ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - another solid season

I doubt it y'all's adm numbers are to close to ours. Unless y'all get burke county to redraw school lines to even up all y'all's schools then u probably gonna be seeing maiden for a while 🤣🤣. Now if y'all could even up numbers y'all could try for a burke and Caldwell county conference lol
Can put them in a foard, west Caldwell, draughn ,Patton and 2 or 3 others in one conference

And on the subject of awards the kid that really got screwed was Jordan lineberger he was hands down defensive player of the year in CVAC

I doubt it y'all's adm numbers are to close to ours. Unless y'all get burke county to redraw school lines to even up all y'all's schools then u probably gonna be seeing maiden for a while 🤣🤣. Now if y'all could even up numbers y'all could try for a burke and Caldwell county conference lol
It will be instresting to see what happens not running from competition? Just would like to see all Burke county Caldwell county teams in same conference!!

Seems like only area in Catawba county not growing is Fred t Foard lol. Very possible every high school in the county could be over 900 kids next year. Maiden new housing development or possible developments will push our numbers up soon

Hoping the new conf alignment takes us EB out of the CVAC conference. We don’t have the athletes to compete with some of the teams in this conference just look at secondary speed this year!!
We were told repeatedly EB had a good track team and that speed would equate to the gridiron and wins.

Reactions: beamer24
Which number are you anticipating the break being near? Land is being cleared off on the edge of Lincolnton that looks like it's the size of Maiden. Heard students were going to attend Lincolnton High School.
Does not mean that enough 14-18 years old will be ready to attend LHS before the next conference realignment.

Seems like only area in Catawba county not growing is Fred t Foard lol. Very possible every high school in the county could be over 900 kids next year. Maiden new housing development or possible developments will push our numbers up soon
I actually was going to look at that new development to live in for myself but the price o was told was not affordable 😂

Lol lincolnton is the transfer kings 🤣 their best defensive player came from Newton Conover 🤣 and their left tackle went all labron James on Twitter and announced to the whole world he was taking his talents from Fred t Foard to lincolnton 🤣🤣🤣 @Lincolnton 🤣🤣🤣
One of the most overused words in political discussions on TV is the word "Gaslighting". ☝️That is what it looks like.

This one is the Dr Horton development as u come into maiden on left
Doctor Horton ? Sounds more like something from Dr. Seuss: "Everyone seemed to be yapping or yipping! Everyone seemed to be beeping or bipping! All this ruckus, all this roar! He had to find someone to help him make more. "

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lincolnton surprised you didn't use the opportunity to break into a soliloquy about the 1944 film Gaslight starring Ingrid Berman and a young Angela Lansbury.
LHSfaninVA, I didn't know you liked the old classics. Just goes to show that us Lincolnton guys are cultured... Saw it a long time ago. Her old man tried to make her believe she was going crazy. I think Ingrid Bergman won an academy award for best actress.:)

Reactions: FormerDog38
LHSfaninVA, I didn't know you liked the old classics. Just goes to show that us Lincolnton guys are cultured... Saw it a long time ago. Her old man tried to make her believe she was going crazy. I think Ingrid Bergman won an academy award for best actress.:)
A few months ago I was in a hotel and came across this movie on AMC called Wild Boys of the Road. It is straight wild! Everyone go look it up. It just kept getting crazier and crazier and I needed to go bed.

A few months ago I was in a hotel and came across this movie on AMC called Wild Boys of the Road. It is straight wild! Everyone go look it up. It just kept getting crazier and crazier and I needed to go bed.
Thanks for the information LHSfaninVA, I looked it up. It's a depression era movie. Hadn't heard of it.

Newton is getting an 107 luxury apartment complex downtown near courthouse. With restaurant in the bottom and parking garage. And a new housing development on corner of Mt olive Church Rd and hwy 16 bypass but that will fall in bandy's school district by a quarter of a mile.

Reactions: Lincolnton
AMD, I don’t use social media. Where I worked it was frowned upon so I never got in the routine of it.. Can provide an email if it would help.

We were told repeatedly EB had a good track team and that speed would equate to the gridiron and wins.
Yeah if they stayed injury free. No guarantee that our track speed would get the wins but it’d kept us alive. Top 3 fastest guys was hurt and out by 3rd or 4th game all together. One don’t even run track but he needs to and he was out for season at the Patton game. After this year the speed will be down and so will the track team. Losing way too much tallent on that track team. One guy will be good for years to come if he works at it. Track Team as a whole ehhh not looking good in 24’-25’. Might be a few come around but it won’t be anything like it was last year and this coming spring. Not for a good while

Yeah if they stayed injury free. No guarantee that our track speed would get the wins but it’d kept us alive. Top 3 fastest guys was hurt and out by 3rd or 4th game all together. One don’t even run track but he needs to and he was out for season at the Patton game. After this year the speed will be down and so will the track team. Losing way too much tallent on that track team. One guy will be good for years to come if he works at it. Track Team as a whole ehhh not looking good in 24’-25’. Might be a few come around but it won’t be anything like it was last year and this coming spring. Not for a good while

worst thing is EB don't have new housing anywhere like all the Catawba area does. No new people moving in the rural areas tough place to get athlete's. Everything has to go perfect to win ball games!!

Reactions: Burkeforreal
Someone told me KJ Byrd signed to go to Louisville for track. Fraley I hadn’t heard yet but it’ll be somewere big for track. 2 EB track legends that could make things happen on the gridiron as well.

Yeah after these 2 leave the track team be lucky to finish outside of the bottom in conference bout every year.

Willis runs for BH and didn’t do bad at all as a soph. Look for some fun 100M races between him and Rees of EB this spring and next.

worst thing is EB don't have new housing anywhere like all the Catawba area does. No new people moving in the rural areas tough place to get athlete's. Everything has to go perfect to win ball games!!
Absolutely, and when we vented bout the injuries and it causing our hopes to get dashed and they did and knowing we don’t get players like Byrd and Fraley and Bostian and Dellinger etc every year it just adds to the fire and we get put down for saying anything bout it lol.

Last edited:
Absolutely, and when we vented bout the injuries and it causing our hopes to get dashed and they did and knowing we don’t get players like Byrd and Fraley and Bostian and Dellinger etc every year it just adds to the fire and we get put down for saying anything bout it lol.
I know everybody looks for excuses when they lose it was just a crazy year just can’t understand how so many freak things happen. KJ was rolling out for a pass and was fell on by a maiden tackler and out for the year. Just was a bad luck season JV had no injuries go figure we will be back I think with a competitive team next year!!Buff step on his on player out for the year you can’t make this stuff up on well on to the future!! Enough about a crazy season!!

Reactions: Burkeforreal
I know everybody looks for excuses when they lose it was just a crazy year just can’t understand how so many freak things happen. KJ was rolling out for a pass and was fell on by a maiden tackler and out for the year. Just was a bad luck season JV had no injuries go figure we will be back I think with a competitive team next year!!Buff step on his on player out for the year you can’t make this stuff up on well on to the future!! Enough about a crazy season!!
Crazy season indeed. I am kinda liking the new format as far as the 8As but over in that discussion there’s not hardly anyone to qualify for 1A, they’d have 80 kids or less up in the Hollar in some mtn ha ha

It’s confusing it really is but EB in 4A they won’t have to go to big cities and stuff so I like their chances. I don’t know how it’s gonna go down.

So, on to women’s basketball lol. Only sport EB has that goes over .500 til spring as far as I know but I’m always open for correction

It's not us putting y'all down for injuries they happen and can effect a season we had them on our team that hurt too. It's just y'all beat it like a dead horse and it got redundant. We probably would of never said much if y'all would of finally buried that poor dead horse 🤣. But we still like y'all 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT