ADVERTISEMENT

Carver is 0-5

jellowjackets4life2004

Aug 29, 2023
I have so much to say but I'm just gonna say this: The Yellow Jackets travel to Community School of Davidson this week and their getting ready to get taken to the wood shed. After the performance I saw last Friday against Bishop McGuinness, it's sad that the offense can't score in 1A. This offensive coordinator needs to go back to Atkins or wherever because his play calling is the worst. We've only scored 2 offensive touchdowns in 5 games. Needless to say we probably won't score at all this week. My prediction for this weeks game is 52-0. They're so excited about HOMECOMING but when your team is 0-6 going into homecoming people are only coming back to see old classmates and can care two craps about the durn game. I digress but 3545 SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ASAP or the ALUMNI ARE GONNA REAL BE PULLING THE PLUG!!!!!!

Reactions: sbbbfan
There are always two sides to every story, I get that...but if this article is any insight as to how this admin operates and treats their coaches...any sane person would stay far away from that school. Sorry - just stating facts. If your admin isn't supportive - huge red flag.

No I concur with your statement and I was one of those who didn't want Griffin to leave Carver. He was starting 14 freshman last year and they still made the playoffs with them. Those same kids are there now and you can tell that Leon hasn't gained those kids trust nor respect.

Watched the game on NFHS best I could considering the lens issues.. imo Carver lost it more than Bishop won it. Agree 100% with what you said, that playcalling was just plain wacky. He always did that at Atkins when we played them. They would get momentum on us for a play or two then he'd do something silly and we'd shut it down. They never managed consistency there well, looks like not much has changed.

Admin's getting what they wanted now. Either they are trying to sabotage things to improve them secretly, or they are just inept at athletics and it's showing now. Regardless not good.

If what Griffin said in the article was true he painted a picture that the administration at Carver wasn't great at their job. Someone inside the program has let me know that if Carver would've won their first two games against North Moore & Lexington they would've had to forfeit because of an ineligible player. This same player also played in at least one of Carver's jv wins this season. Carver has tried to sweep this under the rug and haven't reported it since they lost those games.

If what Griffin said in the article was true he painted a picture that the administration at Carver wasn't great at their job. Someone inside the program has let me know that if Carver would've won their first two games against North Moore & Lexington they would've had to forfeit because of an ineligible player. This same player also played in at least one of Carver's jv wins this season. Carver has tried to sweep this under the rug and haven't reported it since they lost those games.
See this is the type of stuff that cause people not to want to coach or play at Carver. The ADMIN knows this stuff and doesn't do anything about it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Slasher Killer
The sad part is that this isn't the first time in the past 10 years it's happened there either. But this doesn't sunrise me at all though, as this HC was part of McKoy's crew at Walkertown, and that dude's been caught multiple times doing it and other stuff.

They had a good JV team in 2015 when Crowell was there and they beat us and West Stokes to win the JV title that year. They ended up having to forfeit every conference win they had as they had a illegal kid playing. That really angered those players and all the good ones transferred out the next year to the 4A schools. Blew our minds but that was the start of his decline and the program's been a mess ever since then.

Until they get someone (HC wise,) involved who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do things the right way all across the board it won't get any better. They had one and he was eliminated for it. Sad part is that until the top people are gone too, it won't do any better. But that'll come down to how far the school board folks will be comfy with Carver being the bottom school or not.. I'm not optimistic sadly. Like several folks have said on here, they've failed Carver multiple times the past 13 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT