ADVERTISEMENT

Whiteville V East Columbus

loveboat500

Jun 11, 2014
The Pack has to shake off the close loss to county rival West Columbus and face the East version of Columbus this Friday, at home. I could see the adjustments we made at the half to try and control the passing and scrambling of WC QB #3, great job recoginizing our front four or 3 in some cases just couldn't catch him. Would like to see #8 used on D in an exclusive role, he got to #3 several times with hurries and a sack or maybe 2. #8 could be a an all conference LB or DE if his time is increased on the D side of the ball. His interception should have determined the game but WC had other ideas with the block, scoop and score on the FG attempt by Whiteville, what a monumental play.

Don't know much about E Columbus, but they seem to have problems keeping a coach I know they won against S Columubus last week, a feat that team had NEVER done so they must have something down there. As usual no prediction but just keep chopping wood and let's go Pack!

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
I didn't see the game last week, but it sounds like the Pack needs to get back to the basics. Blocking, Tackling, Special Teams and tougher defense. I would love to use the tight end more in the passing game. That might open up the offence more. No cupcakes left. If the Pack wins out, they will have to earn it, because nobody is going to lay down for them.

No let down after the tough loss to WC last week. Coaches for Whiteville had the Pack more than ready to get the bad taste our of their mouth. Whiteville wins 71-0, numerous TD's in the air and on the ground offense and defense were on another level. EC went for it several times on 4th down sometimes deep in their own territory, Pack converted into TDs almost every time. Hope to see more of the same next week at Pender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT