ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Mtn Heritage

Not entirely true Old Mountaineer...Only one kid left FHS last year and went to Draughn....The Lineman, Becerra. I've been to almost every Freedom home game for the last 10 years. The last couple I've been paying attention to this Draughn team a little more and catching them when Freedom is away. Coach Powell is a Burke County guy and love to see success from former products.

Others who have left FHS have been there for multiple years. Last year Draughn was heavy Juniors and Sophomores with several season ending injuries early from what I recall.
#6 Cummingham for Draughn played for Freedom 2 years ago according to MaxPreps, appears he didn't play football last year at Draughn.

#6 Cummingham for Draughn played for Freedom 2 years ago according to MaxPreps, appears he didn't play football last year at Draughn.

Not sure about playing, but he was at Draughn last year. Saw him during basketball season and know he was there the whole year. Could have been he didn't see the field due to Dula but with him missing the early part of the season, he got to show case his talents.

I know a parent over there that I can reach out to...I'll find out how many for sure

The Albemarle game we were down at half by 6 drove the ball inside there 20 start of 3rd with our starting rb out due to concussion protocol and our back up rb was stripped and returned for a score. So instead of us potentially taking the lead we were down 2 scores and lost around 4 starters shortly after that for a variety of reasons and the wheels fell off. Everyone in our conference can beat them including us. We just laid an egg. You would have to be there to see it in person to understand but that’s when the season was over for me. You pretend to know what you are talking about but you simply do not. I’m not even sure you are really a Heritage fan. Seems to me you came out of the woodwork with a fake name to troll me but that’s fine. I’m gonna do myself and all of you haters a favor and log out for the last time today. I hope y’all enjoy your WHC conversations amongst your own posters alone. Maybe that will be fulfilling. I really don’t need this anymore. In real life some of you are pretty good guys. I know Mountie for instance, he is a good guy in person but most of y’all are just absolute jerks on here. Just not worth it anymore. Owen98/Stampede out!

The Albemarle game we were down at half by 6 drove the ball inside there 20 start of 3rd with our starting rb out due to concussion protocol and our back up rb was stripped and returned for a score. So instead of us potentially taking the lead we were down 2 scores and lost around 4 starters shortly after that for a variety of reasons and the wheels fell off. Everyone in our conference can beat them including us. We just laid an egg. You would have to be there to see it in person to understand but that’s when the season was over for me. You pretend to know what you are talking about but you simply do not. I’m not even sure you are really a Heritage fan. Seems to me you came out of the woodwork with a fake name to troll me but that’s fine. I’m gonna do myself and all of you haters a favor and log out for the last time today. I hope y’all enjoy your WHC conversations amongst your own posters alone. Maybe that will be fulfilling. I really don’t need this anymore. In real life some of you are pretty good guys. I know Mountie for instance, he is a good guy in person but most of y’all are just absolute jerks on here. Just not worth it anymore. Owen98/Stampede out!
Can tell that Owen fans also make excuses. No way a decent team would be handed a running clock in that game.

Not entirely true Old Mountaineer...Only one kid left FHS last year and went to Draughn....The Lineman, Becerra. I've been to almost every Freedom home game for the last 10 years. The last couple I've been paying attention to this Draughn team a little more and catching them when Freedom is away. Coach Powell is a Burke County guy and love to see success from former products.

Others who have left FHS have been there for multiple years. Last year Draughn was heavy Juniors and Sophomores with several season ending injuries early from what I recall.
Well that's why I bring something like it up on here to see if anyone has more information. So appreciate the input.

Out behind the woodshed?

Can tell that Owen fans also make excuses. No way a decent team would be handed a running clock in that game.
Why you keep talking about owen? Chase put running clock on heritage and cougars gave mitchell a battle.

Sam if you are a true Heritage fan start a thread and quit riding Mitchell's coattail and kissing Owen's Ass lol
Not much you can say about heritage. Everything owen 98 says he is always getting crap from mit guys , owen sucks that's all they say. Some people on here need to grow up.

Sam if you are a true Heritage fan start a thread and quit riding Mitchell's coattail and kissing Owen's Ass lol
riding mit coattails you guys are not that good this year. Your defense sucks ! Watch film of the Draughn game they killed your defense .

Not much you can say about heritage. Everything owen 98 says he is always getting crap from mit guys , owen sucks that's all they say. Some people on here need to grow up.
Owen
Funny how you and a Owen guy became friends just like me and a Heritage guy are lol small world dont take it so personal

Reactions: Sammci and 97Cougar
Why you keep talking about owen? Chase put running clock on heritage and cougars gave mitchell a battle.
Chase is undefeated and is 2A. Albemarle is 2-6 and 1A. Chase would destroy Albemarle so no comparison. Owen98 ran his mouth off about Mitchell losing to 3 very good teams and made fun of their fans for excuses. Brought up Albemarle taking Owen to the woodshed and he started making excuses just like he accused Mitchell fans. Mitchell is a good team and though the Cougs gave a good battle just did not have the juice.

Owen

Funny how you and a Owen guy became friends just like me and a Heritage guy are lol small world dont take it so personal
Watching UNC and Dook and just thought I wonder why Heritage and Mitchell have never done anything like the victory bell. Where if they win they take it for the year and paint it their school colors. Would have been a great thing for them to do.

That's cause he posts on a Mitchell forum because Owen at the time is dead tell him to post his ceap on Tarboros forum see what he gets nobody wants to hear crap from a losing program

Learned something tonight I didn't know about Draughn. I just figured that they got older and better though a big leap from last year but found out tonight that one thing that really helped was 7 transfers from Freedom.

7 freedom transfers????? Since last year 1. You are correct that they have kids that should have been at freedom but they all left their respective middle school teams and went to draughn as freshman.

Not sure about playing, but he was at Draughn last year. Saw him during basketball season and know he was there the whole year. Could have been he didn't see the field due to Dula but with him missing the early part of the season, he got to show case his talents.

I know a parent over there that I can reach out to...I'll find out how many for sure

Tillery , Pinkertons, Dula , Hines all came to draughn as Freshmen. Cunningham came as a sophomore and becerra came as a jr. Not sure where these rumors come that they all came over summer. Almost all started as freshman. At draughn except 2.

Tillery , Pinkertons, Dula , Hines all came to draughn as Freshmen. Cunningham came as a sophomore and becerra came as a jr. Not sure where these rumors come that they all came over summer. Almost all started as freshman. At draughn except 2.
Well like I said before that why I meation something someone tells me on here figuring someone knows if something is just a rumor or not. Probably shouldn't have phrased it as "learned" instead just say was "told".
Plus at least for myself anytime I mention a transfer isn't meant as a negative Mitchell has one this year that's been a big help. The nchsaa has strict rules about transfers and fines for school that don't abide by them so until the state says themselves a transfer isn't on the up & up I assume it is.

Well like I said before that why I meation something someone tells me on here figuring someone knows if something is just a rumor or not. Probably shouldn't have phrased it as "learned" instead just say was "told".
Plus at least for myself anytime I mention a transfer isn't meant as a negative Mitchell has one this year that's been a big help. The nchsaa has strict rules about transfers and fines for school that don't abide by them so until the state says themselves a transfer isn't on the up & up I assume it is.

Definitely…. Looking at stats on max preps it’s pretty safe to say Tillery probably POY for conference since he’s #2 in state in passing yards and TDs right now with only 3 INTS on year

Last edited:
The parent I spoke to said the same thing as Swatz19...Apparently there have been a lot of issues at Freedom over the past several years, and parents want their kids out of there (Saw it posted on Facebook where Freedom canceled the rest of their JV season and parents and kids found out through social media). Hard to believe East Burke and Draughn are the only two that still have a JV team this year and Freedom is the biggest school in county.

I understand where you were coming from Old Mountaineer. From what I hear about Coach Powell, he's hard and tough, but by the book. The parent I spoke with said he killed them in the weight room this offseason and the kids apparently love him and play hard for him. Most of those seniors have been starting since sophomores too.

The parent I spoke to said the same thing as Swatz19...Apparently there have been a lot of issues at Freedom over the past several years, and parents want their kids out of there (Saw it posted on Facebook where Freedom canceled the rest of their JV season and parents and kids found out through social media). Hard to believe East Burke and Draughn are the only two that still have a JV team this year and Freedom is the biggest school in county.

I understand where you were coming from Old Mountaineer. From what I hear about Coach Powell, he's hard and tough, but by the book. The parent I spoke with said he killed them in the weight room this offseason and the kids apparently love him and play hard for him. Most of those seniors have been starting since sophomores too.

Your spot on…. When you have the opportunity to start your RB and QB as freshman then have buy in from the older crowd it makes for a great program. Last year Mitchell and mount heritage both beat draughn pretty easily. That motivated those kids to buy into the weight room and get better. The craziest part of all of this is that most of the offensive side will return next year so teams need to prepare to stop the pass or get better at blitzing to neutralize Draughn’s passing game.

Reactions: Bill28714
Draughn is pretty much a charter school built with tax dollars Burke County couldn't compete in 3 or 4 a so they built a school for the rich and drafted all the talent from the other 3 high schools in their county and they are so cocky and full of themselves they wont see the 3rd round lmao lol

Reactions: 97Cougar
Draughn is pretty much a charter school built with tax dollars Burke County couldn't compete in 3 or 4 a so they built a school for the rich and drafted all the talent from the other 3 high schools in their county and they are so cocky and full of themselves they wont see the 3rd round lmao lol
Zero administration or accountability at that school. Just my opinion. That admin couldn’t run a lemonade stand!

Is it safe to assume your team was beat by them at some point which caused this tension?

Couldn’t compete in 3A or 4A but they have and enrollment less than 650 kids. The school has been around for 15 years so I think your off base with reality. In the last 365 days conference champs : boys basketball, women’s volleyball, and after next week football. I think the program is headed in the right direction. As a competitor you need to develop talent and have a goal each week to go out there and compete against the best. There is a lot of talent across the conference so let’s appreciate the good games and matchups and enjoy this because nothing last forever.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT