ADVERTISEMENT

WRH and JK best of 1a What's your thoughts?

qt_strm_22

Nov 27, 2004
Many think this will be a close game. I for one dont. WRH is alot better than last year and much improved on the defensive side of the ball. WRH 42 JK 21

WRH has more depth than JK this year. This may be an important factor come 4 qtr in this game. But JK has many weapons and a great coach so do not count JK out of this one. It should be a very good football game. Most likely one of the best in the state this Friday...

Got to favor WRH until someone beats them. JK is one of a very few that can compete and be mentioned in the same sentence with them, so it should be a dandy. The winner has the inside track on hosting the rematch in the playoffs, so the implications are huge for a game this early in the season.

Vulnerability to the pass is a weakness for WRH and guess what JK has? A pretty damn good QB in the coaches son. Imagine being able to go over film while sitting in your living room any or everyday if you wanted. JK wins with a last second drive.

Here's just a few facts about the game:

Since 2007, the 2 teams have played 10 times, and both teams have won 5 games each...

Furthermore, Both teams have won 3 of those 5 games at home, and have won 2 games on the road....

Last year, the teams faced each other twice with WRH winning both at home....In 2008, the teams faced each other twice, and James Kenan won both times with one of those wins at WRH...

Both teams were playing very well when they met in the 2014 Eastern Final and the 34-31 victory by WRH was considerably less than the 45-33 win over JK during the regular season...

Each team has won multiple state titles since 2007 with James Kenan claiming 1AA titles in 07' & 13' and Wallace Rose-Hill claiming 1A titles in 09' & 10' along with their first 1AA title, last season...

WRH should be favored because they are the defending state 1AA champ, but agree that a good QB can really change the dynamics of a game if a turnover or two gives him more opportunities and possessions....

Good luck to both teams!

Should be a great game to watch this friday, and agree that it's the marquee 1A game in the state this week!

not sure about jk as i havent seen them play. but after seeing the team speed wrh has ill be surprised if wrh doesnt win this one. i know jk will prob have good team speed as well but my first hand impressions of wrh tells me they will win this game without a whole lot of trouble.

It will be hard for any 1a team to match WRH with speed. We are probably the fastest we have ever been. I pick the dogs and it will be easier than most think.

It will be hard for any 1a team to match WRH with speed. We are probably the fastest we have ever been. I pick the dogs and it will be easier than most think.
I'll take wrh in a barn burner. Dogs ground game vs tigers air show. home field should give jk an advantage. However I'm going with the dawgs until someone knocks them off in close games like this. wrh 34. jk 28

I'll take wrh in a barn burner. Dogs ground game vs tigers air show. home field should give jk an advantage. However I'm going with the dawgs until someone knocks them off in close games like this. wrh 34. jk 28

these games are impossible to predict with any degree of accuracy as wrh-jk rivalry goes back to the 1940's with wrh holding a slight edge in wins. having said that I feel wrh has the talent to win but this rivalry is so intense you have to be from one of these schools to appreciate it. I can guarantee it will be one of the best games of the year played on the 1a level. go dogs #4 or #8 pick your poison.

James Kenan looked very impressive tonight! Contained JJ Glaspie and Keyshawn Cannady the 2 ECU recruits held them in check all night! JK's defense has really upgraded and really drug Wallace all night long didn't let them get into any rhythm on offense at all. JK's running game was a force all night long really tired the Bulldogs Defense out early WRH really didn't bounce back after JK came out and hit them in the mouth! This rematch in the playoffs should be a good one I'm expecting more from WRH

wow i didnt see this coming. did jk run a lot on wrh or pass on them?

I plan on being at the rematch when they play for the Eastern 1AA championship later this year.

WRHs players chanting 'weight room...weight room' before the game was probably not the smartest thing t do. Seems like that fired thebTigers up. Believe it or not other schools have weight lifting programs as well.

Jk punched my Dogs in the mouth... It was all Jk... I have to give them their respect and execution of their game plan... Have my dogs off balanced all night.... If we don't improve by playoffs and add some balance by passing the ball---it's gonna be another Jk state championship in December

I thought the dogs would have a hard time replacing TT (53). It really showed tonight. He was a stud. Congrats to my Tigers. I always felt like the backs for the Dogs got to much credit last year. See you in late fall. Go Tigers

Its not just 53, JJ isn't playing defense either ---that's a lot to make up for... I don't think we can beat JK without JJ playing on defense unless a lot of improvement happens

Reactions: 10fishlimit
Football is a game of match ups. You never know until you play. I am expecting a good game.

you are right 10fishlimit, its all about the match ups....Its going to be an interesting game between ED and JK

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT