ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy's Coach Gentry poses good question to the NCHSAA Board

Who funds the school? The tax payer.

Besides the feds and NC, what is the other revenue stream? Winston Salem/Forsyth County.

This is a traditional school.

WSP pulls from around 11 Thousand kids in there county, so just let them play up to 4a. That would be fair, Schools like Avery Mitchell and other county schools do not have that many students in there County to pull from 400 to 500 at most, so that gives WSP an unfair advantage with all those kids in that County that feel like it is easer to win a state championship by going to a school that is allowed to play in 1A. Otherwise stacking the deck. I will say this any school that is allowed to pull from that many students in there area which is over 4A limits ( The Whole County) of 1400 students should be made to play in 4A

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
WSP pulls from around 11 Thousand kids in there county, so just let them play up to 4a. That would be fair, Schools like Avery Mitchell and other county schools do not have that many students in there County to pull from 400 to 500 at most, so that gives WSP an unfair advantage with all those kids in that County that feel like it is easer to win a state championship by going to a school that is allowed to play in 1A. Otherwise stacking the deck. I will say this any school that is allowed to pull from that many students in there area which is over 4A limits ( The Whole County) of 1400 students should be made to play in 4A

Totally agree with your thoughts. While many wimper about Bishop McGuinness, most totally ignore WSP. My guess is anti-Catholic sentiment. The Rowan 6 looked like absolute fools when they tried to oust the parochial schools.

Totally agree with your thoughts. While many wimper about Bishop McGuinness, most totally ignore WSP. My guess is anti-Catholic sentiment. The Rowan 6 looked like absolute fools when they tried to oust the parochial schools.

That was mostly because their county boundaries have had a tendency to disappear at times.

The big difference for WSP and the other schools in the county is WSP does not have a home district that funnels students in while the other schools do.

WSP, along with Forysth County, is the biggest issue in the NCHSAA currently. Take care of open enrollment counties / schools with some type of guidelines. The next problem is charter schools but I think that is a much tougher problem to figure out.

The big difference for WSP and the other schools in the county is WSP does not have a home district that funnels students in while the other schools do.

WSP, along with Forysth County, is the biggest issue in the NCHSAA currently. Take care of open enrollment counties / schools with some type of guidelines. The next problem is charter schools but I think that is a much tougher problem to figure out.

I don't believe the charter schools will be an issue with football.

My solution for football is to stop subdividing 1A with the next realignment. Only 1 team should be crowned a champ out of a pool of 76 teams. The small schools will whine but we can't be handing out trophies for all schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT