ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ Shelby

shelbyfan1

Aug 22, 2011
Well time to get it started, one of best Rivalries in State.
Shelby comming into game at 2-0
Crest comming in 1-1 guess they get win by forfeit.
Shelby, looked pretty good against KM, but didn't look as great against a really tough AC team.
I feel our O-line was exposed alittle, our Qb didn't have much time, and our running game suffered some.
Still out D played great, and got stops when we needed.
Crest comming off loss to Burns, and played very well on D in 2nd half. I'm sure not having a game week before hurt some.
This game will play out like rest, it be hard fought, turnovers will be key.
I'm going go ahead and say be somewhat a defensive struggle but Shelby wins 24-7

Crest might be 0-1 if Freedom game was no contest. Do think Shelby takes this one though. Something like 21-14 or 17-14.

Both teams will be fired up. Shelby can't let crest stay close like A.C. did.
I think Shelby will pull away in the second half.
Shelby-28
Crest-14

Reactions: notanyonesfan
any idea why adams didn't play last game for shelby? i think our success is based on adams and kee getting a total of 15-20 carries between them. it helps free up our recievers, and most importantly allows the defense to rest.

also wish daylin would take off running, sometimes i think he's focused on a big play down the field instead of gaining positive yards.

i expect this to be a close game

shelby 17-14

Last edited:
Tall task for Chargers this week! Chargers gotta hope for some special teams help this week. This will be a challenge for the offense to get points I just don’t how we gonna block the Lions

any idea why adams didn't play last game for shelby? i think our success is based on adams and kee getting a total of 15-20 carries between them. it helps free up our recievers, and most importantly allows the defense to rest.

also wish daylin would take off running, sometimes i think he's focused on a big play down the field instead of gaining positive yards.

i expect this to be a close game

shelby 17-14
Want play this week either, suspended 2 weeks.
Just stupid things...

Reactions: gldlion2004
One thing that was obvious last Friday night was that Crest struggled to cover kickoffs. Burns returned all 3 of their kickoffs for over 40 yards each. Will be interesting to see if the Chargers make any changes there. If not Shelby will definitely take advantage of it. Crest seemed to find something on offense after halftime last week so let's see if they keep that going. Crest definitely has to cut down on the turnovers too. Gotta think Shelby are the favorites here obviously but it is Shelby / Crest so throw the records & stats out.

Shelby 27
Crest 17

Reactions: dogs79
I'm hoping we improve, if we don't I think we could loose this one. I think it could be a point or three either way. Crest folks for the record we can't cover on special teams either so it might be the team that gets to return the ball the most wins.

I'm hoping we improve, if we don't I think we could loose this one. I think it could be a point or three either way. Crest folks for the record we can't cover on special teams either so it might be the team that gets to return the ball the most wins.
But every time your returning the ball your defense has gave up points.

Wilbanks say covid on Crest jv., not sure how that works when both practice together,
I’ve heard quite a few schools are trying to keep JV and Varsity separated as much as possible on the practice fields if possible… Obviously don’t know about Crest theory this year but I know that’s how Hibriten’s JV played last week and varsity couldn’t and we only have about 30 or so kids on each roster

I think this game gets pushed back to next Friday in place of Hibriten-Shelby. Crest has a bye and as stated above they have already cancelled Hibriten-Shelby JV so that Hibriten JV can play West Caldwell. Just speculation.
That would make the most sense. Would Hibriten have to agree if they are under no covid protocols?

Reactions: beamer24
I think the quarantines are based on who you sit beside at school.

You look the other way when needed.
KM has 35 cases...its hard to figure none of those 35 would be in contact with any football player or coach....Just play ball and if you are sick stay home. This is getting crazier by the minute.

Probably. At this point I think ADs are just trying to play when they can.
I was told that after two weeks the schools get funding and after that we can expect to go remote. It’s hearsay but it came from staff at a school. Who knows what’s next. As a father it is frustrating because as my wife and I talked about, these kids are living in times we can’t comprehend. Easy to be pissed as a fan or parent but man I’ve got 3 (13,9,3) kids of all ages and damn this has to be hard on them.

I'm pretty sure the goal is to stay in person as much as possible it may be modified for certain schools or districts but I think everyone realized that online school for everyone was not a good solution.

Reactions: UNC91
That would make the most sense. Would Hibriten have to agree if they are under no covid protocols?
Both AD’s would have to agree… I do know that last week when Hibriten/West was in question for this week that Hibriten and Shelby were in talks about next weeks game in terms of finding a way for Hibriten to play County rival West… I’m sure there will be more talks this week now that Shelby/Crest has been postponed..

One thing to think about though is Crest might not be eligible to play next week as even after the quarantine period is over, which is anywhere from 7-10 days if the players miss more than 5 practices then they have to have 3 consecutive conditioning sessions(practice) to reacclimate before being allowed to play in a game(NCHSAA rule)

I was told that after two weeks the schools get funding and after that we can expect to go remote. It’s hearsay but it came from staff at a school. Who knows what’s next. As a father it is frustrating because as my wife and I talked about, these kids are living in times we can’t comprehend. Easy to be pissed as a fan or parent but man I’ve got 3 (13,9,3) kids of all ages and damn this has to be hard on them.
From my understanding of just what I've heard on the radio, they aren't allowed to go back to full remote this year. Only were able to last year because the state was under an emergency order which has since expired. I'd assume they could put that back in place but I'm not sure they would.

Any you Crest guys know if it's players on team, just kids in school in general..
Cause I rode by Crest today and saw both vanity and Jv having practice..

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
At this chaos for HS football but the stupid tax waste of money legion thing was fine and the shelby fair is all gung ho. That place was a super spreader before being a super spreader was a thing. Why pick on hs football?

I was corrected it wasn't Jv just varsity.
I'm just lost on rules of a person or player having it and what happens
So if Varsity can practice why did they postpone or was the Covid positive with Shelby? Makes no sense now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT