ADVERTISEMENT

Hendersonville (M6) vs. Mountain Heritage (WH) Regional Round

1. Big Red is correct on this one.
2. Hope you don't mind the taste of crow.
3. Like some have already said, not the same team, more at stake more complete team now.

P2020 - You can thank me for educating you later as you will see.
I’d say we are a more complete team than we were when we first played as well. Just as the Franklin game seemed to flip the switch for Hendo the Mitchell game done the same for Heritage. Best I can tell is you have two teams that are peaking and hitting their stride at the right time. And its the same at stake for both teams as far as that goes and I am sure the players on both teams realize that.

Last edited:
At first he wasn't a Bearcat, now he's posting how Hendo is gonna kill Heritage!
I'd say give'em at least 7 for home field advantage and it would behoove any team to not sleep on them, they are legit.

Like I tell the wife, I'm not always right, but I'm hardly ever wrong....
Kinda seen this coming. Good win Bearcats represented the Mountain Six well last night.

The Mountain 6 Bearcats might have something to say about that.

Yeah, y'all roll on into Hville with that attitude next Friday and your season will end as quickly as Shelby's did.

Not a Hendo homie here so I'll pass them congrats onto the Bearcats fans. Was at the game and I will confess told my son last night Shelby has athletes all over the field but Hendersonville would not allow Shelby to execute their game plan. That disruptive strategy and the athletic ability of Hendersonville is what won the game.

Not the same team you played last time. Just saying.
Don't know what turnip truck you just fell off of there Jr, but here is you some proof all from the Shelby vs Hendo thread that also proves you obviously don't know what you are talking about on here.
Nice try though.

Best I can tell is you have two teams that are peaking and hitting their stride at the right time. And its the same at stake for both teams as far as that goes and I am sure the players on both teams realize that.
Agreed. Should be a dandy game.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Every week there is a new member talking trash about Mountain Heritage!
Just like F-ball-ace this week(JOINED APRIL 20th!!!)! At first he wasn't a Bearcat, now he's posting how Hendo is gonna kill Heritage! COME ON it's the Semi-finals! Do you really need to make up Bulletin Board Material for the Cougars to wanna beat Hendo more? At this point, as always, I'm sure both teams respect each other and have confidence in themselves! BUT roll on if you wanna be that TROLL again this week!!!! YOU HAVE ZERO previous post about Hendo now your claiming them to be all this! Sorry dude no go! If I see smoke and smell smoke it tells me there is a fire!!!! Looking forward to a great game! Contrasting styles at its best! Hopefully its a well officiated injury free game! Good luck to all!
lol you just joined to post that.

What is Hendos record the past 10 years vs Heritage? I can't remember many wins for the Bearcats

What is Hendos record the past 10 years vs Heritage? I can't remember many wins for the Bearcats
I think it’s 7-8 wins for heritage to 5 or 4 wins for hendo last 12 games. Not 100% sure on that. We played them twice in 2017 and 2018 as well. Heritage has won the last 6. It’s always a battle though.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Put the pipe down, you've obviously lost touch with reality.
The Bearcats have more than proven that they are the premiere team this Friday night. They started out a little sluggish but after their loss to little ole Franklin, they went to a scorched earth mode and I do not expect the Cougars to be able to overcome them.
They have more than proven themselves against both a very effective ground and pound game by giving Pisgah their only regular season loss and have proven they can stop speed and any air attack last week by sending the reigning 2a champs home brokenhearted. A task that the Cougars would come very short in as would and did many teams. The Cougars just won't be able to match-up well with the Bearcats.
The Cougars and JR most often use a 50/50 mix in their offensive attack, but you can expect with great confidence that Hendo will force him to become a one dimensional team before the end of the 3'rd quarter.
In this contest, the Mountain 6 will prove to be a more superior conference than the Western Highlands.
Go ahead and write this down in pen, Hendersonville by 12.
Has Hendersonville got a new coach this year, if they have same coach they have had last 4 years I don't see how they win this game , and if I'm not mistaken Heritage has beat Hendersonville 6 strait games . I've got alot of respect for Hendersonville I've seen them play a couple games and I didn't see a team that couldn't be beat and I also hope Hendersonvilles players are as confident as these bandwagon fans of there's I've not seen any Hendersonville fans on this site in a long time , thank God they will be gone shortly.

I believe Heritage has won 6 strait,8 out of the last 10 games .including 2 playoff wins. Over the last 10 years ,I believe it's 8 to 4 heritage.last time we played at hendersonville in 2019 heritage won 30 to 6 and if our long snapper hadn't snapped the ball over our punters head late in 4th quarter it would have been 30 to 0.but none of that matters now it's 0 to 0 well bring a hammer and box of nails and go to work and see what happens .

Has Hendersonville got a new coach this year, if they have same coach they have had last 4 years I don't see how they win this game , and if I'm not mistaken Heritage has beat Hendersonville 6 strait games . I've got alot of respect for Hendersonville I've seen them play a couple games and I didn't see a team that couldn't be beat and I also hope Hendersonvilles players are as confident as these bandwagon fans of there's I've not seen any Hendersonville fans on this site in a long time , thank God they will be gone shortly.
Anybody can be beat

Good luck to the Hendersonville Bearcats! You guys are representing the conference well. Got some kin folk on the Heritage side but gotta stick with the mountain six on this one.
Thanks man. I hope our team comes to the stadium seeing as how they apparently have no chance in hell to win.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I hope our kids come to the stadium seeing as how they apparently have no chance in hell to win.
There's something special going on over there and a lot of people know it, they're just too proud to say. I say that you can show the doubters much better than you can try to tell them or explain to them. Seriously wishing y'all the best for success and an injury free game.
PS. I will be there somewhere with my Pisgah cap pulling for you guys.

There's something special going on over there and a lot of people know it, they're just too proud to say. I say that you can show the doubters much better than you can try to tell them or explain to them. Seriously wishing y'all the best for success and an injury free game.
PS. I will be there somewhere with my Pisgah cap pulling for you guys.
I expect nothing less from a Pisgah Bear lol. Maybe I can spot you on my tv by the hat lol.

• Haha
Reactions: PBBear51
Mountain Heritage has no passing game .Hendersonville will load the box and dare them to pass.It worked against us and Shelby Even though.Shelby had a passing game ,threw for over 400 yds and still lost.Hendersonville by at least two td.

Hey PB, you seen that big fullback and that “O” line. I’ve saw Shelby and I’ve seen Heritage. I don’t have a dog in the fight. Shelby’s running game doesn’t compare to what Heritage does. Heritage will just run it down your throat. They my not gain 5 - 10 yards a carry like they did against Mt Pleasant all they need is three and a half. They won’t beat themselves.

They my not gain 5 - 10 yards a carry like they did against Mt Pleasant all they need is three and a half. They won’t beat themselves.
True but if you're gonna play that strategy, you best be able to keep your opponent's offense off the field and hope they don't have a passing threat, then when they are on the field, limit them to 4 and out. Just don't see that happening against the Bearcats.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
When South Point played Shelby week 6, they took the opening kickoff drove the length of the field took eight minutes off the clock and put seven points on the board. Then they forced Shelby to punt their first possession. When you don't have but five or six possessions per game, most teams start to press, that's when mistakes are made. I've never seen Hendo play. I know nothing more about them than what I've read on here. Sometiimes fans of a particular team aren't the most objective folks to get a scouting report from. But you may be correct. Hindi may be as big and bad as advertised. That's why they play the game, to find out.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
Word to the wise, DON‘T look at past games to try and predict this one. While Heritage has won several in a row, they don’t want to get complacent. Just a few short years ago Mitchell had ran over and around Cherokee for several straight games. Then Cherokee showed up and for whatever reason, Mitchell overconfident, looking ahead or just the fact that Cherokee may have been the better team, they ran over and around Mitchell on their way to a state title.

This has the potential to be a classic. Good luck to both and may the winner represent WNC with class in the finals.

Prediction Hendo by 1, due to home field. (Plus I just can’t find it in me to pick Heritage).

PS. I am not taking anything away from Cherokee, they flat out played Mitchell in that game.

Go Mountaineers

True but if you're gonna play that strategy, you best be able to keep your opponent's offense off the field and hope they don't have a passing threat, then when they are on the field, limit them to 4 and out. Just don't see that happening against the Bearcats.
All you have to do is out score them, wether it's 7 - 0 or 49 - 48. Most games, you don't have to stop your opponent every possession, sometimes once or twice will make the difference.

When South Point played Shelby week 6, they took the opening kickoff drove the length of the field took eight minutes off the clock and put seven points on the board. Then they forced Shelby to punt their first possession. When you don't have but five or six possessions per game, most teams start to press, that's when mistakes are made. I've never seen Hendo play. I know nothing more about them than what I've read on here. Sometiimes fans of a particular team aren't the most objective folks to get a scouting report from. But you may be correct. Hindi may be as big and bad as advertised. That's why they play the game, to find out.
It will be a battle

The first quarter is vital when playing Heritage. If you fall behind early, its almost impossible to come back with their ball control offense. But the reverse can also apply. If Hendersonville starts quickly and gets a 14 or more point lead it will be very hard for Heritage to come back.

Hey PB, you seen that big fullback and that “O” line. I’ve saw Shelby and I’ve seen Heritage. I don’t have a dog in the fight. Shelby’s running game doesn’t compare to what Heritage does. Heritage will just run it down your throat. They my not gain 5 - 10 yards a carry like they did against Mt Pleasant all they need is three and a half. They won’t beat themselves.
If I recollect MH came to Canton two years ago undefeated and had had a big running back .When they left Canton that night they were no longer undefeated.Mitchell beat them bad and Robbinsville beat Mitchell.I still say Hendersonville by at least two td.

If I recollect MH came to Canton two years ago undefeated and had had a big running back .When they left Canton that night they were no longer undefeated.Mitchell beat them bad and Robbinsville beat Mitchell.I still say Hendersonville by at least two td.
What does Robinsville beating mitchell have to do with Friday lol I’ll say this mitchell had a great young team this year and would have gave anyone in your conference fits so I’m not sure what that has to do with anything. I need to go wash my mouth out now for saying that.

Last edited:
I recollect that Heritage beat Hendo to start the season and both teams faced each other in the semifinals in basketball so stop the basketball talk. Both teams were missing kids and neither were at the top of their game then. Best indicator of future events is the recent history and that says Heritage

I recollect that Heritage beat Hendo to start the season and both teams faced each other in the semifinals in basketball so stop the basketball talk. Both teams were missing kids and neither were at the top of their game then. Best indicator of future events is the recent history and that says Heritage
Off topic but yalls softball team have looked good this year. They run a good program. Very well coached.

Thanks 97. New coach. Old one finally left. She ran the program into the ground. My daughter had played all the way up to high school and she hasn’t played her sophomore and Junior years but now is talking about picking it back up next year for her senior year. It is definitely looking up again. The softball program has always been pretty good. 2 state titles back to back. They are still very young so they should be good the next couple years. Let’s take another turn here. Did you come to the Owen Mitchell game and stand up top with an Owen fan for most of the 1st half? If so that was me. I just can’t get away from that being you but I could be wrong. I couldn’t take any more after that game and I haven’t been back since

What does Robinsville beating mitchell have to do with Friday lol I’ll say this mitchell had a great young team this year and would have gave anyone in your conference fits so I’m not sure what that has to do with anything. I need to go wash my mouth out now for saying that.
I Never meant anything by that just a fact.You may be right about Mitchell beating anyone in our conference .guess we want ever know that .I do know we have tried to schedule them several times and they refused .

Thanks 97. New coach. Old one finally left. She ran the program into the ground. My daughter had played all the way up to high school and she hasn’t played her sophomore and Junior years but now is talking about picking it back up next year for her senior year. It is definitely looking up again. The softball program has always been pretty good. 2 state titles back to back. They are still very young so they should be good the next couple years. Let’s take another turn here. Did you come to the Owen Mitchell game and stand up top with an Owen fan for most of the 1st half? If so that was me. I just can’t get away from that being you but I could be wrong. I couldn’t take any more after that game and I haven’t been back since
No sir I didn’t make it to that game i was practicing my girls travel basketball team. Would like to meet up sometime though hopefully at one of the games in the future always enjoy getting your take on games. But id say I know who it was I do know of one heritage parent that was at that game. Big lineman number 65s dad was there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT