ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC

68987981_678960682619691_4710711475893698560_n.jpg

Welcome to Canton. Where the women roam free and the sheep and cattle run for their lives.

First I never meant anything when I said that. Just that Franklin is not that good this year. Most people know that evidently, you don't. A scrimmage is just that. Most coaches play a lot of kids at different positions to see how they do. When the regular seasons start no one will be talking about a controlled scrimmage.So keep enjoying you scrimmage win, which don't count.Tuscola is still 0-0
Now to answer your other question about our scrimmage next week.On Tuesday we go against a 4A school out of South Carolina for the third year in a row and then 3-ANorth Buncombe on Friday. By the way, they won't matter either by the next week when we get ready for Murphy.

I said Franklin was not that good. .Robbinsville proved me right.

My take after having seen both scrimmages. THS needs some work but could be good if the line gels like it is capable. QB is a real threat either scrambling or short passing. Two good receivers I saw. Just need more work and a third place finish in the WMAC is not out of the question. I am concerned about the QB playing every down on offense and defense AND doing the punting. That is a bit much for a sophomore IMO and could increase the chance of injury. Find somebody else to do that safety job would be my advice even if they are not as good. PHS played Pickens, and I sat with a friend that lives there and has a kid on the team. They were told that they came up here to learn from a program that they wanted to emulate to get to that level and didnt expect to be competitive in that scrimmage. When it was over he said he might have to upgrade his expectations based on the performance of his team. They did pretty good I have to say. PHS had a good running game at times, made some mistakes at times but should be OK down the road. And a tough road it is! Couple of PHS friends complained about missing some wide open receivers on a number of occasions but that wont happen so much as the season goes on. Who's going to win the PHS THS game in Waynesville? The one that wins the half and half will be the big winner, but as for the game who the heck knows?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT