragement. There two instances in particular on the Mount Airy side where a JV guy came off the field frustrated or upset at a mistake, and the varsity guys went over gave them a pat on the back and seemed to be giving some advice. After the game, I saw one of the North Surry varsity guys providing encouragement to the JV, as he should. They played hard and to the end. It speaks well of both teams and the coaches. They are teaching more than just football which is good for the community in general as both these schools are what, 5 mile apart.

Also, I was bit surprised by the attendance at the game. There were more people than I would have expected for a JV game, but I can't say I have attended many JV games in the area

Also, I was bit surprised by the attendance at the game. There were more people than I would have expected for a JV game, but I can't say I have attended many JV games in the area
That was actually a slim crowd. It will get better as North continues to improve

North Surry/South Stokes never got to start.. drove all the way to North Stokes and the sky broke and storm went crazy 🤦‍♂️ never experienced anything like that.

We may make it up, may not. Not sure.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Elkin 11, West Wilkes 8

Yes you heard that right, an 11-8 final. Elkin won with a literal last second field goal from about 20 yards out to avoid an 8-8 OT for the HUGE win for that program. West has been one of the big guys who pushed people around the past few years and Elkin was one of them. Way to go Elks!

They've came a long way since when I seen them on our scrimmage day.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Randleman 30, West Stokes 0

Game was called early after halftime due to the storms of last night, Randleman counted it as a W on Max Preps though.

No reports from Ashe/N Wilkes, Carver/Lexington, and N Forsyth/MT Tabor.

Walkertown/Salisbury was delayed due to the weather.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT