ADVERTISEMENT

Carver Football!!!

jellowjackets4life2004

Aug 29, 2023
Listen I know alot of people are probably saying I'm getting on their nerves about Carver but this can't get any worse I hope. After a disappointing 32-8 drubbing last week to Christ the King, the Carver Yellow Jackets are turning around to face Bishop McGuinness this week at home. I have a lot of concerns about this game. The first concern is have the kids given up on the season and the second major concern is have they giving up on this HORRIBLE COACHES STAFF. I know Bishop has gotten better but the Yellow Jackets of Carver are still the bottom feeders this year. Their offense finally found the End Zone last week against CTK. This game will determine if they will even get a glimpse of playoff hope. After this game their going down Murders Row. Bishop this week, Community School of Davidson 9-29, Covian Community 10-6, Pine Lake Prep 10-13 and then Mountain Island Charter on 10/20 before they end the season with Winston Salem Prep who has more wins then us already smh. When I say this I mean it with my WHOLE HEART. IF THEY DON'T WIN THIS WEEK, THE WHOLE STAFF SHOULD BE FIRED!!!!!!!

Reactions: sbbbfan
I don't think it's a coaching staff issue. The issue runs way deeper and until the community recognizes it and holds the ones accountable that are responsible, then it will never get better.

Last edited:
Sorry, but not a coaching issue. Carver is bleeding talent to other schools in 7th and 8th grade. Today's student-athletes are now athletic-students. They go where there are wins. Work on fixing your district's horrible open-door policy that's allowing students to go wherever. Until then, you'll be firing your coaching staff every year because Carver is stuck in a black hole of losing for the foreseeable future

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I don't think it's a coaching staff issue. The issue runs way deeper and until the community recognizes it and holds the ones accountable that are responsible, then it will never get better.
I'm not gonna say that because I watched those kids last year under Griffin and they respected him and they were in position to win as freshman. This new coach has the same kids from last year and its a totally different vibe on the sidelines and they don't respect him at all. I understand we talk about the county policies, but we can't change that fact but we can change the fact of who you have and who kids want to play for.

I really feel for you all; Carver's a storied program (mean that legitly,) and one I always respected. The fact we got to the level to compete fully vs CHS in the WPAC days meant a lot for the improvement of our program on the whole. Carver not being a winning program at least to the over .500 level is a disgrace to all the piedmont area.
Sadly it's more than one thing it's a combo of factors. Sportsnut's 100% correct about Forsyth not helping them like they should.. Walkertown shoulda never been opened it wasn't needed.

It's been 10 years of bad HC picks from Crowell to the new dude, Griffin was the one good hire they made and they poisoned it before his work could come to fruition. That is awfully hard to overcome. Crowell may have won 3 conference titles but that was using Palmer's work and kids.. when it came time to use the jV's and focus on the future he was not only incompetent at it he didn't really care. It was all about his son and no one else. By 16 there was barely a program and then he wasted all that $ on the scoreboard. Scales who followed him shoulda never been hired he was just plain wacky and allowed guys who shoulda never coached on the sideline. New guy is heading that direction again sadly. If they go 0-10 I don't see him making it.

They just need to cut the losses once November hits and hire an experienced HC who isn't afraid to roll his sleeves up and focus on the culture. Until that's fixed and the higher up's quit screwing things up no one will want to go there. Worst thing they allowed to happen was to give Griffin the chance to go to the papers because it made them look stupid all over, no overcoming that until they fix it.

Listen I know alot of people are probably saying I'm getting on their nerves about Carver but this can't get any worse I hope. After a disappointing 32-8 drubbing last week to Christ the King, the Carver Yellow Jackets are turning around to face Bishop McGuinness this week at home. I have a lot of concerns about this game. The first concern is have the kids given up on the season and the second major concern is have they giving up on this HORRIBLE COACHES STAFF. I know Bishop has gotten better but the Yellow Jackets of Carver are still the bottom feeders this year. Their offense finally found the End Zone last week against CTK. This game will determine if they will even get a glimpse of playoff hope. After this game their going down Murders Row. Bishop this week, Community School of Davidson 9-29, Covian Community 10-6, Pine Lake Prep 10-13 and then Mountain Island Charter on 10/20 before they end the season with Winston Salem Prep who has more wins then us already smh. When I say this I mean it with my WHOLE HEART. IF THEY DON'T WIN THIS WEEK, THE WHOLE STAFF SHOULD BE FIRED!!!!!!!

Never heard murders row and MIC, CSOD. pLP, Covian and WSP mentioned in the same sentence

To add on. For an experienced HC to want to job it has to be an attractive job and to be attractive it must have admin and district support. Until that changes, Carver will fall victim like so many other programs.
WSFCS schools are not getting any out of county experienced coaches. First thing it’s only a 3 1/2 month supplement. Second for a large system it doesn’t pay that well for head football coach. Usually you will see jobs filled with Assistant coaches. Out of the 4 openings this past season only one was filled with an experienced head coach. Other 3 were assistants.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
All our athletes are at East Forsyth, with some sprinkled around Mount Tabor, Glenn, and Walkertown. It sucks but at the end of day, when we were good, were really good and won 2 3A state titles. They might eventually come around but nobody taking football serious in that district right now.

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT