Lincolnton 5-2

West Lincoln 5-2

East Burke 4-3

Maiden 4-3

Bunker Hill 3-4

Newton Conover 1-6

West Caldwell 0-7

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Orange/blue team going to be tough in 2A playoffs again probably.

Dang it…
They would have to be the favorite.

Max Preps 2a ranking as of today.

1. Randleman
2. East Surry
3. R S Central
4. E. Rutherford
5. Pine Lake Prep
6. Lincoln Charter
7. McMichael
8. Morehead
9. Burns
10. West Stanly

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Just watched Trinity beat Providence Grove 8-2. Score was 5-2 till PG blew up in the top of the seventh. Lefty for Trinity hit a nice, two-run shot over the right field fence in the third inning. Trinity pitcher threw an awesome game.

Trinity's not a bad team at all. Their shortstop is good.

Just watched Trinity beat Providence Grove 8-2. Score was 5-2 till PG blew up in the top of the seventh. Lefty for Trinity hit a nice, two-run shot over the right field fence in the third inning. Trinity pitcher threw an awesome game.

Trinity's not a bad team at all. Their shortstop is good.
It appears Trinity has a firm hold on 2nd place in the conference…but they haven’t played Randleman yet. Those 2 games will be big …when they happen.

Reactions: thekidd12
It appears Trinity has a firm hold on 2nd place in the conference…but they haven’t played Randleman yet. Those 2 games will be big …when they happen.
Trinity has a good home grown team. Unfortunately they won’t touch orange/blue team. Mostly because roundabout has made excellent use of the transfer portal 😂

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Keaton Hawks has East Davidson playing fairly well right now. We are sitting at 6-5 overall and 4-0 in the CCC. We still have a little ways to go as far the season goes. The conference has changed a great deal since Ledford, North Davidson, Central and Oak Grove moved up to 3A. It is good to see that Keaton has set this team up with a tough non-conference schedule to help them do well within the conference. Stay focused and keep playing hard Golden Eagles!!!

The Burns folks have been really excited for this group. Only defeat came to Crest and that took a walk off triple for the Chargers to get the win.
Also beat Crest earlier in the year, and Kings Mountain. I wouldn't say we're the team to beat in the state. But definitely the conference (even though that may not be saying much).

Well......Orange/Blue wins 10-0 over in Climax tonight. Tigers scored four runs in the third and six runs in the seventh. The lefty for Randleman pitched a really good game. He has a nasty breaker.

PG has got to get the bats going if they want to win games.

CVAC

Bandy’s 8-2

Lincolnton 7-3

Bunker Hill 6-4

Maiden 6-4

West Lincoln 6-4

East Burke 4-6

Newton Conover 3-7

West Caldwell 0-10

Lincolnton with a big win over Bandy’s…kept the rest of us in it…for now.😜

Had a feeling Bunker Hill wuddn’t done.

West Lincoln has beat Maiden twice….they’re still mad about that football season. 😂 Ugh!

It’s getting good!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
East Duplin is a very solid team down east. They are 13- 0 and rolling. Three good left handed pitchers and a couple of right handers. Could make some noise in the playoffs.

Max Preps rankings…2a East

1. East Duplin
2. Camden County
3. Edenton Holmes
4. West Craven
5. Fairmont
6. North Pitt
7. Whiteville
8. South Lenior
9. Goldsboro
10 Greene Central

Reactions: oldway55
East Duplin with another win last night over a traditionally strong North Lenoir squad 6-0. Nick Cavenaugh with a 1 hitter, complete game shutout while striking out 16. Panthers go to 14-0 and 7-0 in the ECC. Same two battle tonight in Beulaville. An ED win would go a long way in clinching the conference championship as they would be heavily favored in their last two series of the regular season with Wallace Rose Hill and Kinston.

East Davidson has been playing really well. That tough non-conference schedule has paid off. Keaton Hawks has done a tremendous job with that team. It just goes to show you that hard work goes a long way. The Golden Eagles are setting at 11-6 overall/8-0 in the conference.

"Play like your in first, practice like you're in second"

Burns beat East Gaston last night. With a sweep of Shelby the week after Spring Break, Burns will win the conference. A split, and they'll be a tie with EG.

Max Preps 2a West rankings 4/14/22

1. Randleman
2. Lincoln Charter
3. East Rutherford
4. East Surry
5. Morehead
6. North Stanly
7. McMichael
8. RS Central
9. Pine Lake Prep
10. Burns

9 of 10 teams are still here from the last time I posted it.
West Stanly fell out and North Stanly moved in.

As of right now, I plan on being there.

What kind of a show we talking about here? Hopefully a lot better than the Orange/Blue basketball PA guy. That guy's terrible..........
Well it’s definitely better than anything the roundabouts put out 👍
Have heard some say they thought the Bulls were taking the field…
Mid 90s Bulls 😂😂

Orange/Blue whips Trinity 10-0 at the roundabouts tonight. Tigers jumped out of the gate with four runs and cruised. Bulldogs had no answer for Ryan White. I'm not sure White gave up a hit.

Brooks Brannon set the state record for RBI's in a season tonight. Congrats to him.

North Stanly has ripped through the 2a West rankings like a comet!😜

…AND…the Comets have the best RPI in 2a west…currently.

Look out!…Orange and Blue.😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
East Duplin is a very solid team down east. They are 13- 0 and rolling. Three good left handed pitchers and a couple of right handers. Could make some noise in the playoffs.
East Duplin has the best RPI in ALL of 2a …currently.
They’re rolling!😉

Speaking of Orange/Blue......

those jokers hit five home runs last night in their 6-1 win over Northern Guilford. If this keeps going, I'm putting them right up there with the 1927 Yankees.......

• Haha
Great game tonight in Ramseur. ER holds off PG 5-3. Both teams were hitting the ball pretty well. Sam Asbill took the win for the Cats.
Samuel Asbill…coach shortened his name for lineup card 😂
Sorry you didn’t get to experience the ER announcing extravaganza…
Had a prior commitment that precluded him being there…
Turned out it was a no hitter…😂

Samuel Asbill…coach shortened his name for lineup card 😂
Sorry you didn’t get to experience the ER announcing extravaganza…
Had a prior commitment that precluded him being there…
Turned out it was a no hitter…😂
Yeah, I was wondering what was going on. It sounded like a 7 year old was announcing. He/she sounded frightened.

The best part about Tuesday was the crowd between fields having to dodge balls every ten seconds.

Outstanding game in Climax tonight. ER wins 2-0 over PG. Awesome pitcher's duel between Logan Smith and Andrew Canter. Kahlen Graham hit a huge bloop single to right to drive in a run in the seventh. Jayden Moffitt picked up the save. I can't believe Smith is just a freshman.

I would've paid a little more attention to the game but I was enthralled by the pitching of Emma Mazzarone on the "other" field. She's tough. PG was beating Orange/Blue 4-0 when I left. I think PG's still undefeated in softball. They need to transfer some of that mojo to the baseball team.

Outstanding game in Climax tonight. ER wins 2-0 over PG. Awesome pitcher's duel between Logan Smith and Andrew Canter. Kahlen Graham hit a huge bloop single to right to drive in a run in the seventh. Jayden Moffitt picked up the save. I can't believe Smith is just a freshman.

I would've paid a little more attention to the game but I was enthralled by the pitching of Emma Mazzarone on the "other" field. She's tough. PG was beating Orange/Blue 4-0 when I left. I think PG's still undefeated in softball. They need to transfer some of that mojo to the baseball team.
And Samuel Asbill is a sophomore…

Overall NC 2a rankings…Max Preps 4/21/22

1. Randleman
2. East Duplin
3. East Rutherford
4. Camden County
5. North Stanly
6. West Craven
7. Lincoln Charter
8. East Surry
9. West Stokes
10. RS Central
11. Burns
12. CHASE
13. Whiteville
14. McMichael
15. Edenton Holmes

3 of them from Rutherford County…who knew?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT