ADVERTISEMENT

Team Needed for Cleveland County Jamboree

I’ve already seen @bigdadd11103 and a few others earlier this year say they think WC would win 3A on the 4A boards. It’s the same thing every year and I’m not a believer until I see them get past the third round at least. I will go ahead and say it now. By the time West Charlotte is an older team they’ll be in a higher classification and may not see a title game regardless of how much talent they have.
WC offense will continue to hold them back. Only team I saw last year with a good amount of athletes (probably most in state and def fastest) that had a a worse offense was Mallard Creek.

Reactions: Crestuff
I’ve already seen @bigdadd11103 and a few others earlier this year say they think WC would win 3A on the 4A boards. It’s the same thing every year and I’m not a believer until I see them get past the third round at least. I will go ahead and say it now. By the time West Charlotte is an older team they’ll be in a higher classification and may not see a title game regardless of how much talent they have.
Your point does lead to another question and discussion that some football buddies of mine brought up in a conservation a couple of weeks ago. WC the last three seasons in 3A have been 1600 plus, 2100 plus, and projected to be above 2100 students again. The question was asked why WC hasn’t tried to move up due to conference geography. WC probably could have petitioned to play up in 4A and been granted that due to already being in a 4A conference. My buddies and I talked about how teams petition to play down but hardly any ever petition the state to play up. It seems everyone is okay with that numbers advantage. AC Reynolds petitioned to play down most recently. Asheville petitioned to play down but it was denied although they only had about 50 more students then Reynolds at the time. Reynolds student enrollment has increased since then of course. I can remember Crest, Dudley, and multiple others strong programs playing 3A at times with 4A numbers. Hunter Huss and either Harding or Berry are the only schools that I can recall petitioning to play up a level citing geography. While a headache I believe this is the reason NC should realign every two years. You can not tell me that coaches and AD’s aren’t trying to get an more advantageous route to a state championship game with a numbers advantage in student population.

Your point does lead to another question and discussion that some football buddies of mine brought up in a conservation a couple of weeks ago. WC the last three seasons in 3A have been 1600 plus, 2100 plus, and projected to be above 2100 students again. The question was asked why WC hasn’t tried to move up due to conference geography. WC probably could have petitioned to play up in 4A and been granted that due to already being in a 4A conference. My buddies and I talked about how teams petition to play down but hardly any ever petition the state to play up. It seems everyone is okay with that numbers advantage. AC Reynolds petitioned to play down most recently. Asheville petitioned to play down but it was denied although they only had about 50 more students then Reynolds at the time. Reynolds student enrollment has increased since then of course. I can remember Crest, Dudley, and multiple others strong programs playing 3A at times with 4A numbers. Hunter Huss and either Harding or Berry are the only schools that I can recall petitioning to play up a level citing geography. While a headache I believe this is the reason NC should realign every two years. You can not tell me that coaches and AD’s aren’t trying to get an more advantageous route to a state championship game with a numbers advantage in student population.
When WC was well below the 4A line with 3A numbers they played 4A with no complaints and competed well. WC petitioned to stay 4A. The current period was only 4 years so made no sense to try and move up. You all are forgetting WC student body was capped because they built a new school so they were a small 3A school for a long time. WC has never been 3A except for this 4 year period. They play 4A teams 85% of time. Just 3A playoffs.

I knew while I was posting that Bigdad would pop up. Gotta rub a little salt in sometimes 😂
No one picked WC to win 3A. said they could compete for the ship. Dudley/Hickory were my favorites.

Most on this board picked CC and KM as both were undefeated. Only stated that it would not be a blowout and wouldn't surprise me to see WC win.

Shelby scrimmage was good. WC looked very good at times especially offense. They ran into bloopers which can be easily corrected. The surprise was the defense being terrible and bad tackles. Thats a HUGE surprise and if not corrected will lead to issues. You can't lose conf player of year and a top 5 2026 recruit and not expect issues. Just didn't expect them in secondary.

No one picked WC to win 3A. said they could compete for the ship. Dudley/Hickory were my favorites.

Most on this board picked CC and KM as both were undefeated. Only stated that it would not be a blowout and wouldn't surprise me to see WC win.

Shelby scrimmage was good. WC looked very good at times especially offense. They ran into bloopers which can be easily corrected. The surprise was the defense being terrible and bad tackles. Thats a HUGE surprise and if not corrected will lead to issues. You can't lose conf player of year and a top 5 2026 recruit and not expect issues. Just didn't expect them in secondary.
Yes I expected the WC defense to be better especially when I heard that you had 5 or 6 kids on that side with offers already. Sometimes you just don’t know with 15, 16, and 17yr olds.

West Charlotte has a lot of talent in new places defensively. Shelby was a great test for them to see what works and what doesn't. Shelby is a damn good offensive team to scrimmage and not prepare for in a normal game week. Kudos to the Golden Lions, but I wouldn't sound an alarm for WC just yet.

Offensively I heard both their QBs got hurt. I would be much more concerned about that than anything defensively right now. Because that could change the whole plan for them on both sides of the ball if they're both out for an extended period of time.

WC loaded across the board, they only going get better, anybody know how serious Qb 1 was, look like holding neck..
Teams only going get better, only thing i saw was look like WC was running out of gas middle of game and Shelby was picking up steam...
Again really like WC coach...

Reactions: shslion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT