ADVERTISEMENT

1a Alleghany 67 2a Wilkes Central 53

Alleghany84

Feb 22, 2011
The Trojans beat 2a conference rival Wilkes Central tonight. The Trojans also had 2 players (Santos and Sprinkle) score their 1000th point in the same game at home. A very special night to be a Trojan.

did davie ever reschedule i notice girls play them on 12th according to maxpreps
do boys also.

We were going to play on the 12th but the boys coach had a death in the family. The boys are not going to play, not sure if the girls are playing or not.

bummer so that va team loss will count that will hurt us for playoff seeding

Yea it looks like that game will count. We got backed up because of the good run in football and just don't have anywhere else to realistically put the game. This coming week was our only chance because the rest of our conference has exams this week and cannot play until Friday. We had hoped to make it work on Monday or Wednesday with Davie, but it is there exam week also and then their coach had a death in the family so we will end up with 22 games and that loss to perennial state champ Radford will count. As tough as the top of the conference is, the Trojans will be very fortunate to get through the regular season with just one loss anyway. Remember Starmount and West Wilkes have very good teams and we still have to play both of them twice.

Oh i know it may benefit us who knows it all depends on seeding. I just know cherokee like murphy in football i want us to avoid as long as possible lol albemarle too granted they have easiest schedule ever for a 1a school in bball

Hey Alleghany84, I know this is a basketball thread but do you have any way to know Alleghany's football schedule next year yet? I know if anyone could find it out you could? The websites I usually get it off of takes forever to post it. Thanks, if you can't find out its all good too.

Go Trojans big game vs. West wilkes tomorrow night!

KW I will see what I can find out for you next week. I do not work at the school so I rarely run into the AD. I will ask him when I run into him. It may however not be available yet. I know last year, it was not finalized until late spring.

ok thanks ive just seen smc schools posting schedules already and it takes me forever to get Alleghany's. it may be too early

The AD told me that the schedule will be identical to last year with the locations being opposite. So if you look at last years schedule and reverse the home or away then you will be correct.

Thanks! I guess we kept all our non conference games the same. I know most non-conference games are 2 year deals so wasn't sure if we played anybody new. Thanks again for finding out for me and goodluck tonight vs. west wilkes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT