ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Shelby 28 Northside -6

Over and over when it comes to the state championship week us Cleveland county people tell those eastern bunch that they are going to get smacked around, and they say no this year we got you!

Here's my favorite quote from the eastern side clowns "We held the school of the blind to only 7 points and that the least they scored all year" and then a Cleveland county schools rolls into town and curb stomps them like they sole something!

Congrats Shelby I love seeing all the cleveland county teams rolling in the playoff (except Burns)!

Great job!

Great season, uh well 4 seasons by the Golden Lions- Congratulations.
I knew the Golden Lions would win but I knew the margin of victory would not be quite as great as some predicted.
Some posters were saying 4-5 touchdowns. I knew it wouldn't be quite that great for whatever reasons but I knew the Golden Lions would win comfortably\. For those who wanted 4-5 touchdowns a win is a win. Oh I can hear it now, it could of, should of, YOU WON. I remember one coach saying after a smaller margin of victory, "yall just want to win pretty, winning isn't enough" Again congratulations on a phenomenal run!

Congrats Lions, true to form.

Great season Monarchs, great 2nd half play. You are definitely the best team in the east.
Appreciate that man. A lot of things hurt us today but Shelby just being a great team was the biggest haha. A lot of people wouldn't say we are the best in the east. But thanks for agreeing with me haha

Appreciate that man. A lot of things hurt us today but Shelby just being a great team was the biggest haha. A lot of people wouldn't say we are the best in the east. But thanks for agreeing with me haha

Their teams would have lost by alot more. I was impressed with the 2nd half play. At 2A, you have to play perfect to beat Shelby most nights anyway. With turnovers and penalties NS still kept it close in the 2nd half against the best team in 2A.

Their teams would have lost by alot more. I was impressed with the 2nd half play. At 2A, you have to play perfect to beat Shelby most nights anyway. With turnovers and penalties NS still kept it close in the 2nd half against the best team in 2A.
Yea I wish we could have played a full game. But it doesn't work out sometimes and to beat Shelby you have to play a full game and no mistakes haha and hope Shelby messes up. I'm happy we ended the game strong

Reactions: Chopper747
Shelby could have scored at end coach Ware was running clock and wasnt trying to score. Plus Shelby had alot of drops , that could have easy been Td.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Shelltown we have 7 games in conf play, then Crest, Burns, Km thats 10 plus Ac thats 11 just like this year

Over and over when it comes to the state championship week us Cleveland county people tell those eastern bunch that they are going to get smacked around, and they say no this year we got you!

Here's my favorite quote from the eastern side clowns "We held the school of the blind to only 7 points and that the least they scored all year" and then a Cleveland county schools rolls into town and curb stomps them like they sole something!

Congrats Shelby I love seeing all the cleveland county teams rolling in the playoff (except Burns)!

Great job!
you can congratulate Shelby on a very impressive win, and season(s), and still do it without all the negativity. no need in the continued bashing of the Eastern teams. just saying. and btw, congratulates Shelby, you are definitely the best 2A team in the state, and one of the very best overall as well.

Chopper, Northside won the eastern championship; the best team in the east? That doesn't mean that, Clinton beat them 35-15 regular season, it should have been at least that 3rd round but Northside played better that night. Clinton had the most potential weapons of any Clinton team in a long time, I know, Ive seen the last 40, but sometimes the best team doesn't win. Hats off to Shelby but eventuall Shelby will experience that. Shelby's the champion, that's undisputed. Northside, made a nice run for a 6th seed in a 8 team bracket.

young gun12, your Monarchs made a great playoff run!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT