ADVERTISEMENT

Western Foothills 3A 9/15

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Well it’s that time of year for conference play. Already looking forward to some games.

3-0 Hickory vs 3-0 East Lincoln
This game most likely will decide the conference. Would have to be conference game of week. My predictions. I’m leaving it as a tossup

1-2 Statesville vs 2-1 North Lincoln
Hard game to decide. Since I’m not sure what N, Lincoln has. But going with Statesville in a tight game

3-0 West Iredell vs 0-3 St Stephens.
West Iredell has improved but St Stephens seems to have fallen off some. Going with West Iredell in a close game.

1-2 North Iredell vs 0-3 Foard
North Iredell pulled out a good win against Alexander Central last week. I think North Iredell picks up another win.

Any thoughts or predictions with these games

Hickory
North
West
North Iredell

Re: Saint Stephens, that place is in complete disarray, from top to bottom its one gigantic cluster f—k. Changes need to be made starting w-in the Athletic Department. Kids deserve more and they aren’t getting it. I can’t believe what my nephew has to deal with.

So I see the 1/2 n 1/2 is up over $85,000 and will be drawn at the Hickory n East Lincoln game. Still chance to buy a ticket. I would share it on here but don’t know how. That’s a huge pot. Still chance to buy online until Thursday and also be able to buy at the game this Friday through 1st quarter.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
West Iredell has the easiest schedule is all classifications. No excuse for them not to start 5-0. I think this may ɓe the year they beat Statesville.

Statesville. Very disappointed in general. I hoped or expected more or better.

Hickory and East Lincoln is the class of this conference. Huge drop after those 2

West Iredell has the easiest schedule is all classifications. No excuse for them not to start 5-0. I think this may ɓe the year they beat Statesville.

Statesville. Very disappointed in general. I hoped or expected more or better.

Hickory and East Lincoln is the class of this conference. Huge drop after those 2
West Iredell for years have always played the easiest non conference schedule. That will not help West Iredell out when comes to big match ups in the conference. They will start losing and they might finish the regular season with a winning record thanks to a weak non conference schedule.

PS why did West drop South Iredell?
South dropped them to play better competition. Can't believe West wouldn't schedule at least 1 difficult non conference opponent. I wished Statesville would look outside of Iredell county for their OC position. I've been to 2 Crest games this year and I can tell you. Seeing Statesville play them this year would be a nightmare. They should be much further than they are. West will be interesting. There's zero excuse for them not to start 5-0. They have yet to play a team with a winning record. I wanna see what they look like against St. Stephens. If they struggle. It's gonna be a long season for them

South dropped them to play better competition. Can't believe West wouldn't schedule at least 1 difficult non conference opponent. I wished Statesville would look outside of Iredell county for their OC position. I've been to 2 Crest games this year and I can tell you. Seeing Statesville play them this year would be a nightmare. They should be much further than they are. West will be interesting. There's zero excuse for them not to start 5-0. They have yet to play a team with a winning record. I wanna see what they look like against St. Stephens. If they struggle. It's gonna be a long season for them
West Iredell will not compete with East Lincoln or Hickory. That will be 2 big L for sure. Time will tell if West Iredell can beat Statesville, North Lincoln and even North Iredell.

Reactions: beamer24
West Iredell for years have always played the easiest non conference schedule. That will not help West Iredell out when comes to big match ups in the conference. They will start losing and they might finish the regular season with a winning record thanks to a weak non conference schedule.
Looking back at previous years schedules, West played 4A Lake Norman and 4A South every year for preseason. South has over 1600 students, West has 790 enrolled as of last Friday's numbers. I believe the staff is trying to get the team to experience wins and build from there. They have 90+ players on JV and varsity, their largest turnout ever, so they are still a work in progress. Not yet to East Lincoln level, but they lost in the last seconds to Statesville and North Lincoln last year. They can beat those two and North Iredell, but still not to the East Lincoln level yet. Hickory is still rebuilding from a decade of pretty much non-existence and trying to get back to the level of relevance from long ago. Statesville is all over the map. North Iredell is still North Iredell. . . and North Lincoln may suddenly decide not to play the last two games if they fear injuries (judging from last year's strange decision not to play in the playoffs). . . so it's East Lincoln, Hickory, then a tossup between WI and NL, then the rest of the conference.

Looking back at previous years schedules, West played 4A Lake Norman and 4A South every year for preseason. South has over 1600 students, West has 790 enrolled as of last Friday's numbers. I believe the staff is trying to get the team to experience wins and build from there. They have 90+ players on JV and varsity, their largest turnout ever, so they are still a work in progress. Not yet to East Lincoln level, but they lost in the last seconds to Statesville and North Lincoln last year. They can beat those two and North Iredell, but still not to the East Lincoln level yet. Hickory is still rebuilding from a decade of pretty much non-existence and trying to get back to the level of relevance from long ago. Statesville is all over the map. North Iredell is still North Iredell. . . and North Lincoln may suddenly decide not to play the last two games if they fear injuries (judging from last year's strange decision not to play in the playoffs). . . so it's East Lincoln, Hickory, then a tossup between WI and NL, then the rest of the conference.
My comments were pretty much through the years when Mark Weycker was the HC for years at West Iredell. They would never schedule tougher opponents. And i am assuming they drop Lake Norman and South Iredell because they could no longer compete.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
My comments were pretty much through the years when Mark Weycker was the HC for years at West Iredell. They would never schedule tougher opponents. And i am assuming they drop Lake Norman and South Iredell because they could no longer compete.
I'd agree on that. Taking 50 pt beatings yearly from in-county 4A schools doesn't help West, Lake Norman, or South. I found out after some research that I believe West is 3-0 for the first time in over 20 years. That alone shows us how rough a road it's been there. I always love to see doormat programs rise from the ashes and have success. Great for those communities and for the conferences they are in.

Update on the Jackpot from the Hickory Athletic booster is over $1110,000. For those who goes to the game will still have a chance to buy tickets the 1st quarter. Someone is going to hit it big on this one.

Last edited:
I'd agree on that. Taking 50 pt beatings yearly from in-county 4A schools doesn't help West, Lake Norman, or South. I found out after some research that I believe West is 3-0 for the first time in over 20 years. That alone shows us how rough a road it's been there. I always love to see doormat programs rise from the ashes and have success. Great for those communities and for the conferences they are in.
Na, I disagree. Its called fools gold. Why schedule teams that have only 3 wins in 2 years or purposely play terrible teams? If they want to play teams close to 800 admin, schedule, Shelby, Hibriten, Salisbury or heck play local teams within a 20 min drive like Bunker Hill, Newton Conover, Lincolnton. My point is beaten bad teams dont prepare you for good teams. All is does it much the Head Coach win loss record look better. Thats it!!

I guess this is my game this week to go see ..East vs Hickory sounds like should be a good game and I can compare them to what I have seen with Crest this year.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
4th and 1 from the -35 backup qb runs a sneak and almost scored !!!! Craziest play ever 😂 starting QB out with cramp
But score hickory 42-28

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT