North Lincoln

Statesville vs West Iredell will be a game to watch for this week

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Wrap up of scores in Western foothills

Hickory 46 North Iredell 13
North Lincoln 50 St Stephens 0
East Lincoln 62 Foard 13

Game not completed as West Iredell is leading Statesville 18-13 with 4:42 left in the 3rd. Game will resume on Monday 9 at 4:30 with just players and coaches. No fans.

Reactions: Champ_24
Not much time left but listening to it on FM 92.9. 6 mins left. Statesville up 29-18

I been quiet and not seeing much in this conf page but what’s the deal with North Lincoln? Lost big to hickory but rest of games seemed close. Are they fast and big? Rebuilding year? What’s the scoop?

I been quiet and not seeing much in this conf page but what’s the deal with North Lincoln? Lost big to hickory but rest of games seemed close. Are they fast and big? Rebuilding year? What’s the scoop?
North Lincoln had a good run defense, but they had issues trying to cover our pass offense. They run a decent offense but can not afford to get behind. They're not too big, but played hard. They had one good running back, but that is it.

Last edited:
West must must win NL n NI to possibly sneak into the playoffs as of RN with their loss to Statesville , West Iredell is 1st team out IF Parkwood gets their automatic bid

Question filer everyone. Would you rather play at soft non conference schedules oppose to playing a challenging schedule?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Question filer everyone. Would you rather play at soft non conference schedules oppose to playing a challenging schedule?
If your talking about West Iredell playing 1A and 2A School that are not even any good at that level. The answer is no. Thats not going to help West Iredell when comes down to comference games.

North Lincoln had a good run defense, but they had issues trying to cover our pass offense. They run a decent offense but can not afford to get behind. They're not too big, but played hard. They had one good running back, but that is it.
Always good to hear from you CHDK and read your input. Def a guy I’d nominate to do some ESPN style commentary on Hickory region area sports which consists of the 2 conferences around it so to speak.

North Lincoln did lose a crap ton to graduation last year and the areas fastest man I noticed didn’t play this year. Maybe he was me of the ones that threw in the towel when the coach didn’t let his team compete in the playoffs last year. Talking bout Sellars. If you follow track he will be front of the line in the 100 and 200 M dash or the 2nd man or something. Really fast, prob going to college in track. But yeah him and who knows who else might not have came out this year that would make differences in games if they were suited up and playing. That’s my guess but I hadn’t been out there to get any scoops on NL this year, usually but not this year. Good coach good history good program as far when Bazzzel and Beam had been coaching but last years playoff thing prob set some things back. Then again who knows Sellers mighta transferred. I hope not cause I’m sure he likes his track coach ha ha .

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
If I was trying to build a program I'd want winnable games. If I thought I could compete for a state championship I'd want a challenging games.
Cupcakes set you up for failure but a challenging schedule can break you if your not careful.

I just feel playing a soft non conference creates complacency within the program. Players start talking, coaching start talking, fans start comparing you to better football teams, then instantly there is a target on your back. Now everyone not only want to beat you. They want to EMBARRASS you. I always want to see how my ball club measure up against the elite. Losing to better teams, help me recognize the problems on my team and any weaknesses within our coaching philosophy. I'm also never to proud to admit I was outcoached and take some of the playbook from opposing teams and intergrate them into my system.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT