9. East Surry
10. Lincoln Charter
11. Morehead
12. Edenton Holmes
13. CHASE
14. RS Central
15. McMichael

Go Burns go!

East Gaston looking pretty good at 16 as well.

CVAC final standings

Bandys 12-2
Lincolnton 11-3
Bunker Hill 9-5
West Lincoln 9-5
Maiden 7-7
East Burke 5-9
Newton Conover 3-11
West Caldwell 0-14

I’m pretty sure that Bunker Hill gets the 3 seed for the conference tourney due to their split with Lincolnton.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Just looking at potential playoff teams. Don’t forget about Madison… they’ll be a conference winner most likely and they’re outside of the top 32 in RPI.

That’s means #32…whoever it is… will be bumped out….kinda like North Stanly during football. There could be others outside the top 32…maybe a 2nd place team that gets an automatic bid… but I didn’t see it.

Also…I thought this was funny….the RPI difference between #3 West Stokes and #4 Burns is .000064.

That’s nuts!😜

Same applies to the East….a couple of conference winners outside of the top 32 in RPI is likely….I think.

Jordan Matthews? Franklin Academy?…I could be wrong. Please correct me if you know.

Shocked to see Cummings and Graham with 0-0 records. Did they not field a team?…is that right?
Even Seaforth fielded a team! Have mercy!

Same applies to the East….a couple of conference winners outside of the top 32 in RPI is likely….I think.

Jordan Matthews? Franklin Academy?…I could be wrong. Please correct me if you know.

Shocked to see Cummings and Graham with 0-0 records. Did they not field a team?…is that right?
Even Seaforth fielded a team! Have mercy!
Seaforth’s team was all 9th/10th graders. They did play a varsity schedule however. Not great team but not awful. In a couple of years should be pretty good.
Oh and their coach looks like he is 13 or 14 himself…😂

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Congrats to East Davidson on finishing first place in the CCC. The Golden Eagles finished the regular season at 14-7 overall/11-1 conference. Next up is the CCC Tournament which should give us a first round bye. Then after that is on to the state playoffs. Hats off to Keaton Hawks and the outstanding job he has done with those young men at East. Hopefully we should get a couple of state playoff games at home but we will see.

Overall NC 2a rankings…Max Preps 4/21/22

1. Randleman
2. East Duplin
3. East Rutherford
4. Camden County
5. North Stanly
6. West Craven
7. Lincoln Charter
8. East Surry
9. West Stokes
10. RS Central
11. Burns
12. CHASE
13. Whiteville
14. McMichael
15. Edenton Holmes

3 of them from Rutherford County…who knew?

Playing good baseball and softball in RC this year.

Shelby could be a sneaky team for a higher seed. Getting one of their best pitchers back and some pretty good bats in the line-up. They've had some tough loses this year. Their defense has been a bit of a bugaboo. Right now would be on the road in the 1st round so a higher seed needs to take them seriously.

Really happy for Coach Emery and his team this year. Great turn around from last year.

Overall NC 2a rankings…Max Preps 4/21/22

1. Randleman
2. East Duplin
3. East Rutherford
4. Camden County
5. North Stanly
6. West Craven
7. Lincoln Charter
8. East Surry
9. West Stokes
10. RS Central
11. Burns
12. CHASE
13. Whiteville
14. McMichael
15. Edenton Holmes

3 of them from Rutherford County…who knew?
East Rutherford is in first place at 10-2 in conference play. RS Central and Chase are tied for 2nd going into the last week of conference play at 8-2! RS and Chase play each other Tuesday and Friday this week. If RS sweeps Chase this week they win the conference. If Chase sweeps RS theywin the conference. If RS and Chase split this week, East hangs on to first place. It will all come down to Friday night!

East Rutherford is in first place at 10-2 in conference play. RS Central and Chase are tied for 2nd going into the last week of conference play at 8-2! RS and Chase play each other Tuesday and Friday this week. If RS sweeps Chase this week they win the conference. If Chase sweeps RS theywin the conference. If RS and Chase split this week, East hangs on to first place. It will all come down to Friday night!
The way it should be. That is awesome.

Maiden, Bandys, Bunker Hill advance in the CVAC tourney.

Surprisingly….Bunker Hill has Newton Conover scheduled next as if Newton beat Lincolnton last night…but I haven’t seen that score yet.
Shocked if it’s true!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Maiden, Bandys, Bunker Hill advance in the CVAC tourney.

Surprisingly….Bunker Hill has Newton Conover scheduled next as if Newton beat Lincolnton last night…but I haven’t seen that score yet.
Shocked if it’s true!
On Lincolnton’s MaxPreps page it shows that NC beat them 9-5. Newton’s page doesn’t show them as playing a game.
***edit…NC ‘s page does show they won 9-5 now

On a different note, it really surprises me how Bunker Hill and Maiden have struggled this year. I know kids go through a lot of changes from middle school to high school, but when my son was in the 7th grade at Mill Creek (middle school for Bandys) the 8th graders from Bunker Hill were extremely strong. Same thing for Maiden. I think Bunker Hill either went 13-1 or 14-0. Their current senior class were those 8th graders. Mill Creek was really good the next year going 13-1, and those 8th graders are now Bandys’ Juniors +/- a few (4 seniors and 9 juniors. My son is a Junior and now plays for RS Central (only 4 seniors and 11 Juniors). Bandys and RS Central both have a starting Freshman and a starting Sophmore on their teams as well. I really hope we see a RS Central/Bandys matchup this year or next in the playoffs. That’s a great bunch of kids their at Bandys. Next year I truly wouldn’t be surprised to see Bandys and RS Central playing each other in the Western Finals.

• Love
CVAC Tourney continues tonight at Legion field at the fairgrounds.

Newton Conover vs Bunker Hill at 5pm

Maiden vs Bandys after that 1st game..prolly 7ish.

Rumor has it that the championship game has been changed to Thursday night instead of Friday night due to high chance of rain.

These games are huge due to the RPI implications with Bunker Hill currently holding the 31st spot and Maiden sitting just outside the top 32.

I’m worried about Lincolnton….perilously clinging to the 30th spot with no more games to play. Ugh! Hang on Wolves!😉

However…I do believe that Lincolnton gets the automatic bid for finishing 2nd regardless of RPI…yep…Bandys is gonna be hard to beat for the teams remaining in the tourney.

Let’s go! Boom Devils. IT AINT OVER!😜

We had ‘em on the ropes…til the opening pitch!😂

Congrats to Bandy’s …on a 10-0 win over Maiden.

It’s Bandys-Bunker Hill tomorrow night!

Good luck to each team!😉

Reactions: guy1577
The way it should be. That is awesome.
RS Central got the win Tuesday night against Chase 15-5. Friday’s game has been moved to tonight. I gave you guys some bad information about how the conference standings would play out. I thought the tiebreaker would be the wins against the higher ranked conference opponents because RS Central and East Rutherford split during the regular season this year. The Mountain Foothills 2A do not have a conference tournament. If Chase wins tonight then East Rutherford will be Conference Champions. If RS Central wins tonight, East Rutherford and RS Central will be Co-Champions, but will play a tie breaking game on Saturday, May 7th at a neutral site to decide NCHSAA state tournament seeding.

Last edited:
Congrats to Bandy’s for winning the CVAC conference tourney over Bunker Hill.

Bandy’s will be the conference champion.

Lincolnton will have an automatic berth for finishing 2nd.

Currently…due to RPI…Bunker Hill will secure an “at large” berth.

Let’s go CVAC.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
How I see it…gotta feeling the boys from Cleveland and Rutherford are gonna wear me out!😂 yeah!….I know…the brackets ain’t ready yet!

Randleman - Lincolnton
North Stanly - Bunker Hill
Burns - West Wilkes
East Surry - Hendersonville
West Stokes - West Davidson
East Rutherford - Surry Central
Lincoln charter - Mt Pleasant
West Stanly - Polk
Bandys - Shelby 👀
East Davidson - Brevard 👀
Madison - Forbush
Morehead - North Surry
RS Central -Walkertown
McMichael - Trinity
East Gaston - PLP 👀
Chase - CSD 👀

Randleman-Chase 👀
North Stanly- East Gaston👀
Burns -McMichael 👀
East Surry- RS Central 👀
West Stokes-Morehead 👀
East Rutherford-Forbush
Lincoln Charter- East Davidson
West Stanly- Shelby

Randleman-West Stanly
North Stanly-Lincoln Charter👀
Burns- East Rutherford 👀
East Surry - Morehead 👀

Randleman- Morehead 👀
North Stanly- East Rutherford 👀

Randleman- North Stanly 👀

North Stanly Comets!

There ya go!

Maiden is out! Sooo…Let’s call this a wrap… and move on to football season!
😂😂😂😂

Good luck to all the teams! Go Reds!❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: oldway55
How I see it…gotta feeling the boys from Cleveland and Rutherford are gonna wear me out!😂 yeah!….I know…the brackets ain’t ready yet!

Randleman - Lincolnton
North Stanly - Bunker Hill
Burns - West Wilkes
East Surry - Hendersonville
West Stokes - West Davidson
East Rutherford - Surry Central
Lincoln charter - Mt Pleasant
West Stanly - Polk
Bandys - Shelby 👀
East Davidson - Brevard 👀
Madison - Forbush
Morehead - North Surry
RS Central -Walkertown
McMichael - Trinity
East Gaston - PLP 👀
Chase - CSD 👀

Randleman-Chase 👀
North Stanly- East Gaston👀
Burns -McMichael 👀
East Surry- RS Central 👀
West Stokes-Morehead 👀
East Rutherford-Forbush
Lincoln Charter- East Davidson
West Stanly- Shelby

Randleman-West Stanly
North Stanly-Lincoln Charter👀
Burns- East Rutherford 👀
East Surry - Morehead 👀

Randleman- Morehead 👀
North Stanly- East Rutherford 👀

Randleman- North Stanly 👀

North Stanly Comets!

There ya go!

Maiden is out! Sooo…Let’s call this a wrap… and move on to football season!
😂😂😂😂

Good luck to all the teams! Go Reds!❤️
RS Central beat Chase last night and are Co-Champions with East Rutherford in the Mountain Foothills 2A. RS Central beat East Rutherford at home this year, and East Rutherford beat RS Central at their place this year. They have a tiebreaker game for state tournament seeding this Saturday at a neutral site. The are playing at the Forest City Owls‘ Mcnair Field At 12:00pm. It’s going to be a goodin’ !!!

RS Central beat Chase last night and are Co-Champions with East Rutherford in the Mountain Foothills 2A. RS Central beat East Rutherford at home this year, and East Rutherford beat RS Central at their place this year. They have a tiebreaker game for state tournament seeding this Saturday at a neutral site. The are playing at the Forest City Owls‘ Mcnair Field At 12:00pm. It’s going to be a goodin’ !!!
Leave it to those Rutherford boys to mess up my bracket already.😂

Congrats to East Davidson on the 8-0 win over West Davidson and winning the CCC Tournament Championship! Keaton Hawks and the rest of the coaching staff have done one heck of a job having these young men prepared and ready to play this year. East Davidson will be strong for the next few years. We only lose 3 starters (1 pitcher) off of this years team. With the JV team we have coming up the future looks bright for the Golden Eagles. Now on to the state playoffs!

East Rutherford got us today. Great conference tie breaker game!
3-2 East over RS Central. East gets the #1 slot and we get the #2 slot for the state tournament.
As it shows right now on MaxPreps East Rutherford will get the #2 seed in the west. My guess is RS Central will get the #12 seed.

East Rutherford got us today. Great conference tie breaker game!
3-2 East over RS Central. East gets the #1 slot and we get the #2 slot for the state tournament.
As it shows right now on MaxPreps East Rutherford will get the #2 seed in the west. My guess is RS Central will get the #12 seed.
It’s based on RPI now… not Max Preps rankings.

Look at….”NCHSAA Baseball RPI's updated Daily” thread….that Hon posted.

Click RPI…then select 2a West….and you can see where all the teams are ranked by RPI

It’s based on RPI now… not Max Preps rankings.

Look at….”NCHSAA Baseball RPI's updated Daily” thread….that Hon posted.

Click RPI…then select 2a West….and you can see where all the teams are ranked by RPI
You’re right! I just found it. There are also 12 conferences, so seed #13 is the best RS Central can do. Not sure that will happen though with West Stokes, Morehead, and McMichael coming from the same conference.

You’re right! I just found it. There are also 12 conferences, so seed #13 is the best RS Central can do. Not sure that will happen though with West Stokes, Morehead, and McMichael coming from the same conference.
Got to be… one tough conference over there!
Y’all got one too! 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT