ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee vs Swain...who you got?

Kevin2346

Jun 9, 2016
With basically bye weeks this Friday who do you think wins this big matchup next week? Im pulling for braves but just dont think their defense is stout enough to consistently stop the veer...i say Swain 35 Cherokee 28.

It will be the tale of two teams for Cherokee. Their defense will have to be better if they expect to be beat Swain. I just can't read into Cherokee and Swains records. Swain has definitely started slow but they also played a tougher schedule. Their common oppenent Smoky took Cherokee to the brink. I don't think that'll be a factor but did give a glimpse into Cherokee defense. I believe Swain will win, but these games are filled with emotions and it's almost been a decade since Cherokee topped them, so can't count that out. Swain 28-14.

Well Cherokee had two chances to go up 3 scores and let smokey come back each time. Cherokee defense has got to become better. I really think Briggs has been holding back on offense and hopefully when they let loose it will be dominate offense.

As for swain it's at swain and Cherokee will surely have to stop the ole veer or it will be a long night. This one will surely get the award for one of the biggest crowds. I'm hope my braves come to play and I think we could eek out a 21-20 win.

Redzone offense better be improvef over last year if there going beat swain in Bryson City.

Redzone offense better be improvef over last year if there going beat swain in Bryson City.

I think this game depends on which Swain team shows up. The Swain team that runs the veer, is physical and fundamentally sound or the one that can't hold on to the football. I have a hard time believing that Swain isn't getting better every week. I guarantee you the braves have had this game marked on the calendar since last year and will be fired up. Should make for a great atmosphere Friday night.

Should be an absolute packed house on Friday night...i just don't think Cherokee can match swains PHYSICALITY up front

Wir have you seen Cherokee play ? I'd say that is one of their strengths is their line and how big and strong they are

Reactions: TigerDen1
This game will not even be close. Most I am sure are making pics based on how each played SM. SM vs. Swain was as sloppy as ive ever seen from both teams and SM quit in the second half of that game. Cherokee vs. SM was close yes but I was there and The Braves ran maybe 5 different plays. They were holding back and that was easy to see. Probably because Swain was open that night. So yes it was close but late in the game when SM tied it up Briggs opened'er up just a bit and it was about 80 yards in about 20 seconds. I got a feelin Swain will see the full arsenal this week. The comment about the Cherokee big guys is just plain ignant, they are big and most have 3 years of varsity under their belt. Swain is young and it shows.

Cherokee by 17

Wir have you seen Cherokee play ? I'd say that is one of their strengths is their line and how big and strong they are
Have y'all played anyone that would even come close to being a "physical " football team...NO...GLADIATORS..ASHEVILLE SCHOOL NORTH BUNCOMBE SMOKY CHOCTAW..LOL HALF THE WORLD WOULD BE UNDEFEATED PLAYING THAT SCHEDULE

Have y'all played anyone that would even come close to being a "physical " football team...NO...GLADIATORS..ASHEVILLE SCHOOL NORTH BUNCOMBE SMOKY CHOCTAW..LOL HALF THE WORLD WOULD BE UNDEFEATED PLAYING THAT SCHEDULE
How can you blame Cherokee for schedule. Last year they had a good shot going far but tons of injury's. Anybody from Cherokee how many kids did y'all loose last year to injury's? Or were playing thru injury. WIR SMC is tough enough to play in.

Bring home the win Braves. This Tiger fan is pulling for you guys in the SMC, accept one game. Good luck.

Reactions: lad0215
How can you blame Cherokee for schedule. Last year they had a good shot going far but tons of injury's. Anybody from Cherokee how many kids did y'all loose last year to injury's? Or were playing thru injury. WIR SMC is tough enough to play in.
Lol tough enough..andrews hayesville rosman...id call that a trio of cupcakes..to go along w your non conference cupcakes...that's why swain will dominate..they played north Henderson franklin tuscola and smoky (who they destroyed & y'all squeaked by) franklin offered a game and coach Briggs was lightning quick to say " we are not ready for that "

If Franklin is so big and bad why do you schedule 1a teams . Go play someone like pisgah did. That's why y'all never go anywhere in the playoffs after going 11-1 every year.

Reactions: lad0215 and WNC123
If Franklin is so big and bad why do you schedule 1a teams . Go play someone like pisgah did. That's why y'all never go anywhere in the playoffs after going 11-1 every year.
Lol 3rd round 4 time in 10 yrs and semi finals once..we tried playing every school in WNC...go Maroon machine!

I think WIR has to hang on the 1A board's because he knows Franklin doesn't stand a chance in 2A playoffs. Teams off the MTN are loaded in 2A. I see Franklin about 3round if that. Do you go onto 2a and talk trash to teams like Shelby like you have Cherokee?. Just curious.

I think WIR has to hang on the 1A board's because he knows Franklin doesn't stand a chance in 2A playoffs. Teams off the MTN are loaded in 2A. I see Franklin about 3round if that. Do you go onto 2a and talk trash to teams like Shelby like you have Cherokee?. Just curious.
I actually respect Shelby..go back to your den ..does rosman still play varsity football

Na he just wants to come down here and pick on the small schools . Just look how they beat there chest everytine they beat Murphy . Even though your school is twice the size . Go play a 3a or 4a team then beat your chest . Oh wait you have scheduled the Carolina wildcats .

This game is tough to call but i'm going with Cherokee by 14. I really think Cherokee has been playing conservative. I think they will fire up the passing game

Cherokee could beat there chest if they ever beat swain or murphy..by the way franklin 33 8 over asheville

No it's a public board..1st amendment freedom of speech..so get over it I'll post 1a 2a 3a 4a if I choose...sorry you have outdoor plumbing and don't realize there's life outside the SMC

No doubt 1a and especially SMC conf posters are super sensitive...relax the SMC is still relative In 1a

I apologize to murphy and swain...have total respect for both programs....as far as the other teams I don't much care and to be honest neither does anyone else

Who cares what you think we don't , hope brevard kicks the crap outta franklin again this year

I apologize to murphy and swain...have total respect for both programs....as far as the other teams I don't much care and to be honest neither does anyone else
Reading your comments has really made my day. Also makes me appreciate my momma for busting my butt and teaching me some manners. You just keep exercising your freedom of speech and our Braves will keep making haters like you hate us even more. GO BRAVES!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT