ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - Week 10

Score stream has 42 to 6 last time I looked. Running clock right now I’m sure. I was gonna go but watched a livestream of Shining Light Baptist Drexel. Y’all got FB go to their FB page and listen to Barry Spears. THAT was a sermon I’m telling ya. Glad I stayed for that and not went to that massacre in Vale. God and Church comes first in my life just saying. But yeah y’all check that out.. Got a headache and watching the youngins tonight so that’s what I did

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Score stream has 42 to 6 last time I looked. Running clock right now I’m sure. I was gonna go but watched a livestream of Shining Light Baptist Drexel. Y’all got FB go to their FB page and listen to Barry Spears. THAT was a sermon I’m telling ya. Glad I stayed for that and not went to that massacre in Vale. God and Church comes first in my life just saying. But yeah y’all check that out.. Got a headache and watching the youngins tonight so that’s what I did
Got to be a 40 point spread before running clock starts

Got to be a 40 point spread before running clock starts
Shoot they might as well start it now lol. Looking like West might have that one win next week. There’s got to be guys hurt tonight for EB or they came into the game with no giggy up and no care. I mean this is crazy.

Final score Maiden 35. Lincolnton 13, unfortunately it could have been worse. A big congratulations to a complete and and outstanding Blue Devil team. Also congratulations to MC, Griz, AMD, whom I was glad to have met, tonight and to the Maiden faithful in general. Best of luck from here on.
Hope our guys will keep their heads up as we lost to a really good team. As always, thanks for the effort.
GO Wolves

Final score Maiden 35. Lincolnton 13, unfortunately it could have been worse. A big congratulations to a complete and and outstanding Blue Devil team. Also congratulations to MC, Griz, AMD, whom I was glad to have met, tonight and to the Maiden faithful in general. Best of luck from here on.
Hope our guys will keep their heads up as we lost to a really good team. As always, thanks for the effort.
GO Wolves
Nice meeting you also. A real honor.

GO Wolves
Also @Lincolnton I'm not as scary in person as I sound 🤣🤣

Same here AMD. Honored to have met you, and no, you aren’t as scary as your posts might indicate, actually you’re an impressive looking young man, but I still wouldn’t want to make you mad. :)
Kinda curious y'all had some big boys on y'all's team especially lineman. But I noticed little 69 and 61 we're starters. Are the big guys worse than the 2 little guys ?? 🤣

Lincolnton has a fence around their field…wishing Maiden would do that and allow us to stand on the fence like the old days.
Prolly never happen though.

I noticed Lincolntons’ visitor side concrete bleachers had been pressured washed….they were shining like a new penny last night. It was amazing how much better it looked.

You know…when you’re down there at night….it’s like sleepy hollow…I looked for Ichabod Crane….but I heard he had to make a late run to the Supermarket!😂😂

Go! Boom Devils!❤️
That ain't right!

I wasn’t at any game tonight so not much input. BurkeCountyMan musta not been at the game. Sleeping on the job I guess lol. Well who woulda knew, EB almost beats a team that beat WL only to lose to WL by a HUGE margin. Biggest in the conf next West Caldwell scores. Did those boys go out there and not even try?

EB carries more speed than WL overall and prob a few more athletes. You’ll see what I’m talking bout when they step out on the track this March.

Lincolnton has a fence around their field…wishing Maiden would do that and allow us to stand on the fence like the old days.
Prolly never happen though.

I noticed Lincolntons’ visitor side concrete bleachers had been pressured washed….they were shining like a new penny last night. It was amazing how much better it looked.

You know…when you’re down there at night….it’s like sleepy hollow…I looked for Ichabod Crane….but I heard he had to make a late run to the Supermarket!😂😂

Go! Boom Devils!❤️
..."I noticed Lincolntons’ visitor side concrete bleachers had been pressured washed….they were shining like a new penny last night. It was amazing how much better it looked.

You know…when you’re down there at night….it’s like sleepy hollow…I looked for Ichabod Crane….but I heard he had to make a late run to the Supermarket!😂😂"...

Posted by Maiden Creek

My friend, one last thing: You'd mentioned Ichabod Crane who was a victim of the Headless Horseman. In the story, the horseman was a Hessian soldier hired out to the British as a mercenary, until a cannonball took his head off during the Battle of White Plains. His body was quickly buried minus his head which is why he rises from the grave and searches for his lost top.
Behind our press box and across the street on the campus of Battleground School, is a common grave which holds the bodies of around seventy men who were all killed and not identified after the Battle of Ramsour's Mill, fought in what is now the stadium area, in 1780.
One of these times when you visit us again I'll show it to you.

Side Note: In the fifth grade my teacher was a tall stately woman whose height and weight were, what looked to me then, in perfect proportion. The only problem was that in the face she looked like an image I'd seen of Ichabod Crane, who I thought was the ugliest person ever, and I've thought that for all these many years.
Earlier, this week, after only sleeping a few hours, I stumbled into may bathroom, flipped on the light, and looked into the mirror. I looked haggard and what little bit of hair I have was standing up, and the very, very, very first thing that came to mind was that I look like Ichabod Crane. God help me ! I'm being punished for my hateful thoughts about my fifth grade teacher some sixty years later.

..."I noticed Lincolntons’ visitor side concrete bleachers had been pressured washed….they were shining like a new penny last night. It was amazing how much better it looked.

You know…when you’re down there at night….it’s like sleepy hollow…I looked for Ichabod Crane….but I heard he had to make a late run to the Supermarket!😂😂"...

Posted by Maiden Creek

My friend, one last thing: You'd mentioned Ichabod Crane who was a victim of the Headless Horseman. In the story, the horseman was a Hessian soldier hired out to the British as a mercenary, until a cannonball took his head off during the Battle of White Plains. His body was quickly buried minus his head which is why he rises from the grave and searches for his lost top.
Behind our press box and across the street on the campus of Battleground School, is a common grave which holds the bodies of around seventy men who were all killed and not identified after the Battle of Ramsour's Mill, fought in what is now the stadium area, in 1780.

Side Note: In the fifth grade my teacher was a tall stately woman whose height and weight were, what looked to me then, in perfect proportion. The only problem was that in the face she looked like an image I'd seen of Ichabod Crane, who I thought was the ugliest person ever, and I've thought that for all these many years.
Earlier, this week, after only sleeping a few hours, I stumbled into may bathroom, flipped on the light, and looked into the mirror. I looked haggard and what little bit of hair I have was standing up, and the very, very, very first thing that came to mind was that I look like Ichabod Crane. God help me ! I'm being punished for my hateful thoughts about my fifth grade teacher some sixty years later.
You know I’m a grave hunter….I’d love to see that over there at Battleground.

Washington Irving wrote “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”….I may read that again….better yet…have one of babies read it to me.

Good game last night! Lincolnton….I’ll say one thing….our QB got put on his butt more last night than any game yet….I lost count on the number of sacks y’all had. Maiden has got to clean that up…or we ain’t going anywhere.

I’ll be pulling for y’all on that trip across the South Fork….the Johnny’s ain’t no joke. I hope we don’t see them again til next year!

I saw where “Expert” said the other teams are headed for basketball practice….I ain’t giving up on Bandy’s just yet…..if they can figure out how to beat the Bears….they could sneak in….I don’t want to play either of them again though….just saying!

Last edited:
Another thing….I bet Maiden Devil is shaking in his boots after seeing that West Caldwell score against Bandys.😂😜😜

Let’s GO! WARRIORS!

I’ve got one bullet left….and It ain’t over!😂😂😂
West Caldwell should be a 5 win team at least. They're massive and they're passing game is really good. I don't get why they can't win.

I promise you guys...I stood by the locker rooms when they came out at halftime and those WC boys walked by me all fired up and I swear maybe 5 kids on that team were my height or smaller...every other kid was bigger than me.

West Caldwell should be a 5 win team at least. They're massive and they're passing game is really good. I don't get why they can't win.

I promise you guys...I stood by the locker rooms when they came out at halftime and those WC boys walked by me all fired up and I swear maybe 5 kids on that team were my height or smaller...every other kid was bigger than me.
Daggum studs!….I was shocked as well…when I saw them against Maiden.

Reactions: Lincolnton
MC, thank you. Maiden is in my opinion the best team we faced this season. Hope you make it all the way. I’ve seen it done with only a running game but it helps to have the pass, too, which the Blue Devils, have.
Now, I remember you talking about looking for graves There are a few graves around the stadium that might interest you.

GO Wolves
Naied it! I said take Maiden laying the 22.

Posted by Maiden Creek

I would love to see the minutes from the County Board meeting when they made the decision to place an elementary school and a football stadium in that location.

Got our a** kicked. I hate to say it, but looked like our guys couldn’t care less.
I believe that caring is a huge issue for the program. Football just isn't as important to the kids in Lincolnton as it is in other areas like Maiden, Shelby or even Denver. Then when you get kids who could be impact players for the Wolves they transfer out to other schools in the area. In 2022, life is about decisions and people have to make the choice which they believe is right for them. I didn't have that opportunity. I did as I was told and still do to this day. Anyways, I am glad that some kids still want to wear the Black and Gold even if they aren't as successful as prior iterations who strapped it on.

Last edited:
I believe that that caring is a huge issue for the program. Football just isn't as important to the kids in Lincolnton as it is in other areas like Maiden, Shelby or even Denver. Then when you get kids who could be impact players for the Wolves they transfer out to other schools in the area. In 2022, life is about decisions and people have to make the choice which they believe is right for them. I didn't have that opportunity. I did as I was told and still do to this day. Anyways, I am glad that some kids still want to wear the Black and Gold even if they aren't as successful as prior iterations who strapped it on.
I think when you have a long time coach retired like cloninger did. It's very very important comes in at right afterwards to keep a program moving in the right direction. Any coach after a very successful coach that can't keep the momentum going can really damage a program. Maiden has never really left the family as far as coaching goes and I think that has been one of the successful things about maiden high school

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT