ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Mtn Heritage

Well looking at Freedoms roster they jumped like 15 players from last year so that may just be some excuse some Highlander come up with

• Haha
Reactions: 97Cougar
MH is having a rebuilding season. This year we have trouble moving the ball. Not a good team but play hard. Mitchell will be fine and would ignore the negative chatter from those seeking attention. Best of luck during the playoffs.
Second half looked much better especially the D looked like a different D than in the first half kinda reminded me of the McDowell game. Biggest issue was just a few questionable play calling that I just didn't understand that bit them in the butt.

Last edited:
MH is having a rebuilding season. This year we have trouble moving the ball. Not a good team but play hard. Mitchell will be fine and would ignore the negative chatter from those seeking attention. Best of luck during the playoffs.
That last score was classless Joey wouldn't have done it I'm a Mitchell guy but that was bs, could have took a knee

Well like Bill2814 I guess I'm one during the game being negative. So I want to say the coaches did make good adjustments during halftime on D and the boys really played the second real good intensity and #15 had a real good game on D and got fired up and I believe he was a big part of getting everyone else fired up.

I wouldn't count Mitchell out yet in the 1A playoffs. I still think they can make a run. If they bring their A game only a few teams can beat them
Honestly mitchell defense is really bad. Any good team with good offense will eat them up.

Reactions: Purple1995
Smc will beat em

Probably but Robbinsville is beatable. Murphy is tough but inconsistent. Andrews is the scary SMC team this year.

I would rank the 1A West-

1. Andrews
2. Mount Airy
3. Draughn
4. Eastern Randolph
5. Murphy
6. Mitchell

But football is all about matchups. If Mitchell can play a physical grinding run game they can wear down teams up front. They have the talent and size to do so. More than most 1A teams. The defense could be the achilles heel.

Green team put up a good fight in the first half. They ain’t a bad team and that’s about the score I expected. Mitchell’s defense woke up after halftime. During the first half it was abysmal. Turbyfill looks close to normal finally. Maybe they will use him on defense in the playoffs.

Green team put up a good fight in the first half. They ain’t a bad team and that’s about the score I expected. Mitchell’s defense woke up after halftime. During the first half it was abysmal. Turbyfill looks close to normal finally. Maybe they will use him on defense in the playoffs.
They wont

Reactions: 97Cougar
Well like Bill2814 I guess I'm one during the game being negative. So I want to say the coaches did make good adjustments during halftime on D and the boys really played the second real good intensity and #15 had a real good game on D and got fired up and I believe he was a big part of getting everyone else fired up.
Don’t have problems with guys like you who expect the best out of your boys. I respect that. My comment about negative chatter are from Mitchell haters who are exaggerating issues with the team. Those boys are teenagers and every team has fights but real men know it will be resolved. Good luck this year.

Don’t have problems with guys like you who expect the best out of your boys. I respect that. My comment about negative chatter are from Mitchell haters who are exaggerating issues with the team. Those boys are teenagers and every team has fights but real men know it will be resolved. Good luck this year.
Amen! Some on here are just trying to stir behind their little keyboard. They are a joke!

Congratulations to Mitchell, always good to get a win against Heritage. Second half was definitely better than the first. Defense still has some issues but I did like how may underclassmen was playing on defense tonight. Hopefully that will pay off down the road.

While Heritage has taken some lumps this year, they are getting better and are not a bad team. I can see them back on top of the conference very soon and making noise deep into the playoff.

Go Mountaineers

As good a fight as Heritage put up I am disappointed more Yancey posters wasn't on here what a fight! You guys should be on here bragging you wasn't even supposed to be in this game?

Congratulations to Mitchell, always good to get a win against Heritage. Second half was definitely better than the first. Defense still has some issues but I did like how may underclassmen was playing on defense tonight. Hopefully that will pay off down the road.

While Heritage has taken some lumps this year, they are getting better and are not a bad team. I can see them back on top of the conference very soon and making noise deep into the playoff.

Go Mountaineers
Now we gotta cheer for the Green Team against Draughn. I’ll need a lot of beer that night😀

You might be right. I have issues that either team could make the playoffs. No issue with Owen being clobbered by Draughn or Mitchell. Our offense isn’t good and we lit up the scoreboard. Albemarle had a running clock on Owen and Albemarle is average at best 1A team.
Madison isn’t good at all.
Yep I think Madison may pull a win off there.

As good a fight as Heritage put up I am disappointed more Yancey posters wasn't on here what a fight! You guys should be on here bragging you wasn't even supposed to be in this game?
It was about what I expected. Thought it would be a 2 TD game. Knew we would be up for that game. Lots of mixed emotions because yall are our biggest rivalry but knew better team won.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT