ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC

the thing i have never understood about all the people complaining about the kids that transfer is they all complain about the school that the kid transfers to.do you people ever let it wander into your mind to think why the reason the kid wants to transfer is?its really not even an arguable point anymore. its just a fact. kids want to play on winning programs that get a lot of exposure.and if kids are starting to pay attention to the rockets or the cougars or the warriors or the crest chargers when they are young then so be it.

That's not it at all. In 2003 Owen handled ACR pretty well and yet Shane Harper transferred to ACR that year from Owen, only to transfer back shortly after the game and wasnt allowed to play for us. He lived in black mountain the whole time.

Tuscola-franklin scrimmage, I think the final score when the two teams had starters on the field was 28-14 in Tuscola's favor. Tuscola defense needs some work badly, at times franklin moved the ball at will and consistently pushed our line around, they ran out of plays in the early part when I assume they only had a specific number of plays for each team or else they would have scored. The Mountaineers were okay on offense, they scored on two long bang plays, one was a nice run up the middle and the other was a busted QB run around the right side, and I think the others were sustained drives. The QB is going to be good, he is tall, athletic, and will outrun almost anyone on the field, he is good with the short passing game but seems to be inaccurate on deep balls. Number 22 at RB is also really good and quick but tuscola is thin at RB after him, he seems to have a motor that goes 120 all the time. Our line got pushed around a lot by franklin so the QB had almost no time to throw the ball unless it was a rollout. I think the glaring weakness on each side of the ball is the line play, it has got to improve.

Franklin is going to be fine, they have a couple of big RBs, 28 and 35, that will run over anyone especially 28 who also wreaked havoc at linebacker. They have a nice short passing game, but they rarely threw deep it seemed, although I believe he threw one interception on a high thrown ball. The Franklin defense is good as well, there line destroyed ours most of the evening, they aren't big but those kids are so physical and nasty up front. That's my takeaway from the scrimmage, but maybe someone seen things differently.

Tuscola-franklin scrimmage, I think the final score when the two teams had starters on the field was 28-14 in Tuscola's favor. Tuscola defense needs some work badly, at times franklin moved the ball at will and consistently pushed our line around, they ran out of plays in the early part when I assume they only had a specific number of plays for each team or else they would have scored. The Mountaineers were okay on offense, they scored on two long bang plays, one was a nice run up the middle and the other was a busted QB run around the right side, and I think the others were sustained drives. The QB is going to be good, he is tall, athletic, and will outrun almost anyone on the field, he is good with the short passing game but seems to be inaccurate on deep balls. Number 22 at RB is also really good and quick but tuscola is thin at RB after him, he seems to have a motor that goes 120 all the time. Our line got pushed around a lot by franklin so the QB had almost no time to throw the ball unless it was a rollout. I think the glaring weakness on each side of the ball is the line play, it has got to improve.

Franklin is going to be fine, they have a couple of big RBs, 28 and 35, that will run over anyone especially 28 who also wreaked havoc at linebacker. They have a nice short passing game, but they rarely threw deep it seemed, although I believe he threw one interception on a high thrown ball. The Franklin defense is good as well, there line destroyed ours most of the evening, they aren't big but those kids are so physical and nasty up front. That's my takeaway from the scrimmage, but maybe someone seen things differently.
But but Misinterpretation said...…...

So let me see. Franklin might not be a real test, but you guys are going to face who in a scrimmage that will be??? Ah. That's what I thought. Not anyone!

Talk to some stink town fans, they are really worried this season. Pisgah does not have that defense like last season, the pisgah staff better learn those boys how tp run block. My expert opinion i see 2 lbig L before conf starts.

Reactions: Misinterpretation
So let me see. Franklin might not be a real test, but you guys are going to face who in a scrimmage that will be??? Ah. That's what I thought. Not anyone!
First I never meant anything when I said that. Just that Franklin is not that good this year. Most people know that evidently, you don't. A scrimmage is just that. Most coaches play a lot of kids at different positions to see how they do. When the regular seasons start no one will be talking about a controlled scrimmage.So keep enjoying you scrimmage win, which don't count.Tuscola is still 0-0
Now to answer your other question about our scrimmage next week.On Tuesday we go against a 4A school out of South Carolina for the third year in a row and then 3-ANorth Buncombe on Friday. By the way, they won't matter either by the next week when we get ready for Murphy.

Reactions: PBBear51 and 91ths
I hope to see us tighten up a bit more for Knox Catholic. We did ok against Franklin but Dmull was spot on in his post. Jmo. I think we will be fine this season. But I'm like bamatide. Wish the Pisgah game was further down the schedule. To me that game needs to be played later in the season .again jmo.

I hope to see us tighten up a bit more for Knox Catholic. We did ok against Franklin but Dmull was spot on in his post. Jmo. I think we will be fine this season. But I'm like bamatide. Wish the Pisgah game was further down the schedule. To me that game needs to be played later in the season .again jmo.

I think everyone would like to see that game later. Tuscola plays Smoky[9-27] after playing two conference game . Pisgah had to find someone, MH for that date. Looks to me like they could have just switched those games. The games are set for now and next year. Should work itself out in the new alignment.If NCHSAA goes to 5-A

Reactions: 91ths
Tuscola did all right but I'm not sure Franklin was a real test.
Franklin is young and very inexperienced, and their line was the smallest I’ve seen in years. But they stood up well to Tuscola’s “vaunted” line on both sides of the ball. Bryson looks to be the real deal, Good athlete, good quickness, and good speed. When his passing catches up to his running, watch out. Tuscola looked good at times, but the 3 turnovers they gave up didn’t help.

So you guys scrimmage Pickens and North Buncombe? Neither of which have had or will have any relevant success. Please keep criticizing and sleeping on us. Good luck next week. I'm sure you will really be thumping that chest after whipping those 2 schools!

So you guys scrimmage Pickens and North Buncombe? Neither of which have had or will have any relevant success. Please keep criticizing and sleeping on us. Good luck next week. I'm sure you will really be thumping that chest after whipping those 2 schools!
Nah, chest thumping is your forte. That’s all you’ve done all summer. That and calling out other THS fans for expressing their thoughts. Wonder what the new AD has to say about that? I hear he posts on NC Preps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Wrong as usual . Unlike you, we know a scrimmage don't count.

Damn, when did tuscola hire Petey Pablo for a hype man? Is this what they spent their draw down money on?
I've kept up with high school football since 94/95ish. That was this smallest O line Franklin has ever put on the field, that I remember. Even my wife said their center looks like he could play WR.
Tuscola does have big boys up front but tuscola's qb was running for his life an awful lot. Thank goodness he's athletic, if that would have been his brother it wouldn't have been pretty.
Tuscola had quite a few turnovers and penalties that would hurt in a real game.
Franklin missed quite a few swing passes that would have moved the ball for em. They'll take some licks early but the panthers will be good come conference play.

Reactions: PisgahBear9975
Ain't nobody sleeping on you....6 pack

Do you know how much Franklin switched out at QB? My understanding is that the senior (#1, I believe) would be the starter but the sophomore would get time.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
What else is there to do in Haywood Co?? :D:D I personally love the back and forth between Pisgah and Tuscola.
Well we can go to town and watch the trains or chip trucks go by.Walk on the river and see the ducks and groundhogs. Go to picking in the park on Friday night until football starts. We also have the brewery. Tell you the truth I kinda like living in Milltown. But you were right not a lot to do.At my age that's O.K.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Yeah, I am sure it pisses you all off because a county with two teams has more posts than all the Buncombe county teams combined.

I think most ( probably all ) the posters on here from Buncombe County could give two s&!%s about the number of posts they have on here. I am more interested in winning on Friday nights ( pretty sure they are too ) than I am about winning the number of posts on NCPREPS battle.

But hey, I like it when you guys get fired up and start the bantering back and forth. I do love the passion you guys have for your respective teams though.

Sorry, I didn’t notice if/when Franklin switched out their varsity QB. FWIW, I do know that the Franklin JV team dominated the Tuscola JV’s in their two times on the field.
Can't argue that. But will add our jvs have a lot of freshmen this season.Hopefully they will adjust and pull it together.

Sorry, I didn’t notice if/when Franklin switched out their varsity QB. FWIW, I do know that the Franklin JV team dominated the Tuscola JV’s in their two times on the field.
That surprised me since Waynesville Middle went undefeated last year. Sometimes kids that played in Middle School don't play in High School.Girls and job are more important.

Can't argue that. But will add our jvs have a lot of freshmen this season.Hopefully they will adjust and pull it together.
I’m sure they will. I noticed one or two THS freshman and sophomores were playing with the varsity in the Franklin scrimmage. That can help the varsity, but it can really change the dynamics of the JV team as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT