ADVERTISEMENT

Hendersonville @ Burns

The_Rev921

Sep 16, 2010
New faces coming to Lawndale Friday night, anybody got some info on Hendo? players to watch? schemes? etc...

Burns coming off a solid win over East Rutherford will have the kids ready to go this week in practice and hopefully we keep the big Mo going!

New faces coming to Lawndale Friday night, anybody got some info on Hendo? players to watch? schemes? etc...

Burns coming off a solid win over East Rutherford will have the kids ready to go this week in practice and hopefully we keep the big Mo going!
Hendersonville has a decent passing game but obviously no defense. Burns can run the ball, chew up clock and should leave with a W

Biggest threat from hendo is WR/S/KR/PR tykel landrum. Made max preps all American team as a junior, and is on everybody's all state team. As HitmanT said, they have no D.

Reactions: cougars45
Hendo has two big play receivers and a good qb. #7 is by far their best player. Their rb is a bruiser. Their only loss was to Charlotte Christian but they would be most 2A teams in the state. Should be a good one at Burns this Friday.

Sounds like it could be an interesting game. Hopefully our Offense will be able to have some success against a less than stellar D. CJ and Kujuan will have to play ball control for us and grind it out like we did against ER.

Sounds like it could be an interesting game. Hopefully our Offense will be able to have some success against a less than stellar D. CJ and Kujuan will have to play ball control for us and grind it out like we did against ER.
I love how coach lined up with a TE and H Bach and just smashed east last week. I hope to see alot more of that this week. I'm really going to enjoy watching C J and kejuan for the next few years.

I love how coach lined up with a TE and H Bach and just smashed east last week. I hope to see alot more of that this week. I'm really going to enjoy watching C J and kejuan for the next few years.

I did as well. I would like to see Stormy get some throws his way too. He is a good size for a TE and a good blocker as well.

Hendo has two big play receivers and a good qb. #7 is by far their best player. Their rb is a bruiser. Their only loss was to Charlotte Christian but they would be most 2A teams in the state. Should be a good one at Burns this Friday.
We would kick off to number 7 the entire game and put our worst cover corner on him in that case.

From the beginning of time, Asheville has kicked off directly to the other teams best player repeatedly.

In 2007, we were playing in the fourth round and pooch kicked it to north Gastons best rb and he returned it 75 yards for a td. We lost by 1.

Gonna have a sour taste in my mouth about this one. Burns D came to play and we turned this into a game that we could win, NOT a shoot out. The QB from Hendo will be sore today. I was not very impressed with the Bearcat passing game, very inaccurate and only liked to throw it deep. Ill attribute some of that that to the pressure we were getting on him all night. The story line here is penalties for the pups, anytime a big play was made, our drives stalled due to a holding call. If we get behind the chains, its gonna be tough to catch back up.
The Hendersonville RB was a LOAD, idk why they didnt feed that kid more, he seemed to be laying some wood to some of our kids and he would pick up some good chunks of yardarge when he carried the ball.
Tough one to swallow for our kids, they played very hard and had some VERY questionable calls go against them the final 2 plays of the game.I think we were the better team tonight just couldnt get it done where it mattered most on the scoreboard. Good luck to Hendo the rest of the season, looking forward to coming that way next year! We are 1-3 but could easily be 3-1, the growing pains are evident this season but there is definitely a bright future with Burns and the young kids on this team...put your heads down and keep pounding the pavement!

Reactions: Lion Attack
Rev

Talked to coach for a moment today before our little league games at Burns ... he is as genuine as anyone man and loves those kids ... he looks after little league too which only makes the future even brighter

Tony on the mic at Burns for us today and the kids (our midget team)ran the hill like their big brothers on the varsity and showed out big time today and played some good football

Rev

Talked to coach for a moment today before our little league games at Burns ... he is as genuine as anyone man and loves those kids ... he looks after little league too which only makes the future even brighter

Tony on the mic at Burns for us today and the kids (our midget team)ran the hill like their big brothers on the varsity and showed out big time today and played some good football

Sounds good, our future is bright, just gotta get thru some growing pains. as Nick Saban says..its a process

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT