ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022

🤷🏼‍♂️Have to ask someone who knows. I can tell you a lot about cheeseburgers, though

Lincolnton is prolly all over it, but he's known to keep a mean secret.
Hate to hear that a lot of change tends to run kids off from a program or make them lose interest in the sport at that school. I wonder as your neighborly Northern neighbors if we could benefit any from that 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
Serious question, 😉. When a kid transfers, doesn't move into school district, what do they put on the transfer request? Do they try to utilize academic classes that their school may not have or what? I assume it is easier to transfer in middle school rather than High. Just curious with all this transfer portal stuff happening right now in college. Also, are there some counties in NC that have open enrollment (select which school you want to go to)?

Last edited:
Serious question, 😉. When a kid transfers, doesn't move into school district, what do they put on the transfer request? Do they try to utilize academic classes that their school may not have or what? I assume it is easier to transfer in middle school rather than High. Just curious with all this transfer portal stuff happening right now in college.
Northern neighbors, can you help our friend with this question?

Serious question, 😉. When a kid transfers, doesn't move into school district, what do they put on the transfer request? Do they try to utilize academic classes that their school may not have or what? I assume it is easier to transfer in middle school rather than High. Just curious with all this transfer portal stuff happening right now in college. Also, are there some counties in NC that have open enrollment (select which school you want to go to)?
My understanding is NC doesn't have open enrollment. Now some counties may turn a blind eye or have no official issues with it. Now that's how independence and other schools get into trouble having players not living in district. And that's why maiden isn't a recruiter school. Our players actually moved into the district and live in the lines. 😉🤣🤣

Well Catawba County does have a transfer policy that is first come first serve you have to put in an application and be approved by the school board. I would go to reasoning you shouldn't put Athletics as a reason your best chance would be a program at that school that may not be offered at another school. And out of County transfers I think have to pay around $1,800 in tuition per year

"Transfers will be accepted through an application process that is strictly first-come, first-served, based on availability at each school. To be eligible, families must complete the online application form that is automatically time-stamped."

REQUEST TRANSFER
I copied and pasted this from Catawba county school website

"Transfers will be accepted through an application process that is strictly first-come, first-served, based on availability at each school. To be eligible, families must complete the online application form and must be an elite athlete in at least one sport, preferably football "

REQUEST TRANSFER
I copied and pasted this from Catawba county school website
Question answered!

Don't know how to add screenshots but if you look on the link on the top of two a forum it has Fred t Ford 934 students and Newton Conover has $943
I believe the kids that go to Discovery High school are included in that number…..there’s over 200 kids that go there.

Newton’s ADM is really in the mid 700 range for classification purposes as I understand it.

Reactions: beamer24
I have read on other threads where some counties in NC allow open enrollment. I’m sure there are stipulations that have to be met but moving inside that particular school district is not required.

I believe the kids that go to Discovery High school are included in that number…..there’s over 200 kids that go there.

Newton’s ADM is really in the mid 700 range for classification purposes as I understand it.
The students at Discovery high School still play athletics at newton Conover high school so in my opinion they should be counted in the Adm since they play athletics there

All they really did was take the gifted students and move them to a different building from the commoners 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
All they really did was take the gifted students and move them to a different building from the commoners 🤣🤣
Whoa now!…..get your arse back in the huddle!

I know a little girl that’s near and dear to my heart that went to Discovery and she is from Maiden. I figure there’s kids from all over the county that go there…..not just Newton….which is why I believe those kids are not counted.

Discovery is a great school.

The students at Discovery high School still play athletics at newton Conover high school so in my opinion they should be counted in the Adm since they play athletics there
There are, in fact, about 750 students at N-C. The kids at Discovery that live in N-C's district are the only ones that are allowed to play sports at N-C. If you come from anywhere else you would have to go back and play sports at your home school. This is obviously why they no longer count Discovery students toward classification assignment.

Hibriten has a similar situation they have about 800 students on campus and another 150 at the early college. The early college students from Hibriten can play sports but only about 3% do but it counts towards our adms.

You’re a class act, there, AMD, You definitely got the gift. I’m wondering if you might have been the Lord’s model when he said “Blessed are the meek”... Frankly, and just between us, you really should start coming out of your shell a little, and heck, just say what’s on your mind.

Whoa now!…..get your arse back in the huddle!

I know a little girl that’s near and dear to my heart that went to Discovery and she is from Maiden. I figure there’s kids from all over the county that go there…..not just Newton….which is why I believe those kids are not counted.

Discovery is a great school.
LOL it's not a bad thing I did say gifted students. That's not really a slight. 🤣

Lol I think I was more applying that to the ones who have 4 classes a day and 1 is p.e. and another is weight training. Lol with a possible auto shop 🤣🤣🤣
LOL, hey, talking about outstanding students, I personally knew a man who was kicked out of Lincolnton, Maiden and Newton-Conover in the same year. That would've been in the middle 1950's. Think he said the principal at Maiden was a Mr. Shepherd who asked him once what his ultimate goal was. He told him it was to own a 1955 Porsche Spyder, like James Dean drove.
This guy said when he got kicked out of Maiden, his daddy told Mr. Shepherd he regretted not flushing him down the commode when he was born.

Side note: James Dean was a 1950's version of the tough guy and rebellious youth with the leather jacket and cigarette. He was the model for the character Fonzie on "Happy Days". :)

LOL, hey, talking about outstanding students, I personally knew a man who was kicked out of Lincolnton, Maiden and Newton-Conover in the same year. That would've been in the middle 1950's. Think he said the principal at Maiden was a Mr. Shepherd who asked him once what his ultimate goal was. He told him it was to own a 1955 Porsche Spyder, like James Dean drove.
This guy said when he got kicked out of Maiden, his daddy told Mr. Shepherd he regretted not flushing him down the commode when he was born.

Side note: James Dean was a 1950's version of the tough guy and rebellious youth with the leather jacket and cigarette. He was the model for the character Fonzie on "Happy Days". :)

I have one semester at Maiden where my first class today was home ec. So pretty much the everyday we made breakfast or cook something to eat. Then at the end of the day I had he so finished my day up with games of basketball. And here's a shocker for everybody probably there was never a end of grade testing I took where I didn't finish in the top 5% of the state. 🤯

It’s come to this for me as well sir…
Someone used one of those thingys with a quote from the Blues Brothers in another thread and I mentioned I saw the movie in initial release…
Not even sure the young fella knew what movie the quote was from…
Sigh…
PS: You do know most have no idea what Happy Days was much less James Dean don’t you???
Sigh again…

It’s come to this for me as well sir…
Someone used one of those thingys with a quote from the Blues Brothers in another thread and I mentioned I saw the movie in initial release…
Not even sure the young fella knew what movie the quote was from…
Sigh…
PS: You do know most have no idea what Happy Days was much less James Dean don’t you???
Sigh again…
You mean he’s not the sausage guy????

AMD, what's an end of grade test. It sounds like an exam given in a school of mortuary science. If it's a comprehensive test given on all subjects it doesn't surprise me you scored so high. That's why I know you'd be able to handle some high paying, high tech tech executive job.

thekidd12, it's good to hear from you, my friend. Seems like I been ending the football season with meaningless drivel for way too long. When I mentioned Happy Days I wondered if anyone born in the last fifty years would know what that was. Seems like last week to me.

ocdavis31, it's always good to hear from you... When I was a kid a family lived near me that had several daughters, and a son, too, he was my age. I would go to their home to visit him. One of the daughters was considerably older than me, and had become a little rebellious.
Once, when I went there this older daughter was having one of those episodes. She was yelling at the rest of the family and swearing and threatening to run off to California. The mother was upbraiding her for her bad behavior. The daughter blurted out that "When James Dean died, I guess you could say I died". When she said that the mother picked up a broom and went to whooping her on the back with it.
That was an eventful day for her brother and I. Thinking back, if she would have been as taken with the sausage man Jimmy Dean as she was with James Dean, I don't believe she would have been as rebellious.:)

AMD, what's an end of grade test. It sounds like an exam given in a school of mortuary science. If it's a comprehensive test given on all subjects it doesn't surprise me you scored so high. That's why I know you'd be able to handle some high paying, high tech tech executive job.

thekidd12, it's good to hear from you, my friend. Seems like I been ending the football season with meaningless drivel for way too long. When I mentioned Happy Days I wondered if anyone born in the last fifty years would know what that was. Seems like last week to me.

ocdavis31, it's always good to hear from you... When I was a kid a family lived near me that had several daughters, and a son, too, he was my age. I would go to their home to visit him. One of the daughters was considerably older than me, and had become a little rebellious.
Once, when I went there this older daughter was having one of those episodes. She was yelling at the rest of the family and swearing and threatening to run off to California. The mother was upbraiding her for her bad behavior. The daughter blurted out that "When James Dean died, I guess you could say I died". When she said that the mother picked up a broom and went to whooping her on the back with it.
That was an eventful day for her brother and I. Thinking back, if she would have been as taken with the sausage man Jimmy Dean as she was with James Dean, I don't believe she would have been as rebellious.:)
And you too, Lincolnton!
Had one of those in my house growing up. But he wanted to be Bob Dylan.
Are you headed to Raleigh? If asked, you could say I’m pulling for East. You’’d be a winner either way, whether it be by name or geography. Of course, I think I know who you’re really pulling for in that 3A game.
Take care, my friend.

And you too, Lincolnton!
Had one of those in my house growing up. But he wanted to be Bob Dylan.
Are you headed to Raleigh? If asked, you could say I’m pulling for East. You’’d be a winner either way, whether it be by name or geography. Of course, I think I know who you’re really pulling for in that 3A game.
Take care, my friend.
You're right about, my friend, but no, I'm staying here. I have NFHS.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT