ADVERTISEMENT

CCC 1A/2A Week 4

bigtime_87

Oct 3, 2014
Conference is showing some good records so far with only one team struggling (W Davidson) to get a win. This week has a few games that are interesting as they all wrap up non-conference schedules in week 4. After three weeks of action the league is showing some promise to produce a few quality playoff teams in Salisbury, Thomasville and N Rowan. Others are surging and showing improvement to bolster the leagues overall status.

Salisbury-Person: Both teams are 3-0 and have outscored their opponents by a large margin. I am taking the Hornets to go to 4-0 as I think their current 2A ranking is well deserved and they are still the team to beat to win the CCC and a top 5 2A team in the state.

Thomasville-Ben Smith: Bulldogs take on another very athletic and much larger school in Ben L Smith. Smith beat a 4A school Friday and the Bulldogs got a good win Friday over a much improved TW Andrews team. The Bulldogs improve to 3-1 heading into CCC play with a win over Smith and stay in the 1A top 10.

S Davidson-S Stanly: S Davidson is off to a 3-0 start and are scoring lots of points. The improvement is obvious, but the easiest non-con schedule by any CCC team so far leaves the jury out on upxoming CCC success. SS 1-2 is bad so the Wildcats will go into CCC play 4-0 after whooping up on SS this Friday night. I see the Widlcats setting a win record this year with a possible 5-5 or 6-4 overall record for the 1st time in forever.

E Davidson-Ledford: East is off to a 2-1 record with back to back wins. That ends this week as the Panthers will take it to the Eagles as they have owned this series for many years recently. ED will come out fighting but will fade as Ledford scores 35+ to take the win and continue that winning streak against the 2-1 Eagles.

Lexington-C Davidson: The Jackets are off to a 2-1 start and are showing tons of improvement this year. Things are looking up for them and this week they face a struggling 1-2 CD team that blew out W Davidson last friday. CD has beaten Lexington many times lately, but I will take the Jackets to improve to 3-1 with a close win over the Spartans.

N Rowan-TW Andrews: NR 2-1 faces a solid 2-1 TWA team that played Thomasville pretty well Friday night. I am interested in this one as it will give an idea of how the battle for the #1 1A seed will unfold between THS and NR in a few weeks in conference action. I am going with NR to win in a close game.

W Davidson-Trinity: W Davidson 0-3 is struggling and the community is in an uproar about the current state of the program. Trinity is 1-2 but can score lots of points and has lost to East Davidson and Starmount. I am taking the Bulldogs to win this by 35+ as WD goes to 0-4 and continues to dwell in the cellar of the CCC.

Conference is showing some good records so far with only one team struggling (W Davidson) to get a win. This week has a few games that are interesting as they all wrap up non-conference schedules in week 4. After three weeks of action the league is showing some promise to produce a few quality playoff teams in Salisbury, Thomasville and N Rowan. Others are surging and showing improvement to bolster the leagues overall status.

Salisbury-Person: Both teams are 3-0 and have outscored their opponents by a large margin. I am taking the Hornets to go to 4-0 as I think their current 2A ranking is well deserved and they are still the team to beat to win the CCC and a top 5 2A team in the state.

Thomasville-Ben Smith: Bulldogs take on another very athletic and much larger school in Ben L Smith. Smith beat a 4A school Friday and the Bulldogs got a good win Friday over a much improved TW Andrews team. The Bulldogs improve to 3-1 heading into CCC play with a win over Smith and stay in the 1A top 10.

S Davidson-S Stanly: S Davidson is off to a 3-0 start and are scoring lots of points. The improvement is obvious, but the easiest non-con schedule by any CCC team so far leaves the jury out on upxoming CCC success. SS 1-2 is bad so the Wildcats will go into CCC play 4-0 after whooping up on SS this Friday night. I see the Widlcats setting a win record this year with a possible 5-5 or 6-4 overall record for the 1st time in forever.

E Davidson-Ledford: East is off to a 2-1 record with back to back wins. That ends this week as the Panthers will take it to the Eagles as they have owned this series for many years recently. ED will come out fighting but will fade as Ledford scores 35+ to take the win and continue that winning streak against the 2-1 Eagles.

Lexington-C Davidson: The Jackets are off to a 2-1 start and are showing tons of improvement this year. Things are looking up for them and this week they face a struggling 1-2 CD team that blew out W Davidson last friday. CD has beaten Lexington many times lately, but I will take the Jackets to improve to 3-1 with a close win over the Spartans.

N Rowan-TW Andrews: NR 2-1 faces a solid 2-1 TWA team that played Thomasville pretty well Friday night. I am interested in this one as it will give an idea of how the battle for the #1 1A seed will unfold between THS and NR in a few weeks in conference action. I am going with NR to win in a close game.

W Davidson-Trinity: W Davidson 0-3 is struggling and the community is in an uproar about the current state of the program. Trinity is 1-2 but can score lots of points and has lost to East Davidson and Starmount. I am taking the Bulldogs to win this by 35+ as WD goes to 0-4 and continues to dwell in the cellar of the CCC.
I really appreciate this article and time/effort put into it. Thanks!

I’m a wee bit curious as to why West Davidson is all of a sudden in an uproar about their program. They’ve been pretty downright horrible for the last decade and a half, if not longer. They embraced all the moral victories during the previous coach, which has pretty much built an expectation of failure. What the Green Dragons have come to embrace is exactly what they are currently experiencing.

I’m a wee bit curious as to why West Davidson is all of a sudden in an uproar about their program. They’ve been pretty downright horrible for the last decade and a half, if not longer. They embraced all the moral victories during the previous coach, which has pretty much built an expectation of failure. What the Green Dragons have come to embrace is exactly what they are currently experiencing.
Maybe the alarm bells finally rang when SD destroyed them lmao

Reactions: bigtime_87
Just hearing some roar from the Western part of the county about football being bad year to year and always hiring someone on staff. Seems like they will not go find a new coach from outside the area to lead the program. They have a good sized roster and big kids but always run an offense suited for faster teams and it doesn't work.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT