ADVERTISEMENT

Harding vs Gaffney Sept 8

While I am a bit high on Harding I'm cautious. Last year we held Crouch to 46yrds vs our first team D. If Gaffney has disciplined defense they can beat Harding.
Trouble for Harding will come on defense and and coaching. Griner is doing EVERYTHING and they don't have much of a defense. Could be a shootout.

Gaffney will win by 20+ points. Harding is a nice story but its a HUGE upgrade in schedule. Not alot of depth and Hough, Gaffney, Mallard Creek and West Meck in the first 6 weeks.

Gaffney will win by 20+ points. Harding is a nice story but its a HUGE upgrade in schedule. Not alot of depth and Hough, Gaffney, Mallard Creek and West Meck in the first 6 weeks.

Agree 100%. Also there will be a huge difference in coaching and game preparation.

I'll be at this game, I commend both schools for getting it done schedule wise. Defense will be the key for Harding, along with staying fresh for 4 quarters. Offensively they have to find their secondary playmaker in the passing game to keep them honest from keying in on Crouch.

One thing that I know about Gaffney is that they will dress at least 100 players on their varsity. No one will be playing both sides of the ball for the Indians and if they get a chance to run it up on a NC team then they will definitely do that with no let up. The Rams may have bitten off a little more than they can chew with this one.

Harding is during what they need to do in order to develop depth and experience for the future in order to compete with the Hough,Gaffney,Mallard Creek,West,South,and East Meck,etc. in the future. In order to become the best you got to play the best sometime to get to that point.

Harding is during what they need to do in order to develop depth and experience for the future in order to compete with the Hough,Gaffney,Mallard Creek,West,South,and East Meck,etc. in the future. In order to become the best you got to play the best sometime to get to that point.

I like the Harding story and will be rooting for them in every week but one. I like upgrading the schedule and there are some benefits to be sure however I wonder if its not a bit aggressive. While they made a nice run in the last 3 or 4 games and surprised some people they gave up a ton of points including 50 to some decent but far from elite teams. Hough will be better than last year and Mallard Creek and Gaffney are just on another level with their programs. Harding hasnt won a single playoff game in a very long time.

I have seen the Harding kids at the 7 on 7's. Fired up enthusiastic group who clearly believe in themselves. Hopefully Griener can keep the group just that fired up by midway through the season.

Reactions: shutdownD24
I like the Harding story and will be rooting for them in every week but one. I like upgrading the schedule and there are some benefits to be sure however I wonder if its not a bit aggressive. While they made a nice run in the last 3 or 4 games and surprised some people they gave up a ton of points including 50 to some decent but far from elite teams. Hough will be better than last year and Mallard Creek and Gaffney are just on another level with their programs. Harding hasnt won a single playoff game in a very long time.

I have seen the Harding kids at the 7 on 7's. Fired up enthusiastic group who clearly believe in themselves. Hopefully Griener can keep the group just that fired up by midway through the season.
When you're down the only place you can go is up,so what does you have to lose. To become good you must play good teams to see how they do it and if you have a decent detail and demanding coach you will get to the top in a few years. Some coaches can take average players and team and mold them into a good team. Some coaches just have the ability to do that which is a good thing.

Game day.. let's go.. Gaffney Indians are coming to town.. and yeah.. the big Booty Peach at the yellow mall on I- 85.. we play some decent football down here! Honored to come into the Queen City to play against a quality team with an all world RB!

Harding is nowhere near as good as they believe. They really struggled with a average Hough team. Elite teams would have had won by 4 TD's. They've played Garinger who has a 52 game losing streak and they beat up on West Charlotte who outside of beating Garinger has only put up 6 points the entire season. The RB will not play a down at the RB position in college. He's runs standing straight up, no hips and just bigger than all the Teams he's played. Runs straight down hill like a bulldozer. He's been running over little 170lb lb's. Not going to work against better teams. He's definitely not the top rb in the class of 2019. They have about 7 to 8 really good players, than there's a huge drop off. No depth. I commend Harding for scheduling these games, but you have to be realistic. I see Gaffney running away with this game.

I'm also a NC homer, but collectively outside of the elite NC teams. South Carolina programs are better coached. There's a reason they make double of what NC coaches make. This will be a huge coaching mismatch. If Harding is able to pull this off, it will be a huge statement for their program.​
Anything is possible on any given night but it's good for the program and the kids to grow and get better and build confident in themselves and their ability. They might lose big but in a year of two it will help them tremendously.

Guys from SC told me Gaffney was a contender to win it all SC 5A. Huge win for Hardin. Made me erase my previous post.:confused::confused:

Guys from SC told me Gaffney was a contender to win it all SC 5A. Huge win for Hardin. Made me erase my previous post.:confused::confused:
Ain't nothing like a dude who goes and erase his post. You talked that reckless trash, now you look like a dummy. Standby what you wrote, lets scroll by your expert thoughts genius. You said the Harding RB wasn't a real RB. Tell Gaffney defense he's not real. As he punished there front 7 everytime he touched it. Nespy I was wondering can you juggle too. Cause most clowns like you are muti- talented. You always have a friend thats wearing. Big red shoes, do you believe in magic. Nespy my #1 Bozo :D:D

Congratulations Harding Rams! I will be the first to say that I didn't see this coming.

I said I was west side from the beginning go back and read. Your homegirl Nepsy7 said different. The Westside is back like I said then.

Glad your back to posting. Need to clear up some things-

Last time I checked Mr. Westside Berry is on the Westside. I guess you dont claim them....LOL

If I remeber correctly the first team you were pounding your chest about was MT. Island. I had forgot about them because frankly nobody had ever heard of them but I happened to stumble across a score. Did your boys really give up 49 points to some team called Stuart the Mouse?? That had to be a typo right?

Lastly - Creek moved to 3-0 tonight. That means they would have to lose 5 of the last 8 games. You got my jersey ready?

I'm @ the House eating some Crow! :p:p:p
The funny thing about your post you erased. Is it was screenshot and all over twitter today. Nepsy your now famous, don't throw rocks and hide your hands. Stand by the ignorance you post. Ain't nothing like a know it all looking like a fool. Let me take a quote out of your deleted post. It went a little something like this. " I commend Harding on scheduling these games, but less be realistic. I see Gaffney running away with this one". Unquote... Same thing make you laugh will make you cry. Stick to being the mallard creeks Bobby Boshea, make sure their water is at 33°..

The funny thing about your post you erased. Is it was screenshot and all over twitter today. Nepsy your now famous, don't throw rocks and hide your hands. Stand by the ignorance you post. Ain't nothing like a know it all looking like a fool. Let me take a quote out of your deleted post. It went a little something like this. " I commend Harding on scheduling these games, but less be realistic. I see Gaffney running away with this one". Unquote... Same thing make you laugh will make you cry. Stick to being the mallard creeks Bobby Boshea, make sure their water is at 33°..

Speaking of know it all's looking like a fool. This sound familiar " Creek is just an average team", "They will lose 5 games". How bout " Scotland by 28"..........

Speaking of know it all's looking like a fool. This sound familiar " Creek is just an average team", "They will lose 5 games". How bout " Scotland by 28"..........
Your sitting pretty right now, Im not going erase my post. I'll stand corrected but your girl Denise7 she needs to quit it.... LMAO...

I wish I knew you was at the game last night. I was there standing at the fence, by concession stand. Watching Crouch punish Gaffney defenders, even after he cramped up.

Don't want to down play the win but most expect Gaffney to lose at least five games minimum. One Upstate football watcher thinks going 4-7 is not out of the question as they stand at 2-2 and face Hillcrest, Northwestern, Rock Hill, Boiling Springs, Dorman, Byrnes, and Spartanburg believing they could stumble in several of those games.

Last edited:
Congrats to Harding Rams.. wow.. those kids are athletes.. every time we had a man open in those last two drives, those kids would make up ground and make a play. That's something you only see from elite players. We'll see you next year at the Reservation in Gaffney.. it will be a great atmosphere. Crouch is the real deal those other rb's made the difference though... and Coaching!

I wish I knew you was at the game last night. I was there standing at the fence, by concession stand. Watching Crouch punish Gaffney defenders, even after he cramped up.

Come on now Richie, You know I love me some WESTSIDE BALL. Actually made two trips down Alleghany this week. Berry on Thursday night and HArding on Friday. I always look for the best game I can find on Friday nights. I wouldnt have been hard to find as I am pretty sure I was the only guy in a MC shirt in the place....LOL . I'm wondering if maybe you could head over to Berry with your lawnmower this week. Grass looks like it hasnt been cut since we were there in 2011. Help those WESTSIDE boys out.

As far as Crouch........he is a load and also seems like a great young man. I love the approach after scoring. Put ball on grass, point to the sky and jog off field. Refreshing.

Was thinking he would like very nice in a gold helmet with a shamrock on his shoulder in a couple of year. Can you put in a good word for me and God??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT