ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ South Pitt

Good thing I went to high school in Western NC and understand how tough the SMC is.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I was saying I heard from some Murphy players they we’re scared of South Pitt and the speed. Yeah South pitt is a great team and we are 6-26 when playing them. Copper Basin isn’t scared to play Murphy like commander said maybe that Grabowski man is. If Murphy played South pitt as much as basin has they might have 11 wins all time. I know Copper Basin isn’t the best currently and even historically but the competition level is much higher historically in 1A TN also Murphy has 476 students enrolled and that doesn’t count the large number of kids going to tri county early college while south pitt a bigger 1A and has 382 while Basin has 336 counting 7-8th grade
One of the stupidest posts in Preps history.

One of the stupidest posts in Preps history.
How? In 30 meetings I said Murphy probably beats pitt 11. Basin isn’t the best historically but has Murphy ever offered to play before grabowski? I have never stated Basin is great or even good but I still support my team and state. Along with that in 1A Tennessee throughout time it isn’t like South Pitt is the best. 1A has had now private teams, Union City, Trousdale, and now has Peabody and McKenzie in the west.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
I would argue that there were a few of the SMC state championship teams that had plenty of speed. 86, 87 and 91 Murphy teams are the first ones that come to mind.

How? In 30 meetings I said Murphy probably beats pitt 11. Basin isn’t the best historically but has Murphy ever offered to play before grabowski? I have never stated Basin is great or even good but I still support my team and state. Along with that in 1A
Now remember I went to high school in NC. My son went to Cloudland and my Wife. I know a lot about the 1a football in NC and TN. It’s easy for me not to fandom get in the way.
Well makes sense. How’s Cloudland looking?

No great this year. Lost a lot from year. Should win the conference though.
Hey got question for you? If you live in carter county which school would you send your son if he was lineman Hampton or elizabethton?

Hey got question for you? If you live in carter county which school would you send your son if he was lineman Hampton or elizabethton?
Where do you live in Carter Co.If you don’t live in Elizabethton city limit you have to pay a tuition. Elizabethton plays a lot better competition. The most important thing you could is start sending you son to Witten Huddle. Ryan does a good job training. My son loved going.

Where do you live in Carter Co.If you don’t live in Elizabethton city limit you have to pay a tuition. Elizabethton plays a lot better competition. The most important thing you could is start sending you son to Witten Huddle. Ryan does a good job training. My son loved going.
My other half is in elizabethton city schools. We live in Hampton district. He can go ether school. Which one would you send him. We are thinking Hampton, does Hampton have wrestling?

My other half is in elizabethton city schools. We live in Hampton district. He can go ether school. Which one would you send him. We are thinking Hampton, does Hampton have wrestling?
No Hampton doesn’t have wrestling but Elizabethton does. Hampton has a very easy conference you will always get to go to the playoffs. If you could go to either I would pick Elizabethton.

Murphy showing some grit, this is a big win, South a top program in TN
Not this year. The West is loaded this year in 1a with several good teams in TN. The top six in the AP poll are all West teams. SP will have a good chance to be the team from the East though .

Not this year. The West is loaded this year in 1a with several good teams in TN. The top six in the AP poll are all West teams. SP will have a good chance to be the team from the East though .
They're always in the mix come playoff time my buddy I share an office with graduated in 83 from Cloudland he says South Is one of the top programs I believe him lol they'll be in the mix come playoff time

They're always in the mix come playoff time my buddy I share an office with graduated in 83 from Cloudland he says South Is one of the top programs I believe him lol they'll be in the mix come playoff time
Never said they weren’t lol. The champion will come from the West this year.

I always cringe when people want to say teams from the West only play smashmouth football. I remember after we played Gilmer in 91 one of the player's parents told my dad we were the fastest team they had ever seen.
Well a 4.23 40 time , isn't shabby for a white country boy, or 10.4 100, and a 21.1 200 time

Reactions: Uncgrad1998
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT