ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Hoggard (13-0) at #1 Scotland County (12-1)

Who wins?

• Hoggard

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Scotland County

Votes: 31 55.4%

• Total voters
we loose Friday i will give Hoggard all the props because at the end of the day nothing we say on here has anything to do with the outcome of these games!
Just like u put loose. We're u trying lose. I wasn't going to go there but since u did.

Ur a special kind of stupid. Cant come at my team so u try to come at me personally. I'm just stating facts and ur upset. Come at me all u want. U will be gone from here come Friday night.

Ur a special kind of stupid. Cant come at my team so u try to come at me personally. I'm just stating facts and ur upset. Come at me all u want. U will be gone from here come Friday night.
Please come at me. You didn't know any better it is ok. I like you any way! I don't take any of this on a personal level. I know nothing about you! You could be the president of the free world! You never mentioned your team you said you were not a raider so are you just lying to stay in the game?

maxprep now has Hoggard as the favorite here, Scotland’s 40 point mauling of South Central dropped them down
I hope the SCOTS can find a way to win .
I feel your pain. That’s been our world since conf Play started. Beat the wheels off someone and drop 7 spots. Where I don’t have a problem with this new ranking system, this is why we don’t need a company out of California ranking our teams. Everyone who has seen both of these teams know that SC will and should be favored.

I feel your pain. That’s been our world since conf Play started. Beat the wheels off someone and drop 7 spots. Where I don’t have a problem with this new ranking system, this is why we don’t need a company out of California ranking our teams. Everyone who has seen both of these teams know that SC will and should be favored.
Nope that is the set-up that everyone wants to play. You couldn't have asked for a better situation your coaches won't say it or players but there was huge sigh about not playing against #34. Not wishing him any injury but saying man that just put this game in play and us as the favorite.

This could be a great game. I think the “X” factor is Scotland’s O line. You can’t score the way they have without some great up front play along with some great blocking down field. I think Zamir will inspire them on the sideline and they have a couple of folks that can carry the ball and handle that in his absence. It may not be the big breakaways Zamir had, but that could lead to ball control.

On the other hand this is a Hoggard team that sounds awfully good. Teams can change and mature a lot in a year at that age. This should be a good one and it may come down to who plays the most disciplined game.

The real question is who can stop the other with their Defensive play. Should be a good one!

Hahahaha. Scots fans.
Dilusuonal - maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness. When have u ever heard a crazy person admit to being crazy. Scots fans.

The first thing you want to make sure of when defining a word is spell the word your defining correctly.

Don't have a team. Go to good high school games and watch good games. I don't take it personally. I think it's pretty funny how yaw r so passionate for ur team. Have seen scotland play this year. Zamir was a great player and I was impressed with bell. Smiley is a great back but doesnt have the speed as white or wall. I just think hoggard will stop yaw's run. Then what does scotland do. Hoggard has a great cb. As for ur defense well it is what it is. Hoggard can run or throw. More complete offense then scotland. I was at the cape fear game last year and after the first half I figured scotland would adjust and come out and come back. Matter fact any team with a small lead in the first half scares me. Everything is working, the team that is losing adjust and can come back. But it let me down when scotland still didn't have no answer for cape fear. Just looked shell shocked even in the second half. Not knocking on the boys that goes higher up. U can have all the jimmy and Joes u want, but if u don't have the right scheme it doesn't matter. Everything is against scotland. Hoggard played who was put in front of them and won. Who cares if it's by 1 or 40. They won. They have a defense and defense wins championships. Yaw try to outscore everyone. Example richmond game. Hoggard don't have to outscore yaw. When they hold yaw a couple of possessions yaw will be scared. As yaw r always stating we have scored this many on that many possessions. Don't worry it will all be over soon and yaw will be just like the bears. He gone!!!

Last edited:
Thanks raider. Poked big brother now little brother starts. This wasn't even directed towards u or ur team. First thing u need to do is see if someone is speaking to u before responding.

Don't have a team. Go to good high school games and watch good games. I don't take it personally. I think it's pretty funny how yaw r so passionate for ur team. Have seen scotland play this year. Zamir was a great player and I was impressed with wall. Smiley is a great back but doesnt have the speed as white or wall. I just think hoggard will stop yaw's run. Then what does scotland do. Hoggard has a great cb. As for ur defense well it is what it is. Hoggard can run or throw. More complete offense then scotland. I was at the cape fear game last year and after the first half I figured scotland would adjust and come out and come back. Matter fact any team with a small lead in the first half scares me. Everything is working, the team that is losing adjust and can come back. But it let me down when scotland still didn't have no answer for cape fear. Just looked shell shocked even in the second half. Not knocking on the boys that goes higher up. U can have all the jimmy and Joes u want, but if u don't have the right scheme it doesn't matter. Everything is against scotland. Hoggard played who was put in front of them and won. Who cares if it's by 1 or 40. They won. They have a defense and defense wins championships. Yaw try to outscore everyone. Example richmond game. Hoggard don't have to outscore yaw. When they hold yaw a couple of possessions yaw will be scared. As yaw r always stating we have scored this many on that many possessions. Don't worry it will all be over soon and yaw will be just like the bears. He gone!!!
Hey mister Robinson

I've had a change of mind. Scots 60 hoggard 40. Scots defense don't stop hoggard but a few times but hoggard has never seen the likes of the mighty scots. Their massive oline curb stomps hoggard defense and runs them into the ground. Then the scots will run over a charlotte team for the championship.

As someone who was on the hoggard team last year I can promise that this isn't the same team and they will hold their own against scotland. I do remember the scots absolutely giving it to us in the first quarter last year and I'm sure the other guys that are seniors now do too. I think they'll have a really good attitude going into the game because we were in a very similar scenario last year as we faced Hillside again after getting beat down by them in the year prior and we played with a big chip on our shoulder and really shocked a lot of people by beating them. Just thought I'd throw that out there

Not sure why when it comes to forums people just can't take someone else's opinion as is. I see it as both defenses are over matched and how will they handle the first 12 min will be key. SOS is something to look at going into the match up. I only watch SC in jamboree at LHS(dillion who is playing for a state title this week) and on live stream hillside/71st and Hoggard during the PS game. Both teams have the ability to battle up front but for me to give the advantage to Hoggard I would have to see them really dominate someone and just from the outside I haven't seen it. SC on the other hand has dominated up front and I see that continuing. Only thing that I see is SC not taking care of the little things ie. false starts, holding, DPI and the field positioning game comes into play when things get tight. I see SC up 20 going into the 4th and Hoggard fighting until the end.

I think one part of this game that will have a huge impact that no one is talking about will be officiating. The officials for this game being that it is a 4th round game will be from out of area to both teams. They will have no experience with either team. That can be a good thing or bad. Especially for Scotland, because of them being so run dominate. If you get a crew that is not used to OL staying on blocks and finishing them it could result in a lot of holding penalties that aren't usually called by officials used to that style. If they are used to teams who play finesse or air raid styles they tend to call things a little tighter than officials in this area. Now the Scots are more than capable of overcoming penalties but penalties at bad times hurt anybody. But i do think tight officiating favors the more balanced teams. Just my 2 cents.

SC offensive line is very good. If Hoggard loses the battle at the LOS than SC will do what they do and score and score a lot. That puts a lot of pressure on the Hoggard offense to try and keep up. If Hoggard Def line can hold their on and slow the Scots, the offense will not have to score every poss. No ones front has been able to slow down SC but with White out it provides a different game for sure. Hoggard front 6-7 will have to hold their own and the offense will have to play great to pull off the upset.

SC offensive line is very good. If Hoggard loses the battle at the LOS than SC will do what they do and score and score a lot. That puts a lot of pressure on the Hoggard offense to try and keep up. If Hoggard Def line can hold their on and slow the Scots, the offense will not have to score every poss. No ones front has been able to slow down SC but with White out it provides a different game for sure. Hoggard front 6-7 will have to hold their own and the offense will have to play great to pull off the upset.
Will Hoggard rotate Dline? what kind of depth do they have?

Will Hoggard rotate Dline? what kind of depth do they have?
They do rotate 7 guys on the D line. Hoggard lost one of their starting DE to injury during the SV game. They mostly play with a 4 man front but do play with a 3 man front at times.

They do rotate 7 guys on the D line. Hoggard lost one of their starting DE to injury during the SV game. They mostly play with a 4 man front but do play with a 3 man front at times.
Stick with 4 - 3 is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Stick with 4 - 3 is a train wreck waiting to happen.
Would have to agree, I would put them ends wide with the baddest guy hoggard has over the ball. And LB will need to play a game of there life. I feel Hoggard has everything it takes but it's going to take everything they got. SC just needs to show up and be SC.

Calpreps Projection

12/01 vs Hoggard [John T.] (Wilmington, NC) [opponent rating: 48.1] [4A playoffs] projection: Scotland (Laurinburg, NC) 38 Hoggard [John T.] (Wilmington, NC) 35

Scots 38-35 Cant remember the last fg Scotland kicked..

Calpreps Projection

12/01 vs Hoggard [John T.] (Wilmington, NC) [opponent rating: 48.1] [4A playoffs] projection: Scotland (Laurinburg, NC) 38 Hoggard [John T.] (Wilmington, NC) 35

Scots 38-35 Cant remember the last fg Scotland kicked..
LOL. We would gladly take you guys kicking FGs.

Don't have a team. Go to good high school games and watch good games. I don't take it personally. I think it's pretty funny how yaw r so passionate for ur team. Have seen scotland play this year. Zamir was a great player and I was impressed with bell. Smiley is a great back but doesnt have the speed as white or wall. I just think hoggard will stop yaw's run. Then what does scotland do. Hoggard has a great cb. As for ur defense well it is what it is. Hoggard can run or throw. More complete offense then scotland. I was at the cape fear game last year and after the first half I figured scotland would adjust and come out and come back. Matter fact any team with a small lead in the first half scares me. Everything is working, the team that is losing adjust and can come back. But it let me down when scotland still didn't have no answer for cape fear. Just looked shell shocked even in the second half. Not knocking on the boys that goes higher up. U can have all the jimmy and Joes u want, but if u don't have the right scheme it doesn't matter. Everything is against scotland. Hoggard played who was put in front of them and won. Who cares if it's by 1 or 40. They won. They have a defense and defense wins championships. Yaw try to outscore everyone. Example richmond game. Hoggard don't have to outscore yaw. When they hold yaw a couple of possessions yaw will be scared. As yaw r always stating we have scored this many on that many possessions. Don't worry it will all be over soon and yaw will be just like the bears. He gone!!!

o_O:confused:o_O:confused:o_O:confused:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT