ADVERTISEMENT

Air Your Grievances Here I Guess

Week 2: Who ya got? Horses traveling to the Pound.

• WRH

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Clinton

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sam

May 29, 2001
Let the talk begin. Horses sounded like they were a hot mess at times in Goldsboro, lol. Better clean it up quick.

Last edited:
I wish this game was played later in the season, when both teams on a roll. I’m looking for Clinton to have gotten rid of the jitters. this will be their biggest game until playoffs. No doubt, Clinton always plays good in the pound. I haven’t seen Clinton play but from what I’m hearing they got a versatile offense. Sounds like defense is legit. Enough about those Darkhorses. WRH looked pretty good tonight. I think we’re going to have the best defense we’ve had in a long time . The hitting is back. 6 is looking Nate Irvinish. Texas is a beast. Pass rush is there. O line looked really good and running back stable is something to see. Pearsall played like a senior and showed athleticism. Good play calling offense and defense. I got WRH 35- 24

Clinton offense needs time to get new QB adjusted to game speed, he has the arm and athleticism, when game slows down for him, he will be a good one. Defensively, all I can say is watch #10. That is best player on Defense we’ve had since H. Dixon imo. Dude is a beast. It’s gonna be a slobber knocker.

I’ll be shocked if anyone scores more than 21points in this game.
Comparing him to Herbert Dixon? That’s huge shoes but he’s off to a good start still waiting to hear how many sacks he had tonight had to be around 5 or 6 if not more seems like y’all called his name quite a bit.Front 7 will kept us in any game my opinion. Offense looked better second half kept it simple and it worked. They will work it out. As for this game if it follows same narrative as last couple match ups I don’t see the winner winning by more than one score. Should be a good one

Dont know who to take in this one. Both looked strong on D, Clinton for sure. Darkhorses shrugged of a 1st half Off debacle and poured it on second half. WRH had no problem. Guess if I had to favor one it would be Clinton. It should be a smash mouth game.

Dont know who to take in this one. Both looked strong on D, Clinton for sure. Darkhorses shrugged of a 1st half Off debacle and poured it on second half. WRH had no problem. Guess if I had to favor one it would be Clinton. It should be a smash mouth game.
So do you think Clinton is underrated or wrh is overrated?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
So do you think Clinton is underrated or wrh is overrated?
Dont put much stock in ratings. I am going off what both teams did first game. Both having played lower tear teams did about the same overall. I would give the nod to Clinton on D and WRH on O. Deciding factor for me is WRH is our conference member. Nothing against the Dogs, I think they are a top tier team. My feelings favor any outcome favorable to SWO. A loss by any ECC member will aid us in playoff seating. We need all the hellp we can get. All in all a win by either would not suprise me in the least. We will see who brings it Friday night.

I think wrh, ed, Clinton, and jk should in the top ten. Duplin Co football is back- plus the horses
I agree with this and want to add and it's in the playoff time but the word is that team up north Roanoke Rapids is for real. Better keep an eye on them for later in the year. Just adding to your statement.

Comparing him to Herbert Dixon? That’s huge shoes but he’s off to a good start still waiting to hear how many sacks he had tonight had to be around 5 or 6 if not more seems like y’all called his name quite a bit.Front 7 will kept us in any game my opinion. Offense looked better second half kept it simple and it worked. They will work it out. As for this game if it follows same narrative as last couple match ups I don’t see the winner winning by more than one score. Should be a good one
Let's not get the ointed oil out so soon. Come now Herbert Dixon. Remember who you just played. I'm sure he is really good but jumping to Herbert Dixon is silly

He said since SINCE HD. Never said he was HD. It’s not like Clinton has been stacking championships with all time players since Dixon’s days. I don’t think the comment was out of pocket at all.

So after 18 years of calling Dark Horse football I can’t say that a kid looks to be the best Defensive player we’ve had since HD? I mean Mohammed Kaba was close too. MK was last great D-1 prospect. This kid plays DT. So I guess apples to oranges but I guess if I’m gonna give a kid some credit why not use our best defensive player in Clinton football history. Why not inspire to be like the late great HD.
Get what you saying some just wanna poke holes in every post trying to find something to make you look bad.

You didn’t give the Wallace guys crap for comparing their defensive stud to Nate Irving. Nate Irving was a beast, that guy must be a bada$$.
He is. Montgomery only had two carry’s last nite after 1700 yards behind Kanye last year. He is a beast at linebacker. Very nice and respectful off the field. Not sure he’s needed at rb. He hit 41 for EB last night like Javonte hit Smith for Clinton years ago. You could’ve heard that hit a mile away at FoodLion. Only difference was 41 didn’t return

He is. Montgomery only had two carry’s last nite after 1700 yards behind Kanye last year. He is a beast at linebacker. Very nice and respectful off the field. Not sure he’s needed at rb. He hit 41 for EB last night like Javonte hit Smith for Clinton years ago. You could’ve heard that hit a mile away at FoodLion. Only difference was 41 didn’t return
We know he is the point 04 was trying to make is why is this guy calling him out for making a comparison when you did the same thing.

I don’t have dog in this fight.Just a true fan of high school football.Wallace haz to be the favorite.61 points on EB.State runner up .Truth be known.They made Shelby all - American front seven look like pop Warner in first half.Ate my words last yr .Thought the wing t waz dead but I am wrong 50 percent of the time

Goob this might be one worth making a trip down for. I know Otis is skipping the WC game for this one.
Yea I'll be there. Hard for me to make a pick since I haven't seen WRH but I did see Clinton scrimmage. Without a doubt this will be another close hard hitting rivalry game. It's why I'm going. I can see both teams that I really enjoy watching. May be the only game of mine I'll be able to miss because I have to miss another game so I can go to Arkansas to watch my cousin play in Springdale.
@FB is my Life will probably go with me.

Yea I'll be there. Hard for me to make a pick since I haven't seen WRH but I did see Clinton scrimmage. Without a doubt this will be another close hard hitting rivalry game. It's why I'm going. I can see both teams that I really enjoy watching. May be the only game of mine I'll be able to miss because I have to miss another game so I can go to Arkansas to watch my cousin play in Springdale.
@FB is my Life will probably go with me.
otis is that the kid that's the weight lifter you were showing me a while back??

otis is that the kid that's the weight lifter you were showing me a while back??
Yea. Bo Williams He won the lifting in the state for the 182-198 weight class regardless of age. He is a Jr this year. Played as a freshman and won a state title then last year they lost the state title. He's a rb/ Linebacker. I'm certain he will end up a razorback.

otis....you are a true high school football fan...your boys idle this week or are you just going to a good game??
We have a non conf game with South Central. Kinston came back and beat them Friday. We scrimmaged Kinston and outplayed them so I hope we can beat South Central. I don't want to miss more than 2 games so going to see WRH and Clinton play each other is a no brainer for me.

what happens with RR is they have no competition and when playoff time comes, they haven't been tested, imho
Roanoke Rapids like us were young last season and they gave St Pauls all they wanted in that playoff lost(44-36 in OT i think)last season only had 9 seniors I counted in roster. They return a lot. May not be the popular choice but could be a team that ends up in the final 4 of the East

Clinton must really be improved with some predicting them to win or play a close game.
be improved? they beat WRH the last 3 times they played them ( not being able to play last year because of covid quarantine and neither team could work it into their schedule; Clinton needed to pick up two games because of the quarantine but could only pick up one, this being a regular season game short. Won their last 3 ECC championship 2018,2019, spring 2021; before being taken out of the league last year. Went 8-3 last season. I reckon there's always room for improvement, but I wouldn't sell them short.

He said since SINCE HD. Never said he was HD. It’s not like Clinton has been stacking championships with all time players since Dixon’s days. I don’t think the comment was out of pocket at all.
uh a player like Herbert Dixon only comes about just a few times in any school's history. In my opinion, Clinton has had two Herbert Dixon, and Leonard Henry. Both with the ability to take over a game singlehandedly on both sides of the ball. As far as stacking championships, Clinton has done very well in the past 32 years, 10 state championship appearances and winning 5 of them. We're happy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT