ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - Week 10

I think LHS leads the overall series but here of late Maiden has dominated. This is Lincolnton’s biggest rivalry bc East Lincoln was not all that until Coach Byus in 2005 turned that program around . Just the Wolves can get a victory in the” Biggest Little Football Town in the World “
A victory tonight would be huge for our program. We will need to eliminate silly penalties and play mistake free ball to have a chance. I hope that Coach comes out tonight aggressive.

With our variety of uniforms, I think a blue turf (Boise state) is the final upgrade to make us the most envied program in the area. We would be the program everyone wants to play at even more 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Predictions:

Simmons:
EB @ WL = WL by 21
L @ M = M by 17
N @ BH = BH by 17
WC @ B = B by 33

CalPreps:
EB @ WL = WL by 13
L @ M = M by 7
N @ BH = BH by 10
WC @ B = B by 30

Massey:
EB @ WL = WL by 21
L @ M = M by 22
N @ BH = BH by 7
WC @ B = B by 28

Average Computer Prediction:
WL by 18 over EB
M by 15 over L
BH by 11 over N
B by 30 over WC

I believe all these games will be closer than predicted.

Predictions:

Simmons:
EB @ WL = WL by 21
L @ M = M by 17
N @ BH = BH by 17
WC @ B = B by 33

CalPreps:
EB @ WL = WL by 13
L @ M = M by 7
N @ BH = BH by 10
WC @ B = B by 30

Massey:
EB @ WL = WL by 21
L @ M = M by 22
N @ BH = BH by 7
WC @ B = B by 28

Average Computer Prediction:
WL by 18 over EB
M by 15 over L
BH by 11 over N
B by 30 over WC

I believe all these games will be closer than predicted.
I sound like a hater. I am not, but I will take the alternate line provided by Massey and take MBD laying the 22. Now, I will go find my slingshot.

I have always said that Maiden is our biggest rival. The East Lincoln rivalry just is not the same anymore with all of the growth on that end of the county, you do not have kids growing up playing with or against each other like in the past to add to the intensity. We still have that with Maiden.
Von Ray Harris once said it best to a reporter when asked if Maiden was Lincolnton biggest rival. He answer was "No we hate everyone they are just the next one we have to play"

Last edited:
To me...there is no other county line opponent matchup like the Maiden/Lincolnton games. We always play each other tough and beat up on each other in cycles it seems. Two accomplished championship programs, rich in tradition and community.

There should be a trophy to play for...maybe take a chunk of asphalt from 321, mold it into a football shape, and stick it on a stand..."Turn out for the Burn out - Maiden VS Lincolnton for the HWY321 trophy - Where the rubber meets the road"

Since 2004:
M and L have met 21 times: 18 regular season matchups and 3 playoff games
M leads series 11-10 overall; M leads 7-2 as conf opp; L leads 2-1 in playoff matchups
Games at Maiden: M leads 5-4
Games at Linc: Tied 6-6
M has outscored L 535-527 (avg of 25-25)(hard numbers are actually 25.5-25.1)
M has kept L to 1 score or less 5 times, 2 of those were shutouts
L has kept M to 1 score or less 3 times
There have been 5 of these games decided by 1 score or less
Lincolnton's last win versus Maiden was 37-12 in 2015

Since 2016, Coach Byrne:
Is 6-0 versus L, all being conference games
2-0 at home, 4-0 away
Has outscored L 214-98 (avg 36-16)
Highest scoring game: M 65-47
Lowest scoring game: M 13-0
L kept to 1 score or less 3 times with 1 shutout

It's 2022 CVAC, both teams are capable of winning this game. If any team can knock us off our game, it'd be Lincolnton. Last year they ground&pound for 3 quarters and kept our offense off the field. Kept the game closer than it could have been. More than talent, this game will come down to game plan. Lincolnton will bring their best, we can't waste any offensive possessions and our defense should give no quarter.

I won't be there tonight for our Senior Night as much as I want to be. It's my nephews Senior Night with Bandys...so I'll get to see that barn-burner against West Caldwell 🤮. I wish the best for both teams tonight, play safe.

Play violent through the whistle, keep your head on a swivel, and LET THE SMOKE ROOOLLLLLL!!!
*M has outscored L 535-527 (avg of 25-25)(hard numbers are actually 25.5-25.1)
*Lowest scoring game: M 13-0

My friend, as always, I thank you for your selflessness and for going to the trouble of providing your fellow NC Preps readers with interesting stats, and I'm satisfied that you're the kind of person who would rather give than to receive.

Respectfully, I'm getting a slightly different number on the point totals. Mine is 532 Maiden to 527 Lincolnton, which would only have the very slightest effect on the hard numbers making it 25.3. Maiden. If my numbers are correct, and granted, I trust your calculations over mine, the totaling of points scored by both teams would be 1,059, which would balance. Somewhere , I figure I've made a mistake, if so, please straighten me out.

The other insignificant stat would be on lowest scoring game. In 2012, it looks like Lincolnton defeated Maiden 9-7. Again, I shouldn't be surprised if I've made a misinterpretation of this category.

*My source is MaxPreps.

*Disclaimer 1: As a friend and admirer of your work, if you disagree, without either of us doing any further calculations, I would defer.

*Disclaimer 2: Should you wonder or mind if I'm being picky, here, and looking to gain any edge for Lincolnton, whatever it might be, that would be yes.

• Haha
[COLOR=%s]*M has outscored L 535-527 (avg of 25-25)(hard numbers are actually 25.5-25.1)
*Lowest scoring game: M 13-0[/COLOR]

[COLOR=%s]My friend, as always, I thank you for your selflessness and for going to the trouble of providing your fellow NC Preps readers with interesting stats, and I'm satisfied that you're the kind of person who would rather give than to receive.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=%s]Respectfully, I'm getting a slightly different number on the point totals. Mine is 532 Maiden to 527 Lincolnton, which would only have the very slightest effect on the hard numbers making it 25.3. Maiden. If my numbers are correct, and granted, I trust your calculations over mine, the totaling of points scored by both teams would be 1,059, which would balance. Somewhere , I figure I've made a mistake, if so, please straighten me out.

The other insignificant stat would be on lowest scoring game. In 2012, it looks like Lincolnton defeated Maiden 9-7. Again, I shouldn't be surprised if I've made a misinterpretation of this category.

*My source is MaxPreps.

*Disclaimer 1: As a friend and admirer of your work, if you disagree, without either of us doing any further calculations, I would defer.

*Disclaimer 2: Should you wonder or mind if I'm being picky, here, and looking to gain any edge for Lincolnton, whatever it might be, that would be yes.
[/COLOR]
Couple more hours till we put those shock collars on some wolves and tame them 😂🤣🤣

• Haha
The other insignificant stat would be on lowest scoring game. In 2012, it looks like Lincolnton defeated Maiden 9-7. Again, I shouldn't be surprised if I've made a misinterpretation of this category
**I was using the combined points total Mr. Lincolnton. 13 points total on the game I listed...16 points total on the game you listed.

Respectfully, I'm getting a slightly different number on the point totals. Mine is 532 Maiden to 527 Lincolnton, which would only have the very slightest effect on the hard numbers making it 25.3. Maiden. If my numbers are correct, and granted, I trust your calculations over mine, the totaling of points scored by both teams would be 1,059, which would balance. Somewhere , I figure I've made a mistake, if so, please straighten me out.
**You are correct. I had Maiden scoring 24 points in the 2011 playoff loss instead of 21 points. The 3-point difference lines are figures up the same.

The other insignificant stat would be on lowest scoring game. In 2012, it looks like Lincolnton defeated Maiden 9-7. Again, I shouldn't be surprised if I've made a misinterpretation of this category
**I was using the combined points total Mr. Lincolnton. 13 points total on the game I listed...16 points total on the game you listed.

**You are correct. I had Maiden scoring 24 points in the 2011 playoff loss instead of 21 points. The 3-point difference lines are figures up the same.
Thank you, my friend. I figured you might have meant fewest points scored. Thanks.

Last edited:
Couple more hours till we put those shock collars on some wolves and tame them 😂🤣🤣
I hear you Satan. Having to come up there I don't want to say too much and make you mad. You might hunt me down and force me to tell you where I live. Then, you'd drive through my living room in a 1965 Buick Riviera.

• Haha
Did George Washington quit?….knowing he had to cross the South Fork river?

Hell NO!

😂😂😂….it’s on!

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
Did George Washington quit?….knowing he had to cross the South Fork river?

Hell NO!

😂😂😂….it’s on!
Shhhhhhhh, my friend please. We got West Lincoln next week, here, and words like that might pump them up even more. All they know about us is that we're the heathen what lives across the South Fork River.

• Haha
@Lincolnton remember big guy with big beard in a big dog hoodie at the tunnel around 7:15pm (work till 7pm) you will see I'm not as scary as you imagine 🤣🤣🤣 maybe 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

Reactions: Lincolnton
-"I would refuse to walk ahead of you my friend unless there was danger to the front".

Bless you my friend.

"@Lincolnton remember big guy with big beard in a big dog hoodie at the tunnel around 7:15pm (work till 7pm) you will see I'm not as scary as you imagine 🤣🤣🤣 maybe 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣".

-AMD, I won't forget, I'll be looking. If I could get down there on to the field I'd come over and shake your hand. I'd be honored to meet who maybe the hardest working man in this corner of the state.

-"I would refuse to walk ahead of you my friend unless there was danger to the front".

Bless you my friend.

"@Lincolnton remember big guy with big beard in a big dog hoodie at the tunnel around 7:15pm (work till 7pm) you will see I'm not as scary as you imagine 🤣🤣🤣 maybe 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣".

-AMD, I won't forget, I'll be looking. If I could get down there on to the field I'd come over and shake your hand. I'd be honored to meet who maybe the hardest working man in this corner of the state.
I'll meet u at halftime.by the visitor concession stand

Scorestream has it 35-6 west Lincoln
Yeah I just saw that. Every game I don’t make
It to I ask then I realize we’ll duh there’s scorestream I can look at. Well, sounds like a good combo of WL playing their best game and EB just layed down. I mean like really layed down. Said the heck with it. It’s not like high school gets a first round middle school draft pick if they lose. Looks like Lincolnton not doing very well either. Lots of crazy games tonight going lope sided

Yeah I just saw that. Every game I don’t make
It to I ask then I realize we’ll duh there’s scorestream I can look at. Well, sounds like a good combo of WL playing their best game and EB just layed down. I mean like really layed down. Said the heck with it. It’s not like high school gets a first round middle school draft pick if they lose. Looks like Lincolnton not doing very well either. Lots of crazy games tonight going lope sided
UnFortunately West Lincoln is just a better version of what y'all are. I Did think it would be a little bit closer game though

UnFortunately West Lincoln is just a better version of what y'all are. I Did think it would be a little bit closer game though
I think we all thought that. Close game last year and last 2 games EB played was close. I mean good grief what’s going on out there in Vale. BurkeCountyMan- report!!! What’s going on dude

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT