ADVERTISEMENT

More at Thomasville

OldDawgFan

Sep 20, 2013
So I see in the paper 3 or 4 football players and wrestlers who were arrested for several break ins and armed robbery. Then I hear these same players are still on the wrestling team and I am sure the football team when it rolls around. Standards sure have changed. SMH

Not sure if you read the Times article, or the earlier one from the Dispatch. The wrestlers were suspended from the team for the remainder of the season. Sometimes these decisions take a little time to sort out all the legalities. You may recall a similar situation with the Lexington football team a few years ago. The quarterback remained on the team and led Lexington to a playoff victory over Thomasville, their first win over the 'Dogs in twenty years.

Whether the two who would normally play football next year actually play is a decision that would come much later, after everything has been adjudicated. The football coach had no say in this week's determination, as he shouldn't.

Just saw this from the Tville Times:

"It was initially rumored that the charged wrestlers would be allowed to participate in the first and second rounds of the 2-A state dual team tournament held Tuesday. Word came down just hours before the match that they had been suspended from competing for the remainder of the season in a decision announced by Thomasville City Schools Superintendent Dr. Maria Pitre-Martin."

However, according to some very reliable sources I cannot mention on here, The principle and coach were going to let them remain on the team. This late announcement obviously came from the new superintendent. Kudos for her stance!
This post was edited on 2/7 4:13 PM by OldDawgFan

If this happened at Albemarle they would try and close the school down. Wait a minute that's what some are trying to do now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT