ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Hickory vs #15 North Lincoln 2nd Rd

It’s really sounding like North has turned a corner of some sorts. I kinda wrote them off beginning and even middle of season as far as them doing anything big when losing to WL although WL is really good and only beating Lincolnton by 1 point although Lincolnton is pretty good this year as well and has gotten better.

I over exaggerated bout the youth on this team in a post bout 3 weeks ago. Lots of Jrs is normal I thought they were loaded with soph, miscounted my bad. star player is a soph and a freshman is carrying the rock now with a really bright future ahead of him by the sound of it. Beat the wheels off a team I thought for sure based on schedule would get them by 2 scores on paper. Goes to show you can’t sleep on these guys and they’ll be even better next year as they are only losing 10 Srs or less.

Repeat games always exciting but I give the win to Hickory due to a strong passing attack that I’ve heard a lot about. I still don’t believe this is a caliber of Hickory team that stands beside the Hickory 96’ but we shall see

Last edited:
Reactions: NM88 and Vik-Val 86
It’s really sounding like North has turned a corner of some sorts. I kinda wrote them off beginning and even middle of season as far as them doing anything big when losing to WL although WL is really good and only beating Lincolnton by 1 point although Lincolnton is pretty good this year as well and has gotten better.

I over exaggerated bout the youth on this team in a post bout 3 weeks ago. Lots of Jrs is normal I thought they were loaded with soph, miscounted my bad. star player is a soph and a freshman is carrying the rock now with a really bright future ahead of him by the sound of it. Beat the wheels off a team I thought for sure based on schedule would get them by 2 scores on paper. Goes to show you can’t sleep on these guys and they’ll be even better next year as they are only losing 10 Srs or less.

Repeat games always exciting but I give the win to Hickory due to a strong passing attack that I’ve heard a lot about. I still don’t believe this is a caliber of Hickory team that stands beside the Hickory 96’ but we shall see
That '96 team would tear through this tournament and may could take the 4A title too. Those caliber teams are rare to come by.

I think this is the 3A game of the week in the state, maybe the game of week regardless of classification. Hickory is going to be a tough out for anyone but I feel Bazzle will have a game plan together to do something. He has got some feet churning in the option the last few weeks and they are looking dangerous and could give anyone problems. I think this one will be a dog fight.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I think Hickory wins pretty easily . Dont let North Lincoln’s wins over weak teams fool you the last 6 weeks ….They haven’t played anyone that’s any good

Bazzle is known for doing big things this time of year... One of the best !!!
He certainly is. Definitely one to be coaching in the close games. I just didn’t quite understand how he didn’t get much going at Alexander Central when North has bout the same type pool of talent, some of which not as athletic.

North has been to 3rd round I believe 3 times or 2 but never pulled the trigger on getting to the 4th round.

Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold
North had the running game but Hickory owned the air. Strong upset possibility for Hickory against Reynolds. I’ll be routing for hickory on this one for sure.

North will be back next year. Both RB young and team slap full of juniors with 5 or 6 sophomores. Not gonna do big time predicting but it will be interesting.

North had the running game but Hickory owned the air. Strong upset possibility for Hickory against Reynolds. I’ll be routing for hickory on this one for sure.

North will be back next year. Both RB young and team slap full of juniors with 5 or 6 sophomores. Not gonna do big time predicting but it will be interesting.
Hickory actually averaged 6.1 yards per rush while NL averaged 5.4 yards. NL did rush the ball 54 times, Hickory had only 43 offensive plays for the entire game. Stats are great, but you the triple option is not going to win you games when you play from behind. AC Reynolds will be a challenge and the game looks to be one of the best around next Friday.

Hickory actually averaged 6.1 yards per rush while NL averaged 5.4 yards. NL did rush the ball 54 times, Hickory had only 43 offensive plays for the entire game. Stats are great, but you the triple option is not going to win you games when you play from behind. AC Reynolds will be a challenge and the game looks to be one of the best around next Friday.
That's the Achilles' Heel of the option offenses. You go down by 10 or 14 midways and you best have a stingy defense that gets you off the field in three. Nice to see option offenses, but when it sputters its a mess. Watched a wishbone offense out East back in the 90s that hammered their opponents. When it wasn't hitting on all cylinders, they went to the air. QB had over 1500 yards passing in a wishbone offense with two 1000 yard rushers and a fullback with over 600 yards. Now that was interesting.

We got at least one more round of Catawba area action but hopefully more. Hoping for a Hickory win but ACR brings a lot to the table. What’s the tally on titles I know Hickory 96’ with 1 but what’s ACR 2 or 3?

Watauga has a really good chance of a 4th rounder, that’s the one I’ll hit, I hadn’t seen em play since Burns game last year. They lost that one but apparently brought a lot of firepower back and Burns not as much but still respect for Burns no question.

BH will have their hands full but hey, possibly all 3 will see 4th round it can happen. Gonna be interesting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT