ADVERTISEMENT

Hendersonville (M6) vs. Mountain Heritage (WH) Regional Round

Goob I’m a good ways south of you. I’m at Oak Island. Planning on eating supper at South Port tonight. Going early so I can get back and monitor the games

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Goob I’m a good ways south of you. I’m at Oak Island. Planning on eating supper at South Port tonight. Going early so I can get back and monitor the games
Had my honeymoon at oak island and then went there for the next 5 years until we started going to Panama City every year. Love it down there.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Wow what a game! Hate to see either team lose that game. I’ve seen a lot of high school football games but this one may have been the closest to giving me a heart attack. 2 teams that left it all on the field. High powered passing game against ground and pound with a few timely pass plays. Great game Cougars. We appreciate all the support and kind words from the Mitchell fans and Hendo players and fans were a class act tonight. Amazing atmosphere at Dietz field.

Congrats Mountain Heritage! You guys are blessed to have JR as a HC, that's exactly what made all the difference last night. Both teams left it all on the field, and the Bearcats have absolutely no reason to hang their heads, even though I know from experience that was gut wrenching. Seen a lot of potential in the Bearcats underclassmen that I expect will be impressive in just few short months.
Hell-ova game! I'm wearing Green to work next week, yeah, Imma a proud mountain boy no matter who is representing us.
David vs. Goliath next weekend but we all know Goliath can be eliminated. Good luck men!

Congrats Mountain Heritage! You guys are blessed to have JR as a HC, that's exactly what made all the difference last night. Both teams left it all on the field, and the Bearcats have absolutely no reason to hang their heads, even though I know from experience that was gut wrenching. Seen a lot of potential in the Bearcats underclassmen that I expect will be impressive in just few short months.
Hell-ova game! I'm wearing Green to work next week, yeah, Imma a proud mountain boy no matter who is representing us.
David vs. Goliath next weekend but we all know Goliath can be eliminated. Good luck men!
Ace thanks for the kind words. Always good to see a mountain team representing. Great team in Hendo and well coached. Bring your green and head down to state with us. One big family!! Best of luck next season with your talented underclassmen.

The Bearcats are as hard-nosed as any mountain team this year with the right amount of speed to put out any passing game threat as well as putting just enough points on the board to win. They've already proven that they are also effective in stopping run heavy teams in their confrence. I don't have a prediction yet for this game but I can guarantee you this, if a big fullback is all Heritage brings to the table Friday, it will be a long bus ride home to Burnsville.
Got to comment on this one. That big fullback had a heck of a game, but we mixed it up just enough to be successful. WLOS called him a Coke machine on roller skates last week. Pretty good assessment.

I don’t know if any of you are old enough to remember John Riggins. That’s who Heritage’s fullback reminds me of. The big fullback running behind an “O” line they called the “Hogs”. I’ve been a Washington Redskins’ fan forever. If your not familiar, you need to pull some YouTube videos on him.

Reactions: 97Cougar
I don’t know if any of you are old enough to remember John Riggins. That’s who Heritage’s fullback reminds me of. The big fullback running behind an “O” line they called the “Hogs”. I’ve been a Washington Redskins’ fan forever. If your not familiar, you need to pull some YouTube videos on him.
One of my favorite teams of all time!

Thanks, PBB51. A lot of people did not give us much of a chance this time around but we have a pretty good defense. Bend but don’t break and try to force a couple of turnovers a game.
84 tell your son I owe him for about 5 heart attacs he's saved me over the last couple years. I'm proud of ever kid on our team I've got one question is Jaylen a magician he sure can make a play at the right time ever damn time.I got a nickname for him the( Silent Assain) how he keeps flying under the radar like he does as far as acculades from the media is beyond me .if I'm coaching a college team he's on my team he's one of if not the best DB I've ever seen at the highschool level why teams keep throwing his way is beyond me.I know your proud of him he's got a brite future.Hope rest of family is doing good.I can't go to the games they make me babyset I've got 3 year old grandson that's got more energy than we did 35 years ago .never stops talking ,don't know who he gets that from,tell
Keep Higgins strait if that's possible.

84 tell your son I owe him for about 5 heart attacs he's saved me over the last couple years. I'm proud of ever kid on our team I've got one question is Jaylen a magician he sure can make a play at the right time ever damn time.I got a nickname for him the( Silent Assain) how he keeps flying under the radar like he does as far as acculades from the media is beyond me .if I'm coaching a college team he's on my team he's one of if not the best DB I've ever seen at the highschool level why teams keep throwing his way is beyond me.I know your proud of him he's got a brite future.Hope rest of family is doing good.I can't go to the games they make me babyset I've got 3 year old grandson that's got more energy than we did 35 years ago .never stops talking ,don't know who he gets that from,tell
Keep Higgins strait if that's possible.
Thanks for the kind words. The 2 major injuries have definitely not been good for him in any sport. Also his love for all 3 sports makes it difficult to put the extra time in going to camps and stuff to get noticed. I’m just so happy for him and the team, with all our family has been through in the past couple of years to get to see him be a part of a trip to the Championship. The coaches, players, administration, teachers, friends and family have all went above and beyond for our family and I will never be able to really tell them all how much it has meant to us and especially #12. We are Heritage!

Looking at your roster, you guys have lot talent coming back. You guys will dominate your league next year. Glad we dont have worry about playing you guys in the playoffs next year since we are going 1a. You guys have first class program, your players show good sportsmanship. I honestly felt bad for hendo players, they played their heart out , this loss will make them better.

Echo congratulations to Mountain Heritage. They took our best shot and still came out on top. Great atmosphere at Dietz Field last Friday night. I saw Tuscola, Pisgah and Brevard folks watching from the home side. Good luck against Reidsville this week.Hope we continue to schedule the Cougars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT