May 20, 2020
1. Mooresville
2. Statesville
3. Pine Lake Prep
4. Lake Norman
5. West Iredell
6. South Iredell
7. North Iredell

Mooresville: Returns a strong core on both sides of the ball with likes of - QB Brody Norman - AJ Graham - Jamari Farmer - KJ Gilliespies and among others. Mooresville has a new Head Coach but staff is pretty much the same. Mooresville looks to be strong again.

Statesville: Statesville got some kids back - Ethan Peet; Josh and Blake Terry (Transferred from South Iredell) , Julius Stevenson (Transferred from South) ; And Brayden Daniels (Transferred from West Iredell) - Statesville has a strong core esp on Offensive side with a good defense core. Should be better then 8-4 last yr but In a tough conference. Key factors for Statesville success is Clean football and Finishing!

PLP: Should be either very good or Avg - They have pieces like QB Cameron Gandy , South Iredell Transfer Johntay Gaither and Other but They have lost their fair share as well so OL will be ? And also defense. Coach Trotter is one of the most underrated coach in Iredell co and he will have his guys ready to compete!

Lake Norman: YOUTH! Lake Norman will be young a lot new faces in spots but they have pieces there to do well but it’s on how they gel. Key guys are : Haines Robitzer - Mozes Morris - Jayden Nordtveit - Will Minter - Memphis Barb. I believe OL is the ? For the wildcats. Coach O will have them ready to compete.

West Iredell: A lot of ? For the Warriors coming into the season. A lot of new faces on staff and players in roles. West Iredell looks to build on a 6-5 record last season. West has some talent back but New faces will have to step up. Key guys: Amario Spence - ExAvier Peet - Jermaine Cornelius and they return the most OL guys in the county with about 12-13 guys.

South Iredell: They lost some guys but That opens up the door for guys like Adam Sharpe who will be a key WR this year. Tyler Johnson is underrated QB in Iredell Co. Key will be O Line for a south. Defense - Sam Harper and Noah Klum will anchor the defense and South will have a New DC this season in Spider Thompson who returns from the college level.

North Iredell:
Lost some guys from transfers. North has some talent but New faces in roles - Sam Caudle - Kaleb Sales - Tripp Guill - Cary Cullum. North Will looks to improve but a tough non conference and all will be a tough outing for the Raiders

Even having lost some players, I think LN is still 2nd (or fighting for 2nd with Statesville). No way PLP would handle them.
PLP has a a very good QB and also Good WR now O line is a ? And Defense is ? But Pine Lake is always never given any love in Iredell co and PLP has been one of the most consistent programs in Iredell co and Coach Trotter deserves a lot of love

LN is just too young for me. They have a lot new faces on the O line and lost some quality players on the offensive side. Defensively obviously they will still strong but young.

LN non conference with Asheville n MR which should be a bit tougher those game will determine if they are .500 + teams - I expect 5-8 wins for the Wildcats and I personally think 6 - 7 wins are what I think they will land as Conference isn’t too strong but Cox mill , Mooresville and AL Brown will be in the mix

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT