ADVERTISEMENT

MAC 3A/4A Week 1

Reynoldsrocks2

Sep 18, 2015
It's that time again, lets hear your thoughts.....

WEEK 1:

AC Reynolds @ West Forsyth
Erwin @ Daniel Boone, TN
Owen @ Enka
East Henderson @ North Buncombe
Asheville @ Tuscola
TC Roberson @ Watauga
R-S Central @ McDowell

Reactions: mhhs94
You beat me to it!

AC Reynolds @ West Forsyth-

Max Guest will be missed for the first few weeks. Reynolds should rely on their defense like last year (especially the first few games). On paper, this is a game Reynolds should win but it's a long bus ride and tough to win without your best offensive player. I still like the Rockets in a close one.

Reynolds 21
West Forsyth 17

Erwin @ Daniel Boone (TN)

Erwin should once again be able to pass the ball and score on most people. The defense, as usual, is the big question mark. Daniel Boone is ranked 10th in 5A in Tennessee after going 12-1 last season and advancing to the 3rd round of the playoffs. This could be a tough game for Erwin but I think it will be a close high-scoring game.

Daniel Boone 41
Erwin 35

Owen @ Enka

Enka may not have the wins to show for it but have improved some in the last year or 2. This is a game both teams will feel like they should win. I like the home team in another close game

Enka 27
Owen 21

East Henderson @ North Buncombe

Can North break the streak? This will be one of their best chances of a win this season.

North Buncombe 14
East Henderson 13

Asheville @ Tuscola

This could be one of the better games in WNC for week 1. Tuscola was much improved last season and welcomes in a new transfer QB they are raving about. Asheville has a good QB of their own and a good defense.

Asheville 28
Tuscola 21

TC Roberson @ Watauga

Watauga has had TC's number for a while now. This could be the year it changes. TC has looked good in scrimmages and returns almost everyone from last year. Watauga is a tough place to win though and has a winning tradition and good coaching..

Watauga 34
TC Roberson 27

RS Central @ McDowell

This game is usually a barometer game for both teams. The winner can have a decent season while the loser usually struggles to win many games. McDowell will surely miss the loss of the best player, athlete, and leading rusher, Josh Ellis. The line play should be a strength for McDowell this year but who will run the ball? Will they have any speed in the secondary? RS likes to run outside with the triple option and has speed doing so. I don't think it will be a strong season for McDowell.

RS Central 28
McDowell 20

I agree with basically all your picks, however I don’t see Erwin keeping it close. Their top receiver from last year is playing at ACR now. I’m not sure their offense will keep up.

As for my guys, our defense is good not great like last year. I expect our D to get better each week. Offensively without Guest it will be tough but we have a quality backup, but a young OL. Our WR group is pretty good, especially with the Erwin transfer Johnson. I feel like if we take care of ball and limit penalties we can win at WF.

I like Enka, NB, in close ones, TCR by 10 and Asheville by at least 14. Sorry I don’t see McDowell winning and it may be a long season for them.

It may be a long season for us but I do have hope for the future. We have real talent coming up from middle school for the first time in a long time (as long as they dont transfer out like so many do)

It may be a long season for us but I do have hope for the future. We have real talent coming up from middle school for the first time in a long time (as long as they dont transfer out like so many do)
I hope you are right, the conference needs EVERYONE to be good, but with the new realignment coming who knows what our conference will be.

Owen by 14 over Enka
East Henderson by 7 over North buncombe
Daniel Boone by 35 over Erwin
Asheville by 14....although new QB, New coach @ Tuscola you never know
RS Central by 7 over McDowell
Watauga by 20 over TC
Reynolds by 7 over West Forsyth

10 years ago I could damn near predict scores of games, let alone pick the winners. Now I don’t know a damn thing.

I know Asheville has the best sophomore prospect in the mountains right now at qb. But he’s also a sophomore qb. He’s going to be very VERY good by the time he’s a senior. We have some real studs on our team as we always do. How hard will they play? I don’t know. How good is our line? Who knows. I can see us losing this game but if there is one thing that is kryptonite to Jonathan crompton…. It’s Asheville high school.

Reynolds can win for sure, but not having guest won’t help. I don’t know how good west Forsyth is supposed to be. The others I could flip a coin on

Reactions: mhhs94
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT