May 20, 2020
1. Mooresville
2. Statesville
3. Pine Lake Prep
4. Lake Norman
5. West Iredell
6. South Iredell
7. North Iredell

Mooresville: Returns a strong core on both sides of the ball with likes of - QB Brody Norman - AJ Graham - Jamari Farmer - KJ Gilliespies and among others. Mooresville has a new Head Coach but staff is pretty much the same. Mooresville looks to be strong again.

Statesville: Statesville got some kids back - Ethan Peet; Josh and Blake Terry (Transferred from South Iredell) , Julius Stevenson (Transferred from South) ; And Brayden Daniels (Transferred from West Iredell) - Statesville has a strong core esp on Offensive side with a good defense core. Should be better then 8-4 last yr but In a tough conference. Key factors for Statesville success is Clean football and Finishing!

PLP: Should be either very good or Avg - They have pieces like QB Cameron Gandy , South Iredell Transfer Johntay Gaither and Other but They have lost their fair share as well so OL will be ? And also defense. Coach Trotter is one of the most underrated coach in Iredell co and he will have his guys ready to compete!

Lake Norman: YOUTH! Lake Norman will be young a lot new faces in spots but they have pieces there to do well but it’s on how they gel. Key guys are : Haines Robitzer - Mozes Morris - Jayden Nordtveit - Will Minter - Memphis Barb. I believe OL is the ? For the wildcats. Coach O will have them ready to compete.

West Iredell: A lot of ? For the Warriors coming into the season. A lot of new faces on staff and players in roles. West Iredell looks to build on a 6-5 record last season. West has some talent back but New faces will have to step up. Key guys: Amario Spence - ExAvier Peet - Jermaine Cornelius and they return the most OL guys in the county with about 12-13 guys.

South Iredell: They lost some guys but That opens up the door for guys like Adam Sharpe who will be a key WR this year. Tyler Johnson is underrated QB in Iredell Co. Key will be O Line for a south. Defense - Sam Harper and Noah Klum will anchor the defense and South will have a New DC this season in Spider Thompson who returns from the college level.

North Iredell:
Lost some guys from transfers. North has some talent but New faces in roles - Sam Caudle - Kaleb Sales - Tripp Guill - Cary Cullum. North Will looks to improve but a tough non conference and all will be a tough outing for the Raiders

Even having lost some players, I think LN is still 2nd (or fighting for 2nd with Statesville). No way PLP would handle them.
PLP has a a very good QB and also Good WR now O line is a ? And Defense is ? But Pine Lake is always never given any love in Iredell co and PLP has been one of the most consistent programs in Iredell co and Coach Trotter deserves a lot of love

LN is just too young for me. They have a lot new faces on the O line and lost some quality players on the offensive side. Defensively obviously they will still strong but young.

LN non conference with Asheville n MR which should be a bit tougher those game will determine if they are .500 + teams - I expect 5-8 wins for the Wildcats and I personally think 6 - 7 wins are what I think they will land as Conference isn’t too strong but Cox mill , Mooresville and AL Brown will be in the mix

Reactions: Champ_24
I give PLP a lot of love, I have a lot of respect for that program. But it is what it is, a 2-8 LKN team would still probably beat PLP by 28. It's just talent, numbers, coaching. That's not throwing shade at PLP, it's just plain facts.

I give PLP a lot of love, I have a lot of respect for that program. But it is what it is, a 2-8 LKN team would still probably beat PLP by 28. It's just talent, numbers, coaching. That's not throwing shade at PLP, it's just plain facts.
But I don’t compare teams that’s not what rankings are for - My rankings base off what is going happen for that individual team based on what I know , what I get by coaches and others and also how I believe they will be this season .

To me rankings are who is the best team. Who would win. LN beats PLP. PLP gave us 60 plus in the playoffs last year. And you have their defense listed as a question mark. Not good

To me rankings are who is the best team. Who would win. LN beats PLP. PLP gave us 60 plus in the playoffs last year. And you have their defense listed as a question mark. Not good
Ranking are on assumption of how team will do and who is going to be good not necessarily the best bc even team that aren’t good can still have successful seasons and be good at times

Also LN-PLP don’t play each other so that’s part is irrelevant.

Also Last yr - PLP dealt with a lot adversity and other internal issues that most don’t know about so There a reason why they struggled a little bit last yr and also PLP lost some of their players to CSD this season so that’s why their ? About who will step up and etc

Agree to disagree. But if they played I’d take LN.
Well that’s a no brainer - LN D is one best and Also Depth would be a issue for PLP but I still think PLP would put up a fight

If PLP can hang with LN in basketball then I think football they could at least hang for about 1-2 potentially

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT