ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs Northampton (The Trilogy!)

THSRudeBoyz

Jun 12, 2019
For the 3rd time in the playoff Tarboro will face off against Northampton! This NH team is faster than the previous years. The defense is very questionable but I do know that NH coaching staff will have these boys ready to play! With all that said the Vikings will definitely come in prepared & ready! Getting players back healthy & Craddock will have our young men ready to battle! Tarboro by 21!

Northampton has come in ready with pretty good game plans the last two years. With that said, I don’t think they have the defense this year. I actually like getting them in the second round though. It’s a better game for us early. Northhampton had to forfeit two games early on that they actually won, so on the field they are really 8-2. I love getting a team of this caliber early. Gives us a chance to get pushed early which I feel will benefit us in the long run.

For the 3rd time in the playoff Tarboro will face off against Northampton! This NH team is faster than the previous years. The defense is very questionable but I do know that NH coaching staff will have these boys ready to play! With all that said the Vikings will definitely come in prepared & ready! Getting players back healthy & Craddock will have our young men ready to battle! Tarboro by 21!
I’m normally not one to bag on another team, but Northampton isn’t as good as last year and Tarboro is better. Last year’s game was a 25 point Tarboro win. I’ll be surprised if it’s not a running clock, honestly.

I’m normally not one to bag on another team, but Northampton isn’t as good as last year and Tarboro is better. Last year’s game was a 25 point Tarboro win. I’ll be surprised if it’s not a running clock, honestly.
Northampton does have a good QB who is fast. Other than that I don't see them keeping up with or stopping Tarboro.

Last edited:
I went to the Hobbton/Northampton game Friday. If Hobbton could play decent defense they would be scary. Their offense is very good. Their defense isnt. Having said that Hobbton could have just as easily won that game. Northampton was sloppy...lots of fumbles, missed assignments, line did not block well at times...they were obviously much better athletically than Hobbton, with the exception of #1 and #8 for Hobbton...Northampton will have to have a much better focus, much better oline play, and much better d-line play if they want to stay close to THS. Unless we come out and sleep walk through, we should have a running clock in the 3rd quarter. They will play us tight for half a quarter, then THS should be able to take control...

If THS can stop the designed QB runs and counter plays they like to run, then a shut could be in the works. QB is fast, their fullback is a big dude, and their wings are kind of speedy, but their oline doesnt always block well, and the backs will drop the ball. They didnt throw much Friday, but when they did, it look nice...I just dont think they will move the ball much against us. They were not as impressive as Bertie, Hertford, or Martin County, and didnt seem to have much balance on offense.

What’s the deal with moving games to Thursday nights this year?
I was wondering the same thing. We've even played on Wednesday once this year. You lose fans by moving the games to Thursday night.

And 1998. We 3-0 all time against East Duplin I can understand why he hates us
I always enjoy keeping up with those Dublin County teams. WRH football has a crazy full trophy case. East Duplin to them is like SWE is to us. Good team during the regular season but they always find a way choke in the playoffs. Good they finally got that monkey off their back, but they have a lot of years to go before they will catch up with little big bro!

Last edited:
I was going to start a “Pick your eight Eastern teams” thread but decided I was too lazy…
Outside of Tarboro, West Columbus and maybe North Moore (just because they beat Cummings who somebody made a thread about over on 2A) I honestly don’t know who the other five might be?
Enlighten me gentlemen please.
SMC/Mt Airy, while probably decent human beings, tend to go around in circles with their posts.
But I do read them so guess I’m buying into it…😂

• Haha
Reactions: Swain97
I was going to start a “Pick your eight Eastern teams” thread but decided I was too lazy…
Outside of Tarboro, West Columbus and maybe North Moore (just because they beat Cummings who somebody made a thread about over on 2A) I honestly don’t know who the other five might be?
Enlighten me gentlemen please.
SMC/Mt Airy, while probably decent human beings, tend to go around in circles with their posts.
But I do read them so guess I’m buying into it…😂
Not knowing anything about the teams over here is just as good as not knowing about them. What I mean by that is you can blindly pick any team you want. Non of them have a remote chance of representing the east other than Tarboro. The worst team is equal to the second best team.

Last edited:
Not knowing anything about the teams over here is just as good as knitting about them. What I mean by that is you can blindly pick any team you want. Non of them have a remote chance of representing the east other than Tarboro. The worst team is equal to the second best team.
Well I know that but play along…
Occasionally I dive into one of these fine fan’s threads and interject either something profound or basically just asinine (I never know until I get to typing)
Hopefully someone else will provide at least some fodder for discussion?
But thank you for contributing…

Really somebody needs to help me invent that sarcasm font…

Well I know that but play along…
Occasionally I dive into one of these fine fan’s threads and interject either something profound or basically just asinine (I never know until I get to typing)
Hopefully someone else will provide at least some fodder for discussion?
But thank you for contributing…

Really somebody needs to help me invent that sarcasm font…
🤷🏾‍♂️
And for the sake of not sounding like an idiot, I meant *not knowing*. Not knitting.

Hopefully the depth is well managed tonight as it has been all year. We do not need any incidents like Train had last year, losing him hurt big time, especially in the championship game. I know it wasn't the coaches fault, definitely not saying that, but avoid it if possible. Praying that all players on both teams stay healthy and injury free throughout tonight's game. Go Vikings! 49-6

Typically with our championship teams we kick it into another gear during the playoffs, I didn’t feel that happened last year. I’m interested if we’ll see the Vikings turn it up a notch tonight
I felt the same as you do. I noticed the intensity in this team changed in the second half against SWE. They came out angry and motivated and they have been playing that way since for the most part.

What time is game? No place yet for scores. Holler at us.
Oops somebody did as I was typing…
NM
😂

Kameron McDowell-Moore had some really strong carries on that first drive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT