ADVERTISEMENT

Team Needed for Cleveland County Jamboree

BurnsBullDog02

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2008
Due to a team dropping out, Burns High is looking for a team to compete in the Cleveland County Jamboree.

Date is August 16th.

Please contact Coach Devine at ddevine@clevelandcountyschools.org. Opponent, and Scrimmage time can be negotiated. The team will be supplemented financially.

Kinda like we sure are excited about our big rematch with the Chargers in Gaffney August 23. Should be a great crowd and atmosphere. Email from Crest we decided we are not coming. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kinda like we sure are excited about our big rematch with the Chargers in Gaffney August 23. Should be a great crowd and atmosphere. Email from Crest we decided we are not coming. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Gaffney backed out , can’t believe everything that is made up in your fantasy world
We know one game that Crest didn’t back out of now don’t we.

His team came out an jumped on Shelby just as they did against KM and Crest and then folded in the end again..Coach G gotta figure out how to close games and that pitch play on the goal line was a classic wtf in the stands😂 Shelby slam the rb for a big loss
Cleveland Football is like a great 15 round heavyweight boxing match. Team like WC come in and throw multiple haymakers early and land a few. They get excited and expend a ton of energy going for the early knockout. The CC teams because are they more conditioned/coached better stay in the fight, find their footing, and start figuring them out. The whole time CC is landing body shots that start slowly weakening those legs. In rounds 7-10 CC start landing head shots along with the body shots. Rounds 10-12 WC finds a second wind and come back with some nice counter punching but now the CC know they have them on the ropes. Rounds 13-15 CC goes in for the kill. Pounding opposing teams that are not used to that 15 rounds of solid fight into submission.

Cleveland Football is like a great 15 round heavyweight boxing match. Team like WC come in and throw multiple haymakers early and land a few. They get excited and expend a ton of energy going for the early knockout. The CC teams because are they more conditioned/coached better stay in the fight, find their footing, and start figuring them out. The whole time CC is landing body shots that start slowly weakening those legs. In rounds 7-10 CC start landing head shots along with the body shots. Rounds 10-12 WC finds a second wind and come back with some nice counter punching but now the CC know they have them on the ropes. Rounds 13-15 CC goes in for the kill. Pounding opposing teams that are not used to that 15 rounds of solid fight into submission.
Ok analogy. Would say homefield and easier sked during season plays a part. Wont mention questionable ref calls in both the KM and Crest game last year. Think both games WC was the better coached team just got very bad breaks. Would say KM and Crest were more talented and favored heavily in both games. No one even expected WC to compete in those games and they should have won both. KM nor Crest won a ship those years with homefield.

As for this Shelby scrimmage it appears WC secondary was constantly out of position and took horrible tackle angles. They have some new guys but shouldn't look that bad.

Also offense too cute in key areas/times. Sweep toss fumble, QB fumble both lead to Shelby easy tds. then on 3 yard line with first down a WR toss sweep?

Shelby is very physical at the POA. They will dominate their schedule sans KM, Crest and ACR. Coached very well and the QB makes plays. Great skill position speed. Very Impressed.

Sans big plays and turnovers WC has a lot of positives to take from the game/experience. Shelby defense will carry them to contend in 2A.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Had me picturing a boxing match 🤣. I honestly don’t think it’s a CC problem that WC has. I believe if they traveled anywhere in the third round last season they would’ve gotten beat until proven otherwise. Finishing and beating good teams in the playoffs is just the next step Coach needs to take as a coach period.

A little much. Sounding like some Shelby posters lol

Ok analogy. Would say homefield and easier sked during season plays a part. Wont mention questionable ref calls in both the KM and Crest game last year. Think both games WC was the better coached team just got very bad breaks. Would say KM and Crest were more talented and favored heavily in both games. No one even expected WC to compete in those games and they should have won both. KM nor Crest won a ship those years with homefield.

As for this Shelby scrimmage it appears WC secondary was constantly out of position and took horrible tackle angles. They have some new guys but shouldn't look that bad.

Also offense too cute in key areas/times. Sweep toss fumble, QB fumble both lead to Shelby easy tds. then on 3 yard line with first down a WR toss sweep?

Shelby is very physical at the POA. They will dominate their schedule sans KM, Crest and ACR. Coached very well and the QB makes plays. Great skill position speed. Very Impressed.

Sans big plays and turnovers WC has a lot of positives to take from the game/experience. Shelby defense will carry them to contend in 2A.
WC a school of 2100 kids and Shelby with around 800😂 scrimmage are not that’s a long ride home…

I wouldn’t say no one expected WC to compete in those games. You, other posters, and fans were predicting WC to run 3A the last couple of years because of their conference schedule. We heard it a million times on here. The key to WC is their offense which is much improved this year in my opinion. It seems the defense took a step back. All of the teams have things to work on early in the season. Take it from me, you can pencil your way through the 3A playoffs. Too many good programs.

I wouldn’t say no one expected WC to compete in those games. You, other posters, and fans were predicting WC to run 3A the last couple of years because of their conference schedule. We heard it a million times on here. The key to WC is their offense which is much improved this year in my opinion. It seems the defense took a step back. All of the teams have things to work on early in the season. Take it from me, you can pencil your way through the 3A playoffs. Too many good programs.
I’ve already seen @bigdadd11103 and a few others earlier this year say they think WC would win 3A on the 4A boards. It’s the same thing every year and I’m not a believer until I see them get past the third round at least. I will go ahead and say it now. By the time West Charlotte is an older team they’ll be in a higher classification and may not see a title game regardless of how much talent they have.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT