ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC

By the way Marion was your second leading rusher and had highest average yards per carry 8.3 yards a carry. Porter was the 4th leading rusher. Between the 2 of them they accounted for more than 1000 yards rushing. 737 for Marion and 303 for Porter. Porter passed for 576 yards. Wallace created 5 TO. Grant from Owen was the second leading return man and had a respectable amount of carries and yards rushing. Porter and Marion also had 150 yards recieving collectively. I'm pretty sure but could be wrong, Wallace was in the secondary so being the 7th leading tackler is pretty impressive from that far off the ball. Means he was likely the most active from the 3rd level. So maybe you should check out the info instead of insulting with your lack of knowledge of your own team.

I'm sure it's hard to keep up with your team since there are so many new faces from year to year though

Again you are cute.....I clearly stated Marion was our second leading rusher, I said 3rd in attempts. Also Wallace was not in the secondary, he split time between LB and DL. And it’s 22 players not 11. Also why didn’t Asheville win the state title with Porter, Marion, and Wallace over there??? Why hasn’t Owen won titles with all the great players they had before we recruited them to ACR? And Erwin they should have multiple titles according to you and how many great players played for them prior to signing with ACR. I guess these transfers don’t really try to win titles until they come to ACR. Come to think of it TCR should have a few titles also. This is all just comical that you really believe ACR doesn’t win with their players. You do know the vast majority of players were born and raised ACR guys. Keep crying, one day Owen might get to visit the 2nd round of the playoffs again.

Its 33 if you wanna get technical but all of those guys played snaps on all aspects of the game. When you take all these players from around wnc and put them on one team, its gonna be easier to win a title together instead of being spread out amongst several different schools. I know Rocket science isnt your forte but at least try to keep up a little bit. Pun intended

Maybe we should change our name to WNC All-Stars! I’m done arguing with the kid on the playground screaming cheater cheater pumpkin eater......

You wanna call me a kid yet you always have to get the last word. So who is the child? That's what that was for.

It’s hard to have a battle of the minds with Owen 98 when he always comes unarmed.

You keep on whining like the little boy who just dropped his ice cream and we’ll keep on winning football games.

You can reply when Mommy lets you back on the computer.

You make me laugh, sad clown.

Good to see the ACR/Owen rivalry isn't dead. Haha

No it died years ago, they want to be our rival but everyone at ACR knows TCR/Asheville will always be our true rival in all sports. Owen is like the little brother that nags us to play with them.

Good to see the ACR/Owen rivalry isn't dead. Haha

These guys cant talk facts just try to belittle. Just a sign of the immaturity. In person they would tremble in fear but they get behind a screen name and think they bad. Lol! Sad clowns!!!!

Tremble in fear??? Of who? I’m on the sidelines every game, I’m not hiding from anyone.

Yeah you the guy that threw your clipboard on the ground in anger when Jager was wearing the Rockette's out. Nerd

You know in keeping up with the stats you really should know your team better

You really hurt that clipboard lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you don’t even know me, I don’t hold a clipboard, you have me confused with someone else, and I assure you the guy who holds the clipboard has never thrown it, you are just grasping now. I guess you win 1 game in 14 years you have to grasp at something positive for your team.

You dont know me.....what's that suppose to mean.....you are real sensitive arent you. Alot of estrogen on here now. Bless your heart. I didnt know I was dealing with a chick. My bad honey

Oh and I have seen with my own eyes those 2 guys that do the stats commit the act I'm speaking of.

Still living on the Gardner years. My,my, my how sad.

I really feel sorry for you. Having all this stuff just burning inside you and knowing there isn’t one damn thing you can do about it because there isn’t anything TO DO about it. You would rather come on here and sing that same old tired song, just hoping to find someone or something to balm your wounds.

But alas it is not to be.

Go Rockets. Beat Owen AGAIN!!

I said you didn’t know me because you said I threw a clipboard. I don’t hold a clipboard, so I know you are lying about 2 guys throwing clipboards. It’s been fun, you can post one more post so you get the last word, enjoy!

I do have one question. Is there not a rule in Buncombe county or state wide that if you transfer from one school to another in the same county you have to sit out one season? I remember this passing a while back but maybe I am wrong because it sure doesn't seem to be the case.

BD warrior, I do know that the rule on residency has provisos that some players and their families over the last few years have taken advantage of.

There is a rule but it has provisos.

Here is what the “News and Observer” said about the meeting in May of 2017

One of the biggest items was the transfer rule.

Student who transferred schools after beginning their ninth grade year were originally ineligible to play high school athletics for one full year unless the transfer was for a bona fide change of address or the local education agency approved it.

Now, all students will get one transfer after their ninth grade year if the two local education agencies agree.

“The parents, you can hear it in their voice, ‘I’m just trying to make the best decision for my child, but I don’t want to deny them an opportunity to participate in high school athletics,’” said Rodney Shotwell, NCHSAA board of directors president and Rockingham County Schools superintendent. “When that policy was put in place a few years ago, we didn’t know the unintended consequences that came along with that.”

The decision will also apply to students transferring from a traditional public school to a charter or parochial school, though those schools can establish their own student transfer policies.

▪ The in-season dead periods – in which coaches cannot work with players in skill development – were shortened from six weeks to three weeks. The May dead period for football and all girls sports was eliminated, and there is a new dead period: the last 10 student days of the school year.

▪ Athletes who have exhausted their eligibility can wear their school uniform and equipment for outside organization competition so long as the school gives permission. The rule opens up the option for players to wear their school uniform or jersey in all-star games.

▪ Transfers who must sit out will now do so for either two consecutive semesters (at least 50 percent of the current semester plus the following semester) or 365 days, whichever is less. Previously, it was just 365 days. Also, transfers do not have to sit out if the two local education agencies involved agree.

▪ Students residency shall be deemed to be with the parent they begin the semester with if there is no custody order.

Last edited:
Reactions: BD Warrior
I do have one question. Is there not a rule in Buncombe county or state wide that if you transfer from one school to another in the same county you have to sit out one season? I remember this passing a while back but maybe I am wrong because it sure doesn't seem to be the case.

BD....the rule changed a couple years ago that they can transfer now one time in a high school career....we all know the previous rule was broken time and time again before the rule change by ACR but the state did a non existent job of policing it.

BD....the rule changed a couple years ago that they can transfer now one time in a high school career....we all know the previous rule was broken time and time again before the rule change by ACR but the state did a non existent job of policing it.

OMG, you really are delusional. It's a good thing you have a short drive to Broughton Hospital. Then again, please let someone else drive you there. We don't need that kind of insanity behind the wheel of a vehicle.

I remember when this was being said about "THE HIGH". I don't fault players/parents that want to transfer to a different school. I know one thing for a fact. The COUNTY schools will have better opportunities to succeed not that it is very expensive to live in the Asheville City Schools foot print. This of course, is one of two reaasons DEM PHAT CATZ are not competing for the top 3A team in the state let along the WMAC. The second is that places like LEE WALKER HEIGHTS and MOUNTAIN SIDE apartments are closed down. If the Erskin St and Livingston St communities, not to mention Klondyke, and Hill Crest, areas, meet the same fate, the COUNTY SCHOOLS will continue to see greater opportunites for success. BY THE WAY, are there any results from WMAC 7 on 7s or scrimmages

Agree with the owen guy, reynolds has been stealing players for years. Friends with gardner he told me reynolds faithful blew his phone up. Take all the transfers away reynolds is pisgah.

th

Hey bro you seem to know lot about owen football, heard from very reliable source that the valley is loaded with talent from middle school down, and padgett told his staff to go to middle school and youth league games, anyone that knows much about football in the area knows why they are doing it.

Here's some real truth for you........

Nobody on here is saying ACR doesn't get transfers. The only thing I am saying is that it was the players and their families that made that decision. If a player wants to transfer to ACR and all the paperwork is correct ( BOTH INSTITUTIONS HAVE TO SIGN OFF ON IT ) then we will take them just like any other school would. It's when uninformed people start screaming about cheating/recruiting and all this other BS that I find laughable and ignorant. They just can't stand it that a player would rather play at another school rather than their school. It all stems from someone getting their feelings hurt when they get curb stomped and they want an excuse as to why it happened. If you don't like having an ass beating on Friday nights then get better. Find a system that works for your demographic area and perfect it. Maybe then you might have better players want to go to your school versus wanting to leave your school to play elsewhere. I can remember when ACR wasn't good at football and Scott Conner came in with a system that worked for us at the time and changed the whole culture at ACR. The systems have changed with the times and coaches but the culture is still the same. There are schools all over that don't have a ton of great athletes on their roster but they win because they have a system that works for them. They work it to perfection. They don't whine and complain about not having this or that or what the other schools in the area are doing.

BTW, I know TCR had an ACR transfer on their starting offense last year but not a word was said about that. Those are the facts and they are not debatable.

Last edited:
Here's some real truth for you........

Nobody on here is saying ACR doesn't get transfers. The only thing I am saying is that it was the players and their families that made that decision. If a player wants to transfer to ACR and all the paperwork is correct ( BOTH INSTITUTIONS HAVE TO SIGN OFF ON IT ) then we will take them just like any other school would. It's when uninformed people start screaming about cheating/recruiting and all this other BS that I find laughable and ignorant. They just can't stand it that a player would rather play at another school rather than their school. It all stems from someone getting their feelings hurt when they get curb stomped and they want an excuse as to why it happened. If you don't like having an ass beating on Friday nights then get better. Find a system that works for your demographic area and perfect it. Maybe then you might have better players want to go to your school versus wanting to leave your school to play elsewhere. I can remember when ACR wasn't good at football and Scott Conner came in with a system that worked for us at the time and changed the whole culture at ACR. The systems have changed with the times and coaches but the culture is still the same. There are schools all over that don't have a ton of great athletes on their roster but they win because they have a system that works for them. They work it to perfection. They don't whine and complain about not having this or that or what the other schools in the area are doing.

BTW, I know TCR had an ACR transfer on their starting offense last year but not a word was said about that. Those are the facts and they are not debatable.

Could you do me a favor and send this message out to every Burns fan in Cleveland County? Thanks in advance. You said the exact thing Crest has been saying for years now.

It happens all the time. I remember, when I was in denial like a knucklehead. I figured everyone wanted to come to the HIGH. I was shown some behind the scenes emails and was like wow. OK. I had figured people would just come on their own for the exposure. Either way, I'm cool with it. Didn't know that Christ School openly recruites. Not upset about that one either. It is what it is.

In the past I have known that some ACR folks that said they will produce a address if you come. That's far from what these goons are claiming. Still a bunch in youth league actively trying to recruit. You can call me names such as delirious etc but I'm not just spouting off. I know for a FACT that it is happening.

In the past I have known that some ACR folks that said they will produce a address if you come. That's far from what these goons are claiming. Still a bunch in youth league actively trying to recruit. You can call me names such as delirious etc but I'm not just spouting off. I know for a FACT that it is happening.
Bro you are right all you have to do is go asheville youth league game, its pathetic.

Who are these “folks”. You seem to have such a grasp of what’s going on. Tell us all who these folks are. We all are waiting with bated breath. Please enlighten all of us with your infinite knowledge of the backroom deals and shady goings on. You should be a detective.

Youth league? OMG, who gives a big rat fart about people talking to kids in youth league. Coaches, players and families know each other from different leagues. I coached in the youth league for over a decade and we knew kids from every league just like the coaches from other leagues knew ours. I coached kids that wound up playing at Erwin, Asheville, TCR and Owen. They were all great kids and families and I still keep in touch with some to this day. All were starters in high school and I couldn’t have been any happier for them if they had gone to ACR. I enjoyed seeing the fine young men they had become.

You do know that the youth leagues are not necessarily associated with the high schools don’t you? Kids in youth league may be a great player at that age but may not develop into anything better than they are at that time. The same can be said in the other direction. Why would anyone waste their breath trying to persuade a 7-12 year old and their parents to go to their school of choice. That makes zero sense.

Do you even hear the drivel in your head that you post on here before you type it in?

The “goons” will be in Swan-a-no-where on 9/6 to dispense the annual curb stomping.

Good luck to you and yours.

Go Rockets. Beat Owen AGAIN.

I think winning programs recruit for themselves. In 1999 Reynolds won a state championship. Derrick eddington says “hey I’d like to be a part of that”. Transfers.
From 2002-2014 Asheville high was the best program in the mountains, hence we got a lot of transfers in that decade+. The bottom line is, these kids already know each other outside of football. If they feel like they can transfer and play with guys they already know and most importantly WIN, they’ll find a way to get to that school.

Hey GG4BAMA, I have heard some good reports from our guys in the field about a couple 8 year olds, a 9 year old, and an 11 year old from the Hendersonville area, they think we have a good chance to sign them in the next 5 to 6 years. Fingers crossed! :) We might need to create a whole new housing community (fake of course) for the future, it's going to get over crowded if we don't.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
Hey GG4BAMA, I have heard some good reports from our guys in the field about a couple 8 year olds, a 9 year old, and an 11 year old from the Hendersonville area, they think we have a good chance to sign them in the next 5 to 6 years. Fingers crossed! :) We might need to create a whole new housing community (fake of course) for the future, it's going to get over crowded if we don't.

laughing-emoji.jpeg

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT