ADVERTISEMENT

2A Davidson County to have plenty of new coaches next year

They are not supposed to be able to. But they can have a data manager at the school pull athlete grades. So they CAN still grab access if they deem to.

Heard from inside sources-East Davidson has been been telling Davidson County HR they want the job posted for over a month or more. HR keeps saying Oak Grove must be filled first. They still have the softball job posted for Oak Grove, but aside from that the other positions should not have any correlation on two basketball positions (East Davidson and North Davidson), as they are coaching positions. Someone who wants one of those is not going to apply for a teacher position at Oak Grove without waiting for those basketball positions to see what happens. This is a giant mess from the beginning, and shows the disconnect that Davidson County HR has with athletics at the high school level.

East and North are both going to almost have to hire non-facility coaches at this point. As both schools have almost no teaching openings... on a high note West has started interviews for its head coaching job.

ND should have a few one would think due to Oak Grove but then again....might not need as many due to less students in upcoming 9th grade class due to Oak Grove. What will ND due with surplus of teachers and extra classrooms once enrollment drops significantly as becoming a 2A school?

ND should have a few one would think due to Oak Grove but then again....might not need as many due to less students in upcoming 9th grade class due to Oak Grove. What will ND due with surplus of teachers and extra classrooms once enrollment drops significantly as becoming a 2A school?
Well Oak Grove going to need teachers other than Coaches and there will be a surplus at ND and Ledford. Oak Grove was built to relieve overcrowding at both schools, so I doubt there will be extra classrooms either. Most schools I have been in in most counties are using storage rooms for classrooms or they look like a trailer park.

Oak Grove boys coach is non-faculty. What I'm saying is if ND drops to 2A they will drop significant in student total number which means less teachers needed and if it has that many classrooms some would have to be empty eventually? I could be missing something though.

Class sizes will be smaller at North. Some teachers will have to be cut back, but I dont think it will be in big numbers, and it will be a steady transition over the next 3 years. So it wont be an all at once thing.

Meaning they should dominate in a lot of sports for the next 3 years?
West Davidson job isn't posted any longer, any one know who they interviewed or hired?

I'm sure it has been covered. Are students other than Seniors allowed to finish at ND and Ledford.

Teams are comprised of more than a few individuals. Can someone explain why ND can't have much success in basketball? Is there no support?

From what I've seen of North over the years it boils down to this... they have been dealing with 2A talent at the 4A level... I think North SHOULD see in increase in basketball success at the 2A level, but I could be wrong.

From what I've seen of North over the years it boils down to this... they have been dealing with 2A talent at the 4A level... I think North SHOULD see in increase in basketball success at the 2A level, but I could be wrong.

Don't agree. A lot of that talent will go to Oak Grove. That's why the football coach that has had a lot of success at North Davidson went to Oak Grove. He knows they will get a lot of those athletes.

But for next year I think North will be fine, and should have a better record(depending on the new coach). Less athletes, but being down from 4A to 2A it will even out

I haven't over the past year, that is why I'm asking. Can you provide which ones as I previously asked?

Davidson County HR doesn't have it together enough. West will end up hiring a teacher, but as for East and North? Those 3 will come down to which one is best as an off campus coach most likely.

Why are we being told what can and can't be discussed in a thread?
This thread is about Davidson county coaches. And when possible transfers happen you can then talk about it. This is for respect to each school and players.

Players can't transfer unless parents pack up and move... and I don't see parents doing that just for the sake of HS athletics. It doesn't happen that often anymore, and when it does most of the parents lie.

Over a month ago someone I know called Davidson County HR and they said the jobs would be posted within 2 weeks. 6 weeks have now passed. HR and those above them must really be clueless about the importance of strong athletics.

From what I've heard from friends he seems to be an upstanding young guy. West loves hiring young coaches, so could work out. Charlotte Meck is a tough basketball community.

East Davidson still with no job posted nor North Davidson boys and girls jobs...Davidson county schools HR should see this thread to understand what a mess they are making. Clearly no competent person who has ever been a strong supporter of high school sports works in the administration or county office. If so, they must be apathetic.

It's a miracle! Both jobs at North Davidson have been posted with teaching TBD. A few jobs posted at the HS as well but doesn't really help many candidates.

Business, EC, and humanities teaching openings for North. I'm about 90% sure East high won't have any openings. Some will come up at the middle school

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT