ADVERTISEMENT

Cherryville vs Lincoln Charter

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
Big game tonight at Cherryville.

Lincoln Charter comes in with a 16-4 record and a six game winning streak, while Cherryville is 11-6 on the season.

Kody Shubert has been averaging 20 points per game for Lincoln Charter.

Three of the losses for Cherryville have come at home so far this season. The Ironman hope to bounce back after a tough loss two days ago against West Lincoln (64-61)

Ironmen fell behind by 3-19 at the end of the third quarter, but by late in the third quarter the Ironmen were within four points of the Southern Piedmont Conference leading Eagles. Lincoln Charter iced the game in the fourth quarter by outscoring the Ironmen 15 to 6. No team in the Southern Piedmont has come this close to beating the Eagles. The Eagle are a very good 1A team. It will be interesting to see how they do in the playoffs against the Northwestern teams.

Catawba...I was at the game to just to see how the Eagles would respond playing at Cherryville. Cherryville is a really tough place to play and the game for the most part was ugly. I did see some fight in Cherryville tonight though. They should have been blown out in the first half but it seemed that Lincoln Charter lost focus or something and didn't take advantage of the sluggish start. I will say that I've seen Lincoln Charter play 3 times now and tonight was not a good showing for them. But to not play well against a very talented and prideful Cherryville team and still win by 20 says something about them. I too think they are a very good 1A basketball team and I think they can/will make a lot of noise in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to play them. They could be very dangerous and make a run at the Regionals. And if I'm not mistaken the PG #1 is only a freshman. Wow! He can go. And #33 the 6'7 kid is only a freshman. WOW. They are going to be good for awhile. But I think this was a turning point for Cherryville. I thought they played really good and hopefully this jumpstarts them toward finishing in the top 3-4 and make a run in playoffs. I think they could be a dangerous #3/#4 seed in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT