ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Spring/Summer

We wouldn't do that too an alum coach. But in the end when the devil looks into the mirror he knows how far into the depths of hell he will go to accomplish his mission.
AMD, you sounds like Alfred, Lord tennyson, citing The Charge Of The Light Brigade: "Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon in front of them volleyed and thundered"..."Into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell rode the six hundred"...

Now, we have to give you a title, AMD, Tennyson-1st Baron of Maiden (Remember, the comma always comes after the first name in case you like it and decide to keep it). Oh, one other thing: if you want Maiden Creek and GDevil to call you by your new renk and title you might gets some resistance from them. 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
AMD, you sounds like Alfred, Lord tennyson, citing The Charge Of The Light Brigade: "Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon in front of them volleyed and thundered"..."Into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell rode the six hundred"...

Now, we have to give you a title, AMD, Tennyson-1st Baron of Maiden (Remember, the comma always comes after the first name in case you like it and decide to keep it). Oh, one other thing: if you want Maiden Creek and GDevil to call you by your new renk and title you might gets some resistance from them. 🤓
Ur gonna get me off subject now lol. Here is a pondering for ya. Is it not weird that we have a popular national brand of frozen pizza named Red Baron 🤔 named after Baron von Richthofen a German fighter pilot that killed at least 80 allies. Not gonna lie I've indulged in this brand and is usually my go to frozen pizza. But always pondered the choice of name and mascot

AMD, I just got back from jogging around 8:30, and my route goes by the stadium. Some guys were there throwing a football, and have been almost everyday. Better tell your guys to eat their wheaties, cause it won't be long until your cordial, canis lupus neighbors will come calling.
🤔 Starting to feel a little froggy there after how many years of losing streak against us 🤔. Good thing for y'all, you aint playing at home this year so you won't have to hear that pitiful dying wolf howl 🤣. Now heel and show subservience to your master the devil 😈

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
Ur gonna get me off subject now lol. Here is a pondering for ya. Is it not weird that we have a popular national brand of frozen pizza named Red Baron 🤔 named after Baron von Richthofen a German fighter pilot that killed at least 80 allies. Not gonna lie I've indulged in this brand and is usually my go to frozen pizza. But always pondered the choice of name and mascot
That's pretty interesting and made me curious about it, too. There were some comments about the Pizza being named for the actual Red baron because his name was included in a series of cartoons and comic strips, called "The Peanuts" that were well known in the mid 60's to mid 70's. The main character was a neurotic boy named Charlie Brown. His dog, snoopy has dreams and imagines he is a WWI fighter pilot who is going after the Red Baron. That was an unofficial comment from some poster on a gossip site, so I don't know if it's correct.

I did learn that Marvin Schwan, founder of Schwan Foods makers of Red Baron Pizza, originally sold Pizza to schools in Minnesota which might give some creedence to him adding the Red Baron name to his pizza because of its connection to the Peanuts cartoons.
Also, Charles Schulz, creator of the Peanuts was originally from Minnesota, and the setting was Hennepin County, Mn., so it does kind of tie together.

*Side note: I have know several people who served in World War I, which included two of my Father's uncles. The last surviving American WW I veteran was Frank Buckles who died in West Virginia in 2011 at the age of 110.

*Side note: There was a World War I fighter plane engine on display in the Dept. of engineering at the school I went to. It was a strange looking thing called a radial engine. The cylinders protruded outward encircling this engine. I remember how clean it was.

Side note: For a person your age to have a curiosity about Red Baron Pizza, and Manfred Von Reichthofen, some clinician would call it a healthy curiosity... For someone my age having a similar curiosity and posting a message about pizza, and about Charlie Brown and the Peanuts, at 1:30 in morning, this same clinician would call it advanced cognitive decline. 🤠

1 Maiden- hey it’s Maiden. They do what they do, lose alot of seniors, then rebuild year then next year be better etc. it’s kinda the trend but there’s been times I’m sure were it’s took 2 plus years to get back but never too long

2 BH- benefit of doubt. You have Willis and some returning but I’ve seen star players not perform as well the next year when good components are lost the year before

3 Bandys- with killer JV 2 year ago and always good coaching and athletes they could surprise. Giving them 3 at the lowest. Be their year I feel it but could I be wrong well yeah been wrong before

4 WL- I’m sure they got something to keep them in top 4 especially upsetting a good NL early last year. Won’t happen this year unless NL beats themselves in that early non conf game. Be a good game to gage the Rebs on to see how they might come out in CVAC play

5- Lincolnton- could be higher or lower but bottom half is always interesting and my buddy talks em up good and I take his word for it. You know who I’m talking bout ha ha

6- Newton- a team that you shake an 8 ball thingie and see what the thing says. Athletes always but going on a limb and saying Lincolnton takes em.

7- East Burke- gee what have I got to say bout my boys, I love em and love what Minor is doing and love the atmosphere and the fans but I’m a realist. Going on a hard limb and saying they finish here cause that what’s been happening and with all the loss of raw talent from these recent seniors that many thought including myself was gonna take em to a playoff spot this past season and it didn’t pan out. Mainly due to the injury hit they took from key players. I put em at 7 based on paper and senior loss only HOWEVER…dont be surprised if they blow us away at expectations and finish 4. Can’t see higher than 4 but I’ll go with this for now. It’ll depend on the young QB, a good and should be more developed young RB and the line blocking.

8- West Caldwell- if this conf was set like this in the 80s and some 90s this would be the most feared program next to Maiden without a doubt. Track showed us there’s athletes in those halls in Gamewell. How they use em is to be determined. Bottom feeder until we see a couple games first.

Burke man called it, snapshot this prediction and I’d love to be wrong if I am wrong on some of these picks. CVAC is one of if not the most competitive 2A conferences and with the tallent EB had last year they could NOT afford to call a bad play, or make 2 or 3 too many mistakes or have so much as 3 or more starters out. Bout same thing went for a few other teams. Aug is just too far away ya’ll. Cheers!

Didn’t Newton run off Matt Wilson dad in Nick Bazzle when he was there? Ik N-C can be very political and Ik their fans demand a lot bc I remember when I went to my first N-C game a few yr back and That’s all I heard about from fans and etc

I doubt Minor moves on from EB - He will prob retire there imo

Matt Wilson is a solid coach and he has the ability to win at N-C but needs time and support I mean look they are getting turf , new building , a larger weight room - There a ton of positives moving forward at N-C
I am with you blue devil 1996 on Coach EB has not had the best talent like some schools has. Bad luck for sure last year. I think Coach Minor has a son coming to HS so I see him hanging in there at EB for a few more year unless he gets burn out seen where he has taken on the wrestling program interesting!!

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I am with you blue devil 1996 on Coach EB has not had the best talent like some schools has. Bad luck for sure last year. I think Coach Minor has a son coming to HS so I see him hanging in there at EB for a few more year unless he gets burn out seen where he has taken on the wrestling program interesting!!

I am little surprised he took the Wrestling job bc I didn't know he knew wrestling but I guess it will be a good thing as he can get some of his football guys on the wrestling team so its like a combo deal. I agree he will prob retire or leave after his son is done IMO but who knows.

I am little surprised he took the Wrestling job bc I didn't know he knew wrestling but I guess it will be a good thing as he can get some of his football guys on the wrestling team so its like a combo deal. I agree he will prob retire or leave after his son is done IMO but who knows.
Yes, he has some experience and the guy he has helping him does too!! That program has been down for a while like most of the sports there except Girls Basketball and Track.

Lol got about a month until the pads start popping and hits start coming 😂 except me lol I got hits coming next weekend for tour of destruction at hickory speedway. Time to smash some cars #my-sport-takes-2-balls-to-play 🤣🤣

AMD, looks like you’re going to the demolition derby in style. That car looks like a Cadillac.
If you painted it yellow and put taxi on the doors you could make some money. All you’d have to do is pull up in front of a beer joint on Fridays and saturdays, and the drunks will all pile in it. A drunk is naturally attracted to a taxi like a robin is to an earthworm. They don’t care where you take them, long as you drive them around for awhile. As big as that car is you could get a bunch of them in it.

AMD, looks like you’re going to the demolition derby in style. That car looks like a Cadillac.
If you painted it yellow and put taxi on the doors you could make some money. All you’d have to do is pull up in front of a beer joint on Fridays and saturdays, and the drunks will all pile in it. A drunk is naturally attracted to a taxi like a robin is to an earthworm. They don’t care where you take them, long as you drive them around for awhile. As big as that car is you could get a bunch of them in it.
Lol could of before I gutted it 🤣. I finish it up this week I'll post after pics. I have like 5 cars at my disposal at the moment 🤣

Reactions: Lincolnton

I see the hubcaps, now, it's not a cadillac but a Lincoln. There was this man I knew who lived here a long time ago. Even then, this guy looked like he was 200 years old. He sold liquor and used his personal vehicle which was a Sedan De Ville Cadillac as an unlicensed taxi. His claim to fame was that he had a fare that went from here to a place called Scotland Neck. Over and over he told about driving somebody to Scotland Neck.

I see the hubcaps, now, it's not a cadillac but a Lincoln. There was this man I knew who lived here a long time ago. Even then, this guy looked like he was 200 years old. He sold liquor and used his personal vehicle which was a Sedan De Ville Cadillac as an unlicensed taxi. His claim to fame was that he had a fare that went from here to a place called Scotland Neck. Over and over he told about driving somebody to Scotland Neck.
2 separate cars I got a caddy and a Lincoln 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT