ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Mt. Pleasant

Shelby Lion

Oct 3, 2002
Dirty Ankle, NC
I think our fourth time playing them since 2007

I expect the same result (A Lion Victory)

I doubt there is a tiger fan one out there, but just in case here are some season stats so far (from our official Stat gents the Shermans) if any of them Tiger fans) or future opponents want to know

Shelby has scored 501 points so far which is 50.1 ppg and the defense has given up 184 points or 18.4 per game.....

Passing

204 Attempts
133 Completions (65%)
2139 yards
34 Td's with 8 INTS
2139 Yards
16.1 per completion
213.9 Yards Per Game

Rushing

250 attempts
1863 total yards
7.5 per attempt
31 Td's
186.3 Yards Per Game

Total Offense

4002 Total yards
454 total plays
8.8 yards per play
400.2 Yard Per Game

Defense

Rushing

601 total yards
2.1 yards per carry
11 TD's
60.1 Yards per game

Passing

1422 total yards
13.2 per completion
13 TD's
142.2 per game

TOTAL DEFENSE

2023 Yards
492 Plays
4.1 Yards per play
202.3 Total yards per game.

Last edited:
Bet the house on Shelby in this one.
I was up near Hickory on Saturday. No internet. I came home last night and started reading post. Tell you the truth, I thought Shelby drew Reidsville in the opening round of the playoffs. That's all the CC gang was talking about. Reidsville easy schedule......Reidsville don't stand a chance.......Reidsville didn't play ACReynolds, Crest or Georgia or Alabama.....Reidsville this ........Reidsville that!!!!!

Amazingly it will be weeks before we could play each other, IF we keep winning. One of us could go out in second round. Stranger things could happen......now what could be stranger than that? What if you got knocked out in the second round with a running clock. That would certainly be unheard of. Correct me if I am wrong.

Istrangest thing is u could talk sh_t all year about being the best.only to make championship game and take that L back home....correct me if im wrong..
You better worry bout Monroe on your side instead of Shelby rifht now

with that said. Shelby by 32 in this one. Then eventually lose to Salisbury. Cake walk until that game happens.

Yeah, if that makes you feel better... guess u fine with 2nd place....
Get out here with that Bull Sh_t
You went home butt hurt just like we did...
Its new year, buckle your chin strap and tighten your D .we comming

What does it matter? No one remembers second place. Super cake walk for you guys till Monroe beats you.
Well you all must remember it well since y’all keep bringing it up. Just saying . But remember y’all kept saying Reidsville woild lose to every opponent last year and they beat them all. The only time y’all had them winning is when they lost. So maybe those teams like Monroe and FH and maiden and burns weren’t as good as y’all thought last year. This year could be the same. Won’t know til it plays out

LA, must be nice having Tucker on NCHSS to pave that easy way for Reidsville, what u think...
We had the hardest bracket last year. Made it through. Win your games and won’t have to worry about anything just butt hurt still

Reactions: Rammer16
Funny thing is its your fans comming on our thread talking trash.. i dont see a Shelby fan over on yalls.

how are two Reidsville bandwagon fans gonna roll up in here trying too blow smoke

When shelby throat punched the rams right out of the stadium last time we played one of you disappeared until this year and the other dogs his on team every chance they get

It’s been a few short weeks ago one was still missing from losing last years title and the other has talked about how reidsville has sucked all year until they got a few players back

Shore up those lines fellas you know it I know it and frank knows it lol

Take to y’all’s thread let the big boys talk :)

Funny thing is its your fans comming on our thread talking trash.. i dont see a Shelby fan over on yalls.
BS. True dynasty over on every Reidsville thread with 2nd to none trashing Reidsville. All year long. Good try though.

We had the hardest bracket last year. Made it through. Win your games and won’t have to worry about anything just butt hurt still

No amount people or money can make me belive Reidsville should have no1 seed over Monroe...just cant....

I assume Shelby Lion says I trash my own team whenever I can. Yes he’s right. I am a realist. I point out or weaknesses and people get scared of that. I don’t mention names because they are kids. Should I be ashamed for calling it the way it is. Nope. But for real Shelby Lion and LA are my 2 favorite posters on here on opposing team. They are realist until it comes to my rams of course. Then it’s a little bias involved which is to be expected. I won’t count that against them. I won’t be surprised if my Rams win it all. But also would not be surprised if they lose before Monroe in 4th round. I had more faith in last years team honestly. Got crazy great athletes but something seems to be missing at times. But playoffs may fix that. Idk.

No amount people or money can make me belive Reidsville should have no1 seed over Monroe...just cant....
Well time will tell. Computers and numbers and opponents win pct have everything to do with it. I assume Monroe opponents lost more games. But if Reidsville is what they should be and Monroe is what everyone says yet again about them. The game will happen. But last year they didn’t hold up their end. I would like to see them just because it would be a new team. I don’t like every game being blowouts. I enjoy at the time but at end of day you need competition to make you better. Reidsville had no competition in 2a west last year and lost in title game because of focus.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
I think our fourth time playing them since 2007

I expect the same result (A Lion Victory)

I doubt there is a tiger fan one out there, but just in case here are some season stats so far (from our official Stat gents the Shermans) if any of them Tiger fans) or future opponents want to know

Shelby has scored 501 points so far which is 50.1 ppg and the defense has given up 184 points or 18.4 per game.....

Passing

204 Attempts
133 Completions (65%)
2139 yards
34 Td's with 8 INTS
2139 Yards
16.1 per completion
213.9 Yards Per Game

Rushing

250 attempts
1863 total yards
7.5 per attempt
31 Td's
186.3 Yards Per Game

Total Offense

4002 Total yards
454 total plays
8.8 yards per play
400.2 Yard Per Game

Defense

Rushing

601 total yards
2.1 yards per carry
11 TD's
60.1 Yards per game

Passing

1422 total yards
13.2 per completion
13 TD's
142.2 per game

TOTAL DEFENSE

2023 Yards
492 Plays
4.1 Yards per play
202.3 Total yards per game.
Yeah, yeah, yeah the W-L record of the teams you played is 5.3-4.7. Yes, you played a 10-0 team, and you played a 0-10 team. You played two 2-8 teams. You can rack up some great stats against teams like that. Your team should be well rested and injury free with those last seven games. Your risk of injury is somewhere between getting hurt sitting in a chair and getting hurt laying on a couch. See you later, maybe. 22-19.

Last edited:
Yeah, yeah, yeah the W-L record of the teams you played is 5.3-4.7. Yes, you played a 10-0 team, and you played a 0-10 team. You played two 2-8 teams. You can rack up some great stats against teams like that. Your team should be well rested and injury free with those last seven games. Your risk of injury is somewhere between getting hurt sitting in a chair and getting hurt laying on a couch. See you later, maybe. 22-19.
Yep some lackluster teams, but same schedule as last time we played the Rams, and we all know what happened that night..... Body slammed right out of the stadium .... Of course yall probably dont remember much since yall up and left so early... You like that 22-19 dont ya?

Heres one for you to chew on just before you take your teeth out and put em in a jar

4-1

OWNED, but nice try BA BA Hoey.....

BTW how you gonna talk about a schedule when the overall record of yalls opponents are 50-50 and ours are 53-47

If you are going to try and talk smack about another teams schedule at least pull your head out of your hind end and make sure your opponents won loss record is better

You are slipping BA BA Hoey..... Do better man....
I like this trash talking Shelby Lion. I could become a good friend of this guy haha

I like this trash talking Shelby Lion. I could become a good friend of this guy haha
The funny part is we've watched a title game together, and you know good and well I am nothing like I am on here in real life ha ha.

Just enjoy the banter with everyone, and even when Im on the losing end of the internet babble (Which is very very very rare haha)

The funny part is we've watched a title game together, and you know good and well I am nothing like I am on here in real life ha ha.

Just enjoy the banter with everyone, and even when Im on the losing end of the internet babble (Which is very very very rare haha)
Yea I know. And you know I don’t really trash others just myself and my team. Lol but it’s because how much I expect out of them.

It's funny all this bull before a first round game. This stuff gonna get serious in a couple of weeks. We will soon see each others strengths and weakness and start discussing thing on (hopefully) a little higher level. Some already do. I guess I don't. I just for a chain to yank on. Probably a nice person on the other end. I yank and laugh. Problem is LA and SL have some good come backs. Now FAKEDynasty is a whole other creature. Hate to have him pulling for us. I bet he can't sleep at nIght. He needs a twelve step program.

It's funny all this bull before a first round game. This stuff gonna get serious in a couple of weeks. We will soon see each others strengths and weakness and start discussing thing on (hopefully) a little higher level. Some already do. I guess I don't. I just for a chain to yank on. Probably a nice person on the other end. I yank and laugh. Problem is LA and SL have some good come backs. Now FAKEDynasty is a whole other creature. Hate to have him pulling for us. I bet he can't sleep at nIght. He needs a twelve step program.
If we make it to the Western Final we will be playing Monroe, not Reidsville.

At least we got to that point with that terrible Reidsville team. When y’all have a bad team y’all lose by 2nd round by a running clock
Something that happened one time in the entire 100+ year history of Shelby football and you speak it into existence like it happens regularly. What happens regularly is Shelby beating Reidsville.

Reactions: golden one
Something that happened one time in the entire 100+ year history of Shelby football and you speak it into existence like it happens regularly. What happens regularly is Shelby beating Reidsville.
You know what hasn’t happened? Shelby having more titles. You will never speak that into existence. Winning 3 straight will only tie and tease the thought of you gaining the lead. But we both know a 3 peat won’t happen

• Love
You know what hasn’t happened? Shelby having more titles. You will never speak that into existence. Winning 3 straight will only tie and tease the thought of you gaining the lead. But we both know a 3 peat won’t happen
6 out of 7 and 7 of the last 10.

Never say never. Didn't Fievel teach you that in An American Tail?

See this is what this world needs …. Shelby and Reidsville talking junk in the 2A playoffs … none of that watered down big A little A crap where someone get lucky and dodges the other .. both y’all suckers better not let us fans down and loose before y’all get to play … the last time y’all played I sat on the visitor side at Shelby and watch the soul get ripped out the body of Reidsville fans … can they return the favor?

Don’t know … don’t loose and we can find out Both y’all on the clock now

6 out of 7 and 7 of the last 10.

Never say never. Didn't Fievel teach you that in An American Tail?
That statement is interesting on two fronts.

First, I had to google Fievel. I learned ........you watch cartoons.........I guess, that doesn't surprise me in the least.

Second, "6 out of 7 and 7 of the last 10". For that I had to go to the NCHSAA.org site and check Records. There appears to be some slippage in the last few years. That is why you state it that way. I think that is your problem.
"Never say never" sounds like you are telling someone to not say something you never want to think about. You will not equal us.......NEVER. I got a feeling realignment will take care of that.

Shelby and Mt. Pleasant have met 6 times since 2001, with the following results:
2001 - Playoffs 1st Rd - Shelby, 52-35
2007 - Western Finals - Shelby, 17-0
2014 - Western Finals - Shelby, 31-17
2015 - Playoffs 3rd Rd - Shelby, 38-27
2017 - Playoffs 3rd Rd - Shelby, 7-0
2018 - Regular Season - Shelby, 35-14

Although Shelby leads the series, 6-0, the average margin of victory is only 14.5 points. Mt. Pleasant is typically very well coached, has big lines, and solid QB and special teams play.

Shelby needs to take care of the ball and be disciplined not to commit many penalties. This won't be a cake-walk.

Mt. Pleasant has a couple of 6'4" WRs, which could cause some problems.

Yea 7 out of 10 and still didn’t make really a dent in the gap. Marginal at best.
7 to Reidsville's 4...considering we are only 3 away now....closing the gap by 3 is pretty considerable.

2016 - Shelby wins 2AA, Reidsville wins 2A
2018 - Shelby wins 2AA, Reidsville wins 2A
2019 - Shelby wins 2AA, Reidsville wins 2A

If not for subclasses, the gap would already be closed. No one has benefited by subclasses more than Reidsville as all 22 of their titles have come when there was a rival classification with its own champion that they didn't have to play.

That statement is interesting on two fronts.

First, I had to google Fievel. I learned ........you watch cartoons.........I guess, that doesn't surprise me in the least.

Second, "6 out of 7 and 7 of the last 10". For that I had to go to the NCHSAA.org site and check Records. There appears to be some slippage in the last few years. That is why you state it that way. I think that is your problem.
"Never say never" sounds like you are telling someone to not say something you never want to think about. You will not equal us.......NEVER. I got a feeling realignment will take care of that.
If you had to google Fievel then you haven't lived. I was born in 1981, Fievel came out in 1986. Yes, when I was 5 I was watching cartoons. If you weren't at that age then that explains a lot about why you are the way you are.

Slippage? The last two years listed in the record book:

2021: Shelby
2022: East Duplin

Could you please define slippage?

Oh boy....I know you guys probably prayed for the Realignment. Actually one of you probably petitioned to your beloved Que to change things up. I can see exactly how that conversation went...."Oh Que, Shelby is catching us and will surpass us soon. We have to do something! What if we go to more classifications and put Shelby in a different one. That is our only hope." So now we are moving to another watered down playoff that will inevitably help Reidsville more than any other school in the state....smdh.

What a coward response?!?!

If you had to google Fievel then you haven't lived. I was born in 1981, Fievel came out in 1986. Yes, when I was 5 I was watching cartoons. If you weren't at that age then that explains a lot about why you are the way you are.

Slippage? The last two years listed in the record book:

2021: Shelby
2022: East Duplin

Could you please define slippage?

Oh boy....I know you guys probably prayed for the Realignment. Actually one of you probably petitioned to your beloved Que to change things up. I can see exactly how that conversation went...."Oh Que, Shelby is catching us and will surpass us soon. We have to do something! What if we go to more classifications and put Shelby in a different one. That is our only hope." So now we are moving to another watered down playoff that will inevitably help Reidsville more than any other school in the state....smdh.

What a coward response?!?!
I googled Fievel, you look up slippage. I did watch cartoons when I was 5. but I don't think I quoted them at 45. If was If I had to imagine which cartoon character you might quote I would not think of you quoting a mouse, more likely, Jughead. You are quite imaginative in your writing. I think you would be a great writer, could even be biographical, Looney Tunes might pick you up for a cartoon version.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT