ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee vs Swain...who you got?

Cherokee may be the only team in the SMC who could have beat Franklin.
What a dumb comment. Murphy was beating Franklin in the 4th quarter at the Pit, so they definitely had the ability to beat the Panthers. No the 'Dogs did not close the deal, all credit to Franklin for that.

As far as Cherokee playing with Franklin, maybe they could have, maybe not. Regardless some of ya'll really need to pump the brakes on the rhetoric, one real good half of football in a rivalry game does not a season make.

And yes, I say all that with the knowledge that Murphy has not performed recently at anywhere near the level that the did against Pisgah or Franklin. If that trend continues they will definitely have their work cut out for them against Swain and Cherokee.

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
Oh wait you like to brag
No you beat a bad swain team now your ready for the patriots..murphy will wipe the floor with Cherokee..if y'all so DAMN good you should be afraid to play NO ONE..last I checked you can only play 11 at time in football..im so sick of everyone in SMC telling the world how good they are..you played smoky. There 2a..oh that's right you know franklin would destroy Cherokee..you say y'all are physical..step up and play someone known to be physical..oh wait your 6-0 for first time since mobie dick was a minnow...enjoy it cause you can't beat MURPHY oh wait dang guess that's cause they have to many students..

What a dumb comment. Murphy was beating Franklin in the 4th quarter at the Pit, so they definitely had the ability to beat the Panthers. No the 'Dogs did not close the deal, all credit to Franklin for that.

As far as Cherokee playing with Franklin, maybe they could have, maybe not. Regardless some of ya'll really need to pump the brakes on the rhetoric, one real good half of football in a rivalry game does not a season make.

And yes, I say all that with the knowledge that Murphy has not performed recently at anywhere near the level that the did against Pisgah or Franklin. If that trend continues they will definitely have their work cut out for them against Swain and Cherokee.
Murphy will be just fine..they have a different gear than anyone else in the SMC and playing people like Pisgah and FRANKLIN benefits murphy...i have no doubt murphy if healthy wins SMC..

Y'all may have to spot Cherokee 10 points due to larger enrollment..just to stop them from whining like small children

We all know you're a yellow jackets fan Fourth and that you live vicariously through anyone in the conference that can compete with Murphy (certainly not Hayesville), but you might want to pump the brakes on the rhetoric.

To be the man you have to beat the man, an until the Braves do that Murphy are still top DOGS in the conference.
Hayesville lost to Carolina Wildcats..they should consider folding FOOTBALL

Keep worrying about small 1a and the wildcats instead of playing your size schools. Play teams 4x times your size then talk homie . Quit beating on the small schools

Reactions: TigerDen1
As far as I'm concerned, Swain has its years but Swain never has a outright terrible team. Cherokee is playing good football right now. No disrespect to Franklin as the Panthers have a good football team too, but Murphy vs Franklin this year could have easily had a different outcome. You need to worry about what Franklin has left and prepare to meet a brick wall in the playoffs while the Smoky Mountain Conference will likely be sending another team to a state championship again this year as they do quite often.

Ive thought about whether to say this or not, but imo, at this time, Murphy does not seem like a team poised to make a championship run. There just seems to be something missing and i cant figure it out. May make some people mad, but this is just my personal opinion. Just seems like Murphy is going thru the motions with no energy, excitement, and enthusiasm. Maybe its just me.

1.murphy
2.cherokee/Robbinsville
3.robbinsville/Cherokee
4. Swain.
5.rosman
6.andrews.
7hayesville.

Wir said only 11 on the field at once.

This is the dumbest statement ive ever heard. I heard this from murphy fans years ago. Then you think there should only be one state championship?

Ive thought about whether to say this or not, but imo, at this time, Murphy does not seem like a team poised to make a championship run. There just seems to be something missing and i cant figure it out. May make some people mad, but this is just my personal opinion. Just seems like Murphy is going thru the motions with no energy, excitement, and enthusiasm. Maybe its just me.
From watching the game at Andrews, I formed the same opinion. Yes Murphy made a few big plays and won convincingly, but they didn't look like a championship team, definitely not the same game as last year at murphy. Perhaps they were only playing up to the level of competition they needed to.

Does Murphy have an elite offense to win 1A? Yep, I think so. Does Murphy have an elite defense to win 1A? I'm not so sure. Murphy always seems to get better as the season progresses. A lot of football still left to be played.

Wir obviously can't read cause not one time have I said we are better than Murphy or better than Franklin. You are the one continuously bashing the braves. We are 6-0 and I'll take it every year and be happy about it. Go run your mouth to burns or Shelby . Or keep playing the wildcats . You better worry about Hendersonville

Does Murphy have an elite offense to win 1A? Yep, I think so. Does Murphy have an elite defense to win 1A? I'm not so sure. Murphy always seems to get better as the season progresses. A lot of football still left to be played.

Murphy hasnt played horrible or anything, just doesnt seem to have the normal vibe. I was thinking maybe its a bit of complacency and the DEFWU attitude. I always liked the GATA attitude to pave the road to the latter.

Wir obviously can't read cause not one time have I said we are better than Murphy or better than Franklin. You are the one continuously bashing the braves. We are 6-0 and I'll take it every year and be happy about it. Go run your mouth to burns or Shelby . Or keep playing the wildcats . You better worry about Hendersonville
Ill worry bout what I choose...and if that's Cherokee or the SMC get over it..i said congrats on a great win...i actually have two bachelors degrees so I read well...thanks for assuming ..sorry your so small minded oh small 1a for a small mind

It's really clear to me after playing Pisgah and franklin murphy simply got bored and has been simply "going thru the motions" because lets be honest that's all there required to-do this year in the SMC..and the 1st two rounds of the playoffs..damn murphy gets it tough..people aren't complaining bout not winning just about how they win..

Murphy hasnt played horrible or anything, just doesnt seem to have the normal vibe. I was thinking maybe its a bit of complacency and the DEFWU attitude. I always liked the GATA attitude to pave the road to the latter.

This Murphy team is better than what they've shown in the last few weeks. I'll admit Robbinsville is better than I gave them credit for. I'm not sure Murphy took that game as serious as they should, I didn't. I think Robbinsville beats Swain and finishes third. Teams have picked on some defensive weaknesses for Murphy this season. I think that weakness will be exposed even more against Cherokee. No matter who wins the Cherokee vs Murphy game, these two teams will have to strap it up and do it again in round two or three against each other.

Last edited:
Let me be clear...i said congrats to Cherokee..that was a monster performance Friday night..i have no issues w Cherokee just get tired of hearing the oh we just little ol 1a..you play smoky you drive to weaverville for north buncombe ..oh well I'll see what happens when murphy rolls in

This Murphy team is better that what they've shown in the last few weeks. I'll admit Robbinsville is better than I gave them credit for. I'm not sure Murphy took that game as serious as they should, I didn't. I think Robbinsville beats Swain and finishes third. Teams have picked on some defensive weaknesses for Murphy this season. I think that weakness will be exposed even more against Cherokee. No matter who wins the Cherokee vs Murphy game. These two teams will have to strap it up and do it again in round two or three against each other.
Good post

Once why do you keep wanting to play smc schools and then tell everyone how great you are. You will never and I mean never have a chance to win state in your own division. So I guess you got to come tell everyone on 1a board how you want to beat up schools with 1/2 your enrollment.

And you never did tell us about the pee ? Lol

Don't bring up discipline..lol lots and I mean lots of skeletons in that Cherokee closet

How many state titles dies Cherokee have in football? Hell how many conf titles in last 17 years...how many undefeated regular seasons...how many 10 win seasons..how many trips to 3rd round how many trips to semi finals..how many playoff wins..go spend your per capita check on some dam tissue for your crying..ill continue to post on 1a because of people like you with the "little man syndrome "..or you can threaten to call the governor like yall did over the SMC officials..cry cry cry...

Maybe your enrollment would be up if so many kids didn't choose to leave the reservation to get there high school education..

Haha I just asked the question . Your opinion doesn't bother me about anything. You just show your ignorance when you want to say enrollment doesn't matter but you seem to never play anyone bigger than y'all . And don't come here and tell anyone from smc how great Franklin is cause y'all beat up on home school teams and smc teams with 1/2 your enrollment and hope people try to see your side lol

Maybe you still be 3a if so many kids didn't leave to go to early college or charter school to get a better education. But you couldn't win anything up there so you probably glad

Once why do you keep wanting to play smc schools and then tell everyone how great you are. You will never and I mean never have a chance to win state in your own division. So I guess you got to come tell everyone on 1a board how you want to beat up schools with 1/2 your enrollment.

And you never did tell us about the pee ? Lol
Soon 2a could be easier than 1a.
Are you kidding? Honestly that's the single dumbest post I've saw in my years on NC preps...shelby hibriten South point reidsville..East Duplin..wallace rose hill..north Davidson..northeastern..are you joking...

This WIR guy is CLUELESS!! Two bachelor degrees?? (Maybe from Outer Mongolia U!) We all know what BS stands for!! He might have more than two degrees in that area!!

Where does he get a name like that anyhow. WIR ??
Ok, I see: WeIRd !!

This WIR guy is CLUELESS!! Two bachelor degrees?? (Maybe from Outer Mongolia U!) We all know what BS stands for!! He might have more than two degrees in that area!!

Where does he get a name like that anyhow. WIR ??
Ok, I see: WeIRd !!
Holy cow two DIFFERENT Cherokee posters..go braves. Lol..

.if y'all so DAMN good you should be afraid to play NO ONE...

We hear how good Franklin is so why do you relive the glory days and play down in the SMC? Here is my breakdown on your recent success in the playoffs: your play several smaller schools and post a very good won-loss record so that you get a high seed. You get a couple of rounds at home against teams with so-so records, then the competition gets better and suddenly it is basketball season.

I do want to commend Coach Brooks and his team. I believe they are one of the best programs in WNC in recent years. I am just tired of this guy have a do as I say, not as I do attitude.

We hear how good Franklin is so why do you relive the glory days and play down in the SMC? Here is my breakdown on your recent success in the playoffs: your play several smaller schools and post a very good won-loss record so that you get a high seed. You get a couple of rounds at home against teams with so-so records, then the competition gets better and suddenly it is basketball season.

I do want to commend Coach Brooks and his team. I believe they are one of the best programs in WNC in recent years. I am just tired of this guy have a do as I say, not as I do attitude.
He is irrelevant. Just trying to get a rise out of everyone. He probably didn't ever play sports or was a bench warmer/ water boy. Heck he might have been in the band.

He is irrelevant. Just trying to get a rise out of everyone. He probably didn't ever play sports or was a bench warmer/ water boy. Heck he might have been in the band.
Jesus every time you open your mouth it sounds like a talking toilet...so you wanna assume what i did ...to say your far off would be a mild understatement but if I lived in friggin Andrews id stay pissed of to..id herd they were going to change name to loserville..so do mt assume shit...i didn't assume your an idiot you simply proved it

If you tired of me block me or find another site

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT