ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at RS for playoffs

Bulldog_012

Sep 6, 2011
The Bulldogs control their own destiny Friday night. I’m feeling a little worried after how we played last night at crest. Hopefully the coaching staff will make some changes this week and we will come our fired up and ready to play. It’s round 1 in my book.

The Bulldogs control their own destiny Friday night. I’m feeling a little worried after how we played last night at crest. Hopefully the coaching staff will make some changes this week and we will come our fired up and ready to play. It’s round 1 in my book.
Yeah Crest definitely outplayed us. Might as well consider Friday night the first round, especially since there’s one less round this year.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog and UNC91
I think Burns wins this game. Their defense will do enough to stop RS but it'll be a great ball game.. I'll go 33-27 Burns

I don’t know much about the RS defense but the burns offense is going to have to play much different than they played against Crest if they want to put up those points.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
One thing probably has nothing to do with the other but I felt like R-S looked stronger in Belmont than Burns. Had R-S not turned the ball over a couple times that game wouldn’t have been close. Their defense was better against South Point than Burns. Good luck to both teams.

Gotta go with Burns simply due to the goose egg they hung on Chase.
Chase is averaging over 50 points in the rest of their games!
How will The Hilltoppers beat ‘em...is their offense much different from Chase?

Gotta go with Burns simply due to the goose egg they hung on Chase.
Chase is averaging over 50 points in the rest of their games!
How will The Hilltoppers beat ‘em...is their offense much different from Chase?
Chase & RS have pretty much identical offenses.

• Haha
Reactions: mackey55
As big as the ramifications are for this game, I'm surprised there is so little chatter.

Reactions: UNC91
Burns and RS have had some good games in recent years and this year will be no different. I think the Dogs get the W but does anyone know the status of our QB? He has been dealing with a hand injury and i think that affected some of the play calling vs. Crest.

Somebody in the stands on the Crest side was talking about his hand. Poor kid threw nothing but screen passes all night, and when he did go down field it got picked off.

Reactions: Crestuff
As big as the ramifications are for this game, I'm surprised there is so little chatter.

I don’t think R-S has any posters! There were a lot of posters on Chris Hughs’ old site that for some reason chose not to come over. It seems to me that this is a predominantly eastern part of the state site. Shelby has several frequent posters, Burns also has several. Several other schools have one or two but for the most part it’s eastern guys.

I don’t think R-S has any posters! There were a lot of posters on Chris Hughs’ old site that for some reason chose not to come over. It seems to me that this is a predominantly eastern part of the state site. Shelby has several frequent posters, Burns also has several. Several other schools have one or two but for the most part it’s eastern guys.
Quite a few Reidsville posters on this site and despite what the NCHSAA says I don't consider the NW Piedmont of N.C. to be in the East....lol.........

Hopefully a Burns win will make it moot, but we need a Chase win to keep us alive if we lose. A Burns loss and South Point win puts RS in the playoffs by virtue of RS beating both Burns and SP. A Chase and RS win will force a drawing.

Speed. Burns is much faster than RS. And RS can't keep their mouths shut. They have what 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike penalties?

#15 is a major problem for Burns and he's a freshman. Has to have close to 150 yards rushing or more & has an 80 yard TD catch.

Burns 63-39 ... 8 mins left

Mookie gives Burns a much more explosive running game ! He’s been different / special since 1st grade

this Burns team will be scary the next two seasons and I mean scary with athletes everywhere
He's gonna be a problem for teams. He did not look like a freshman tonight at all

This is what makes me scratch my head. Burns O looked great tonight. I sure hope they keep the steam rolling going into next week. Also hope the appeal will allow Davis to play next week. He is someone you want to have ready to roll if someone goes out. Mookie is going to be a major problem. Burns probably has the most talent in the county for the next 3-4 years (including this spring season). Good win tonight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT