ADVERTISEMENT

Air Your Grievances Here I Guess

Week 2: Who ya got? Horses traveling to the Pound.

• WRH

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Clinton

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
be improved? they beat WRH the last 3 times they played them ( not being able to play last year because of covid quarantine and neither team could work it into their schedule; Clinton needed to pick up two games because of the quarantine but could only pick up one, this being a regular season game short. Won their last 3 ECC championship 2018,2019, spring 2021; before being taken out of the league last year. Went 8-3 last season. I reckon there's always room for improvement, but I wouldn't sell them short.
Okay - no problem. Like I said, seriously they must’ve improved.…WRH played for the gold last year and loaded again. Go Clinton. WOE - been around long enough to know you know what’s going on. I’m in like white on rice🤠

Reactions: dogs79
Oh yeah before I forget it. Who can beat Shelby in the playoffs? WOE tell me the news my man. I’m a Cleveland County die hard. Those Golden Lions will be tough out if the QB stays healthy. So will Burns.

Reactions: dogs79
Okay - no problem. Like I said, seriously they must’ve improved.…WRH played for the gold last year and loaded again. Go Clinton. WOE - been around long enough to know you know what’s going on. I’m in like white on they beat

They have beaten wallace n wallace still went to state the same year. Couple time wallace made it or game close to going n winning it and still had a lost to clinton in the process so when it comes to these 2 school they both knows what's up with each other. And I'm a darkhorse c/o 98

Think it will be a good, competitive game as always. Hard to judge anything from either team last week given the competition each faced.

Whomever wins will be automatically moved to favorite status in the east in the 2nd week of the season. Whomever loses will still be hyped to be the favorite in their respective leagues.

Both teams have been hyped on here all summer. One based on what they did last year, one based on not so much last year, or year before, or year before that, but a while back.

Not picking a winner but plan to be there. Like I said I think it will be a good game but would caution against reading too much into the results as performance the balance of the season.

Still trying to figure what hype…cause we said the team was working hard and looked good during summer lol doesn’t everybody say that…….Don’t think I ever seen anyone say” I was watching the guys workout on the practice field this summer man they looked like absolute crap”

Last edited:
Im done I was just curious I mean other schools talk up the work their guys are putting in and compliment them we do it it gets thrown in our face lol ok I guess when you haven’t beaten a team much lately your left grasping at whatever straws you can find. Hope for a clean injury free contest good luck to both teams Friday especially #25.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
I mean i ain’t much else left to say gave my thoughts I talk to much anyway gonna just sit back and read maybe someone will post how they think we hype ourselves up too much cause they saw a Clinton fan clap one time at a first down.

Clinton must really be improved with some predicting them to win or play a close game.
I know Clinton can win this game. Simmons may pick Clinton. Everyone in our area knows WRH may lose this game. O line is playing good but are young. First test Friday. Defense is aggressive., fast and strong. First test Friday. Clinton is like duke to me. Can’t stand either one but that doesn’t mean they don’t have my respect. Ok , I don’t respect duke. 🖕WRH’s 3 biggest and best rivalries are JK, Clinton, and ED. Don’t like in that order.

I know Clinton can win this game. Simmons may pick Clinton. Everyone in our area knows WRH may lose this game. O line is playing good but are young. First test Friday. Defense is aggressive., fast and strong. First test Friday. Clinton is like duke to me. Can’t stand either one but that doesn’t mean they don’t have my respect. Ok , I don’t respect duke. 🖕WRH’s 3 biggest and best rivalries are JK, Clinton, and ED. Don’t like in that order.
I can’t help it, good opportunity to boast. Who’s the team that these team’s want to beat the most. Yep!

Its gonna be a battle Friday night, Clinton has had our number. Seems like an eternity ago since last time they beat the horses. I was not able to make EB-WRH game due to me being out of town for mine and my wifes anniversary so I really do not have a read on how good WRH is. I am keeping my expectations a little low for now. So i will not predict the winner of this game. I will be there selling half n half tickets, so you guys give me a holler when you come through the home side gate.

I have to be honest. I have pulled for ED against Hibritan in 17 and Clinton against Shelby years ago but I have never and never will pull for JK.
Why you dislike Jk so much? I mean Jk hasn't been a threat to y'all in 7yrs, last season was the closest game we have played y'all since the Eastern championship game back in 2015. So why so much hate for your lil brother Jk?

Definitely not me. You guys are public enemy #1. Now alot of respect comes with that distinction, and I think yal are 1 or 2 in the east.
It's all with respect for Wallace and Clinton. But be fine if y'all both lost every game. LOL. This is what makes it fun. I definitely think ED is up there. It's all about our O line play and that seems to be coming along just fine so far. Time will tell for all of us. And I think JK will have something to say about things too

To my surprise, some folks here are surprised Clinton wins this one.

To my surprise, some folks here are surprised Clinton wins this one.
I think if you are going to beat Clinton this is a good time. Breaking in a new Qb and have a lot of youth in other positions. I can see where they may be looking at it from that angle. To me when I saw Clinton in a scrimmage what I saw was a team with a lot of potential. They have a lot of depth and they used that a lot in the scrimmage. I never saw #2 catch a pass in a position to get yards but once and he did really good. I never saw #10 with the ball but I did hear a lot of good talk on him. He has the size and frame to be really good on both sides of the ball. Then #3 got open on the far side and I was shocked at the speed I saw from this kid. You better keep him in check. He was just before becoming a blur watching him. So I know Clinton has talent. I'll hype them up cause I saw them. I saw my own team scrimmage the next day after Clinton's scrimmage and it had me wishing I hadn't gone to Clinton. We are way off the mark from them. Their games with WRH and ED (if they play) should be fun to watch. There is always great football over in that neck of the woods between Duplin County and Sampson County. I admit to being envious of it but in a respectful way. I don't want to get caught in the middle with the Clinton guy's and the Wallace Rose Hill guy's. I really like all of you I have met. I'm trying to straddle that fence.

Can’t sit on their side tho. You can vist 😳
See what I mean!! I got a cousin on the Clinton side. I have made a lot of friends on the Wallace side. There's good people on both sides. Both love the game and their team. I need to call Larry and see how he is doing. Hopefully he will be there. For those that don't know I was sitting at a WRH game and Dogs79 had introduced me to Kevin Motsinger's parents. I was telling them where I was from and the guy on the other side of me spoke up and said he use to work in Vanceboro. Turns out he is a retired highway patrolman that had me for drunk driving in my wilder days but because of how I acted with him he cut me a break. Now he don't remember it and he made over 280 dui arrest that year but he sure gave me a break. He don't know it but I had something on me that would have been worse had he taken me in. I was a mess back then. But I have a good job with a good retirement and had I gotten that on my record it would have changed my course of work back then. So I was glad to meet him again and he has gone out and eat with us before games. I value his friendship now. It's a small world when you really get out and start talking to people.

If any of you Clinton guy's know Jack and Gina Hamilton Gina is my 1st cousin.

Last edited:
Appreciate that @Otis4411 im sure they won’t mind you hyping us a bit. I agree with what you said still a lot of youth but tons of protential once the offense catches up with the defense who knows what might happen. Idk if you got a chance to see #4 he is #3s younger brother may be just as fast if not faster. I’m looking forward to the challenge of Wallace.People are going to harp on our competition from the first game but 16 sacks is 16 sacks I like our dline vs anyone. We know we not facing Goldsboro on Friday but Wallace ain’t facing East Bladen either. It should be a good game.

Last edited:
Appreciate that @Otis4411 im sure they won’t mind you hyping us a bit. I agree with what you said still a lot of youth but tons of protential once the offense catches up with the defense who knows what might happen. Idk if you got a chance to see #4 he is #3s younger brother may be just as fast if not faster. I’m looking forward to the challenge of Wallace people are going to harp on our competition from the first game but 16 sacks is 16 sacks I like our dline vs anyone. We know we not facing Goldsboro on Friday but Wallace ain’t facing East Bladen either. It should be a good game.
You had me till you talked about Wallace harping. We’ll leave the harping (crying) to those who earned the crying title.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT