ADVERTISEMENT

Hendersonville (M6) vs. Mountain Heritage (WH) Regional Round

f-ball-ace

Apr 20, 2021
The NCHSAA Regional round will be played right here in the mountains between two tough mountain teams. One represents the Mountain Six Confrence, the other represents the Western Highlands, only one will advance to the big dance. Who will it be?

If Hindo can’t stop that big fullback, I know who it’s going to be.
The Bearcats are as hard-nosed as any mountain team this year with the right amount of speed to put out any passing game threat as well as putting just enough points on the board to win. They've already proven that they are also effective in stopping run heavy teams in their confrence. I don't have a prediction yet for this game but I can guarantee you this, if a big fullback is all Heritage brings to the table Friday, it will be a long bus ride home to Burnsville.

Last edited:
Heritage has plenty of other weapons in the running game, as demonstrated against a very good MP defense last night. QB put up over 150 yards, and have some breakaway threats with their speed backs. Definitely do not throw the ball as much as MP did, but or Hendo will, but will pick a few opportune points to keep the defense honest. Receivers with good hands and 6’3” and 6’5” frames to go after the 50/50 throws. The line has played well and I’m sure they are preparing for a battle as always with the Bearcats. I think we have won the last 3 trips to Hendo, so I don’t think home field will matter much since the Heritage faithful travel well.
Both teams were missing key components early due to injury and good basketball playoff runs for both schools with Hendersonville going all the way to the State game. Both teams seem to be peaking at the end of the season, so I think it will come down to execution and turnovers.

Hey 84, you must have just got outta the joint. Or were you just so confident y’all would beat MP that you didn’t even bother to post last week?

Hey Mountie, I looked for that dude all night. You know, the shirtless dude with the stick and hubcap. It must’ve been 84 and he didn’t get outta the joint in time to get to the game

Heritage 28 Hendo 20 I think this game could be close. Like I said both teams have played very well in playoff - Yes Mtn Heritage won big last game but playoff time is different and hard to beat a team twice but I believe Heritage maybe a tick better and look how did to a very good MP team I give them the edge but Hendo is at Home!

Hey 84, you must have just got outta the joint. Or were you just so confident y’all would beat MP that you didn’t even bother to post last week?

Hey Mountie, I looked for that dude all night. You know, the shirtless dude with the stick and hubcap. It must’ve been 84 and he didn’t get outta the joint in time to get to the game
No actually normally post a lot more. Been really busy at work this year. Normally go back and forth with the Mitchell and Owen guys a little to keep it fun for the WHC. I think we may have posted back and forth some last year. Still follow the team closely but not got to respond much. I actually have a great nephew that played for SP this year. Hate the Covid format kept SP out of the playoffs as they were playing well at the end of the season and handed a one sided loss to Shelby as well. Actually had some of his family on the Heritage side tonight, but he was at prom.

Good deal. Raider fans are gonna find a game to watch even if they aren’t in it. Good luck to your boys next week. Sounds like you’ll have several Red Raiders pullin for you.

Reactions: 97Cougar
No actually normally post a lot more. Been really busy at work this year. Normally go back and forth with the Mitchell and Owen guys a little to keep it fun for the WHC. I think we may have posted back and forth some last year. Still follow the team closely but not got to respond much. I actually have a great nephew that played for SP this year. Hate the Covid format kept SP out of the playoffs as they were playing well at the end of the season and handed a one sided loss to Shelby as well. Actually had some of his family on the Heritage side tonight, but he was at prom.
Well beating Shelby doesn't mean much In terms that all of Cleveland county lost last week. And they all 3 had very close games in regular season. Instead of how great everyone said they are maybe they just were that good to begin with. (All 3 teams) Rams always got bashed for beating mountain schools. Hate to see what happens if they lost lol. But Hendo looks like a great passing team. Seems like tough matchup for Mt. Heritage. Wouldn't be surprised to see them win.

Hendo is lot better team now. Robinson has finally got Heritage playing up to their potential. You look at past Heritage teams Robinson has them playing their best by 6 game, right now we are playing good. Whichever team makes fewest mistakes wins.

I believe games are won on line of scrimmage.
A lot of times they are. And MH dominated reidsville 2 games in recent years In that area and somehow lost both times. I would like to see them again if were to make it to finals. Just cant wait to see how it plays out

A lot of times they are. And MH dominated reidsville 2 games in recent years In that area and somehow lost both times. I would like to see them again if were to make it to finals. Just cant wait to see how it plays out
In my opinion Reidsville is team to beat. To be the man you have beat the man Reidsville is the man in 2a football.

Can Heritage throw consistently though. Just hard for a run only team to win against the teams that are left
We have quite a few pass plays not shown very much and some good receivers but if a team holds us to say 100 yards rushing it would be difficult for us to win a high scoring game through the air. Normally when we have made deep playoff runs, the clock control ground game has served us well until we hit Reidsville a few years in a row, with the last one being a very good game.

We have quite a few pass plays not shown very much and some good receivers but if a team holds us to say 100 yards rushing it would be difficult for us to win a high scoring game through the air. Normally when we have made deep playoff runs, the clock control ground game has served us well until we hit Reidsville a few years in a row, with the last one being a very good game.
Yes that's what I remembered. Rams barely had the ball at all during the meetings

I understand the context of your statement, BUT you are kidding right? Lol
It means a lot but in the sense I made the statement it doesn't as much as it usually would if KM Burns had advanced further as well. With all 3 out in 2nd round maybe they weren't as good as people thought

I thought he was talking about the dirt track at Bowman-Gray Stadium. They generally open at 3:00 for drivers & cars, 5:00 for fans

The Bearcats are as hard-nosed as any mountain team this year with the right amount of speed to put out any passing game threat as well as putting just enough points on the board to win. They've already proven that they are also effective in stopping run heavy teams in their confrence. I don't have a prediction yet for this game but I can guarantee you this, if a big fullback is all Heritage brings to the table Friday, it will be a long bus ride home to Burnsville.
You gotta beat a Joey Robinson coached team. That ain’t easy and they’ll throw about 5 times for 100 yards. They’ll put up about 300 yards on the ground and Hendersonville will get the ball 5 or 6 times for the whole game. Heritage will roll on to chapel hill.

Hendersonville will get the ball 5 or 6 times for the whole game. Heritage will roll on to chapel hill.
Put the pipe down, you've obviously lost touch with reality.
The Bearcats have more than proven that they are the premiere team this Friday night. They started out a little sluggish but after their loss to little ole Franklin, they went to a scorched earth mode and I do not expect the Cougars to be able to overcome them.
They have more than proven themselves against both a very effective ground and pound game by giving Pisgah their only regular season loss and have proven they can stop speed and any air attack last week by sending the reigning 2a champs home brokenhearted. A task that the Cougars would come very short in as would and did many teams. The Cougars just won't be able to match-up well with the Bearcats.
The Cougars and JR most often use a 50/50 mix in their offensive attack, but you can expect with great confidence that Hendo will force him to become a one dimensional team before the end of the 3'rd quarter.
In this contest, the Mountain 6 will prove to be a more superior conference than the Western Highlands.
Go ahead and write this down in pen, Hendersonville by 12.

Last edited:
Wrote that down in pen lol......If Mountain Heritage's defense and O-Line continues to play the way they have been playing then they have a very good chance of playing next Saturday. Hendersonville is playing much better football than when Heritage beat them early in the season but Heritage has improved in every aspect of the game as well since their loss to Mitchell. Maybe they will be able to compete with "scorched earth mode".

LOL. 78 you making the trip back up the mountain? I can guarantee the walk into Bearcat Stadium is much easier.😁
I wish I could. Sounds like it’s going to be a great game. The wife reserved us a place at the beach for the weekend. So I’m headed East not West. I’ll be pullin for your Cougars from a far. Good luck, I hope your boys have two wins left in them.

Put the pipe down, you've obviously lost touch with reality.
The Bearcats have more than proven that they are the premiere team this Friday night. They started out a little sluggish but after their loss to little ole Franklin, they went to a scorched earth mode and I do not expect the Cougars to be able to overcome them.
They have more than proven themselves against both a very effective ground and pound game by giving Pisgah their only regular season loss and have proven they can stop speed and any air attack last week by sending the reigning 2a champs home brokenhearted. A task that the Cougars would come very short in as would and did many teams. The Cougars just won't be able to match-up well with the Bearcats.
The Cougars and JR most often use a 50/50 mix in their offensive attack, but you can expect with great confidence that Hendo will force him to become a one dimensional team before the end of the 3'rd quarter.
In this contest, the Mountain 6 will prove to be a more superior conference than the Western Highlands.
Go ahead and write this down in pen, Hendersonville by 12.
Ok mtn 6 better then whc , let's see Heritage beat you guys, also brevard, Mitchell beats smokey mtn. That's whc 3-0 lol. I watch that shelby game, shelby didnt try to run the ball, they were trying beat you at your game. Heritage will run in down your throat like they do every year. I look for hard fought game, whoever wins turnover battle will win. Heritage 28-24

Reactions: Mhsneer
Ok mtn 6 better then whc , let's see Heritage beat you guys, also brevard, Mitchell beats smokey mtn. That's whc 3-0 lol. I watch that shelby game, shelby didnt try to run the ball, they were trying beat you at your game. Heritage will run in down your throat like they do every year. I look for hard fought game, whoever wins turnover battle will win. Heritage 28-24
He doesn't speak for Hendersonville. Clearly said he wasn't a bearcat. This has nothing to do with Mountain 6 vs WHC. This is Hendersonville vs Mountain heritage....now with that said....im looking forward to this game. Can't wait to watch these kids play for a Western Regional Championship at Dietz Field. Going to be pretty cool

He doesn't speak for Hendersonville.

Heritage will run in down your throat

Ok mtn 6 better then whc , let's see Heritage beat you guys, also brevard, Mitchell beats smokey mtn. That's whc 3-0 lol.
1. Big Red is correct on this one.
2. Hope you don't mind the taste of crow.
3. Like some have already said, not the same team, more at stake more complete team now.

P2020 - You can thank me for educating you later as you will see.

1. Big Red is correct on this one.
2. Hope you don't mind the taste of crow.
3. Like some have already said, not the same team, more at stake more complete team now.

P2020 - You can thank me for educating you later as you will see.
Every week there is a new member talking trash about Mountain Heritage!
Just like F-ball-ace this week(JOINED APRIL 20th!!!)! At first he wasn't a Bearcat, now he's posting how Hendo is gonna kill Heritage! COME ON it's the Semi-finals! Do you really need to make up Bulletin Board Material for the Cougars to wanna beat Hendo more? At this point, as always, I'm sure both teams respect each other and have confidence in themselves! BUT roll on if you wanna be that TROLL again this week!!!! YOU HAVE ZERO previous post about Hendo now your claiming them to be all this! Sorry dude no go! If I see smoke and smell smoke it tells me there is a fire!!!! Looking forward to a great game! Contrasting styles at its best! Hopefully its a well officiated injury free game! Good luck to all!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT