ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Hoggard (13-0) at #1 Scotland County (12-1)

Who wins?

• Hoggard

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Scotland County

Votes: 31 55.4%

• Total voters
Can Hoggard contain Scotland’s ground
attack. 68 tds last 75 possessions starters.
Anyway this game played in the hi 20’s/30”s.
If not is the Hoggard offense capable in a scoring freeforall. I have not seen the Scotland offense stopped since they went exclusively to the run mid 3rd quarter game 2.
What say Port???

its the same thing every year from the Scots... Nobobdy can stop the Scots till somebody does... Then its nothing but crickets coming out of Laurinburg. Or thread upon thread blaming the play calling or coaching etc. Be careful Scots the Vikings are pretty good

Reactions: RaidersRocks
its the same thing every year from the Scots... Nobobdy can stop the Scots till somebody does... Then its nothing but crickets coming out of Laurinburg. Or thread upon thread blaming the play calling or coaching etc. Be careful Scots the Vikings are pretty good
You've said this before the game make sure you come on after the game and tell Scotland player how well they played.

Can Hoggard contain Scotland’s ground
attack. 68 tds last 75 possessions starters.
Anyway this game played in the hi 20’s/30”s.
If not is the Hoggard offense capable in a scoring freeforall. I have not seen the Scotland offense stopped since they went exclusively to the run mid 3rd quarter game 2.
What say Port???
We got no chance.

Hoggard has a better defense then scotland defense. Hoggard has a more complete offense then scotland. Scotland lives and dies by the run. Sound fimilar. Last year against cape fear. Same results as last year. Scotland loses. Not bashing just stating history and usually history repeats itself.

Hoggard has a better defense then scotland defense. Hoggard has a more complete offense then scotland. Scotland lives and dies by the run. Sound fimilar. Last year against cape fear. Same results as last year. Scotland loses. Not bashing just stating history and usually history repeats itself.
So why even play the game if you got all the answers??? We'll take our chances!!!!

I am not a fan of Hoggard but they will bring a well disciplined team to Pate on Friday night. Most people assume well disciplined means “unathletic” but not in this case.

The Scots will not be able to key on the run or the pass because Hoggard does both well enough to make you pay on that gamble. Their QB, backs and receivers are skilled enough and the play calling good enough to move the ball if you play them straight up.

The question is, can they keep the Scots running game under control enough to score with them.

They beat a good NHHS team 34-7 but only gained about 250 yards of total offense . They are not 27 points better than NHHS.

I think they will use their D-1 corner to allow more men in the box and force the Scots to throw.

Their kicking game is very good which will force long drives by the Scots.

If the Scots can’t pass cover it may be a long night and the Scots will need every rushing yard they can get.

Absent one team turning rhe ball over a lot I see this as a competitive game but I think the Scots will win.

These are the same teams as last year almost with the exception of Bell for SC and the lost of White. Has Hoggard gotten 20 plus points better since last year? I doubt it but maybe they have. Last year these same group of kids were down 28 to 0 before they could blink their eyes. You better believe that is still in their minds. On the other hand SC has not been forced to win but one way and that is just over powering folks and beating them into submission (what do they do when they can't run?). The SC D has been suspect but it is not due to lack of players. I still believe there is a great game in this defense (probably fools gold) but i have always taken Jimmy's and Joe's over X's and O's and SC has some Jimmy's and Joe's on D. Will they put it all together? Hoggard wins in a number of ways whether its offense, defense, special teams or whatever that is a tough combination. Someone said crowd the box it takes more than that its crowding the box - it's getting penetration (CF did this) and getting #10 on the ground and #5 who will get a heavy dose Friday IMO. Hoggard will not beat themselves with miscues we need to outplay them, out hit them and out coach them to win. Anything less will probably result in a lost because they won't help us out unfortunately.

Man that sure wasn't a good showing for Scotland vs creek on the back end. Creek could throw 2 whoever they wanted 2. I know that was back in August. And add you have no true passing game. I'l agree with the earlier poster...being well discipline esp vs the run means a lot speeds the game up for the running team and makes great run teams look pedestrian. I said it earlier for u Scotty fans I know you all r passionate about ur team but this hoggard team would scare the bejesus out of me esp playing in hoggard. We have the same problem Friday night.

Man that sure wasn't a good showing for Scotland vs creek on the back end. Creek could throw 2 whoever they wanted 2. I know that was back in August. And add you have no true passing game. I'l agree with the earlier poster...being well discipline esp vs the run means a lot speeds the game up for the running team and makes great run teams look pedestrian. I said it earlier for u Scotty fans I know you all r passionate about ur team but this hoggard team would scare the bejesus out of me esp playing in hoggard. We have the same problem Friday night.
What are you talking about? You guys got completely embarrassed by a WEST Meck Team that we drug up and down the field so please kill it with the first game analysis! Also we are not playing at Hoggard and I would suggest that vance be concerned about that 230 lb bulldozer that is headed their way. We have done just about what vance has done in the playoffs over the last few years or better! Everyone likes ragging on SC because we have a vocal group. That MC game was months ago and both of us are still playing and since that game we have not come close to being challenged so that gives our kids a lot of confidence. Nothing that has happened in the past as it relates to playoffs will matter. Hoggard will be a test for sure but i promise you after the scots jumped on them 28 to 0 last year they have just as much to be concerned about as we do. Same teams for the most part with the exception of a much better qb for SC and the lost of the most dynamic offensive player in country. No other team in the state could absorb a lost like SC and still be a dominant team in the state and I mean no one. So hopefully we will both win and we can see how SC and Vance play out.

Last edited:

The game is at Pate not Hoggard

This is a hard game to pick. Scotland run game is a machine. It’s hard to stop all 4 quarters. Buutttt, Hoggard stopped a VERY GOOD Heritage run offense. I don’t know much about Hoggard, but there Defense is very good from what I hear.

I see a lot of people are referring to last year. The thing is, Scotland QB is better than last yrs QB.

I’m picking Scotland because I’m a SAC supporter but it would not shock me at all if Hoggard wins.

This is a hard game to pick. Scotland run game is a machine. It’s hard to stop all 4 quarters. Buutttt, Hoggard stopped a VERY GOOD Heritage run offense. I don’t know much about Hoggard, but there Defense is very good from what I hear.

I see a lot of people are referring to last year. The thing is, Scotland QB is better than last yrs QB.

I’m picking Scotland because I’m a SAC supporter but it would not shock me at all if Hoggard wins.
Green and Gold great analysis and fair but I think the one thing that everyone is forgetting that our offensive line is one of the best in the state. Heritage oline doesn't even compare and while their qb is athletic he is no where near the athlete or run threat SC qb is as you mentioned. This will come down to the two lines for both teams. It could go either way and i don't expect a blow out by either team and honestly Hoggard should be favored and feeling very confident after last weeks win and the lost of #34. They would not be as confident if he was still playing I can assure you of that!

Green and Gold great analysis and fair but I think the one thing that everyone is forgetting that our offensive line is one of the best in the state. Heritage oline doesn't even compare and while their qb is athletic he is no where near the athlete or run threat SC qb is as you mentioned. This will come down to the two lines for both teams. It could go either way and i don't expect a blow out by either team and honestly Hoggard should be favored and feeling very confident after last weeks win and the lost of #34. They would not be as confident if he was still playing I can assure you of that!

Great point. You are right Scotland Oline is way better than Heritage Oline so that would be the Xfactor.

This years Hoggard team is quite different than last season. To say it’s the same is a big stretch. This team throws much better and has more options at WR. TE is smaller but faster and stronger. Running game is different than last season. The defense is much better, just look at the numbers. The Def line is better and both CB are better as well as the LBs. Last years team struggled to focus and put things together early but did much better the second half of the season. This team has been spot on every game.

Ok its at pate(scotland) anyways....u fanboys get so emotional when a non bias person says something that isn't what u wanna hear. Yes I know we have a war and yes I know how good they are but I'm confident in the players and the coaching that we have we can come out on top....with that being said I'm a Vance parent and fan but I'm also a film guy and I played and coached some so I can break film down and see teams strength n weaknesses. I haven't seen much of Scotland and none of hoggard but I know they held a good heritage team 2 7 and shut down a damn good new hanover team...so looking at what I only know..scotland is a primarly run team+hoggard has been known 2 shut down the run=Scotland may have a problem. Conversely what I seen of Scotland's defense: suspect vs the pass+hoggard can pass the ball=another problem Scotland may have. I have no hate or maliciousness vs the Scots but *on paper* looks like a dilemma for Scotland this week. But I'll favor them because they are at home 28-27.

No way will Hoggard by favored in the is game. With white the spread probably 12-18 and without probably 10-14.

This years Hoggard team is quite different than last season. To say it’s the same is a big stretch. This team throws much better and has more options at WR. TE is smaller but faster and stronger. Running game is different than last season. The defense is much better, just look at the numbers. The Def line is better and both CB are better as well as the LBs. Last years team struggled to focus and put things together early but did much better the second half of the season. This team has been spot on every game.
Same players just older and better and I would say the same for SC so the question is who has gotten better but the rosters are the same for the most part. #11 is an upgrade at TE because of his speed but lets not act like this is a totally different roster for either team. SC had the same oline except center and the same linebackers and dline except for nose tackle. The secondary is new. For hoggard the secondary is very similar granted kemp is one of the better cb in the state and #10, #6 were the anchors on d last year and appear to be this year. Jones, Houser and Schiavone kid all played last year as well there is a lot familiarity on both rosters. This will come down to line play as I have said one before on both sides. This will be the best team either has played in a while that is a fact.

No way will Hoggard by favored in the is game. With white the spread probably 12-18 and without probably 10-14.
Sure you are you are undefeated and just took down a team of 4 stars. Now on your spread analysis with white is way off 21 plus with him sorry he is just that good and on a different level than last year but that is a moot point he ain't paying so you are now the favorite.

Ok its at pate(scotland) anyways....u fanboys get so emotional when a non bias person says something that isn't what u wanna hear. Yes I know we have a war and yes I know how good they are but I'm confident in the players and the coaching that we have we can come out on top....with that being said I'm a Vance parent and fan but I'm also a film guy and I played and coached some so I can break film down and see teams strength n weaknesses. I haven't seen much of Scotland and none of hoggard but I know they held a good heritage team 2 7 and shut down a damn good new hanover team...so looking at what I only know..scotland is a primarly run team+hoggard has been known 2 shut down the run=Scotland may have a problem. Conversely what I seen of Scotland's defense: suspect vs the pass+hoggard can pass the ball=another problem Scotland may have. I have no hate or maliciousness vs the Scots but *on paper* looks like a dilemma for Scotland this week. But I'll favor them because they are at home 28-27.
Not emotional but as bad as Sc played against MC it was a 1 score game and we have learned from it I believe. Has Vance? Yes we have warts like all teams but we also have one of the the most dominant offensive lines in the state and if you are a film guy grab some on SC and you will see that. MC was awesome but they didn't see this SC offensive line and I think most of them would agree with 2 starters missing and I'm not talking chopped liver starters. 6 ft 7 285 and 6 ft 2 310. so again they whipped us but who cares at this point its all about this friday for anyone playing.

you tell us your a film guy and and them say your haven't seen much on Scotland and any on Hoggard . I'm not sure if everyone know this because we haven't had to do it but if you load the box we can throw the ball, we had 2or 3 td passes friday night.

Not emotional but as bad as Sc played against MC it was a 1 score game and we have learned from it I believe. Has Vance? Yes we have warts like all teams but we also have one of the the most dominant offensive lines in the state and if you are a film guy grab some on SC and you will see that. MC was awesome but they didn't see this SC offensive line and I think most of them would agree with 2 starters missing and I'm not talking chopped liver starters. 6 ft 7 285 and 6 ft 2 310. so again they whipped us but who cares at this point its all about this friday for anyone playing.
lol bruh we play in the I-meck and charlotte weve seen size despite that we feel good vs Scotland were actulally pretty good vs the run..our Achilles are running qbs...but if we both win...harding would b an appetizer to playing y'all in Winston...adding NO homefield adv of pate we feel confident. Same for y'all if y'll beat hoggard...both games will b a good 1...wish y'll luck.

you tell us your a film guy and and them say your haven't seen much on Scotland and any on Hoggard . I'm not sure if everyone know this because we haven't had to do it but if you load the box we can throw the ball, we had 2or 3 td passes friday night.
lol I love fanboys...wish y'all luck Friday night.

I'm not sure if everyone know this because we haven't had to do it but if you load the box we can throw the ball, we had 2or 3 td passes friday night.

My 87 year old uncle could of thrown two or three TD passes against South Central ... They don't play defense along with every team in their conference.

it's always fanboy when what you said is unproven i'm far from a boy, at this time of year you ya better not wait on luck or an turnover for a td.
Lol woosa bruh they are jus kids...n it's jus a game...good luck Friday night anyways lmao

lol bruh we play in the I-meck and charlotte weve seen size despite that we feel good vs Scotland were actulally pretty good vs the run..our Achilles are running qbs...but if we both win...harding would b an appetizer to playing y'all in Winston...adding NO homefield adv of pate we feel confident. Same for y'all if y'll beat hoggard...both games will b a good 1...wish y'll luck.
Then you really don't jack about SC - the qb has rushed for almost 1700 yards so let's stop it like you know anything about us just like we don't know anything about vance except for they are a good program. Some folks just like getting stuff started and you seem to fit that frame. Good look to Vance Friday. I will be rooting for you!

Last edited:
Then you really don't jack about SC - the qb has rushed for almost 1700 yards so let stop it like you know anything about us just like we don't know anything about vance except for they are a good program. Some folks just like getting stuff started and you seem to fit that frame. Good look to Vance Friday. I will be rooting for you!
Good luck Friday night

My 87 year old uncle could of thrown two or three TD passes against South Central ... They don't play defense along with every team in their conference.
Your uncle got a good arm on him one pass was about 45 yds in the air and the other 30, you missing my point about crowding the box but that ok, they want have to pass Friday night just run it down their throats.

Your uncle got a good arm on him one pass was about 45 yds in the air and the other 30, you missing my point about crowding the box but that ok, they want have to pass Friday night just run it down their throats.
If the scots seal the backside and collapse play side we will be able to move the ball. Hoggard knows and their fans know they can't stop the run out of a base look so look to see players coming off the edge and a a lot of slant moves to create penetration. when they do we just need to collapse and seal and it will be a long night for their d. if we don't it will be a long night for us.

you missing my point about crowding the box but that ok, they want have to pass Friday night just run it down their throats.

No, you are missing my point. Hoggard's defense is probably one of the best defenses in the state and South Central's is ... well nonexistent.

If the scots seal the backside and collapse play side we will be able to move the ball. Hoggard knows and their fans know they can't stop the run out of a base look so look to see players coming off the edge and a a lot of slant moves to create penetration. when they do we just need to collapse and seal and it will be a long night for their d. if we don't it will be a long night for us.
Agreed their D-line better be physical or it will be along night for Vikings and if they load the box to much we can sneak in some play action.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT